Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2021

Due in January 2021

Replies

• @Lolalove congratulations how many weeks are you? 
  • hey just wondering what this could be/mean. It has only happened twice after intercourse. I've had no bleeding this only seems to be here then goes soon after intercourse. I'm five weeks today, kinda worried that having intercourse is causing problems. 
  • @Bellejane ive had some bleeding over the weekend so not holding out much hope at this point, ive been here so many times before, tested this morning still positive but still faint just waiting for my GP to call me back 😞
  • Oh @Michelle0411 we're so sorry to hear about the bleeding - must be so terribly stressful, please let us know what your GP says x

• I'm 41 and and a couple of hours ago I took a pregnancy test, and it was positive. I am so in shock I don't even know what to feel. I am late 5 days so too early to not be worried about miscarriage and other things. I haven't told anybody yet! Not even husband who is sleeping peacefully right now!  I guess my due date would be January 22nd? Which happens to be my birthday! OMG, what the heck is happening ?!? I'm so in shock!
  • @Andy777 congratulations 🎉 I'm due around the 21st. Enjoy the feeling and don't over think about miscarriage and that, hard to do I know. Congratulations again 😁
  • @Michelle0411 please keep us informed. 🤞 For you and wishing you all the best. Hoping it isn't anything negative. X
  • spoke to my GP and they just said bed rest for a few days and see what happens, its too early to confirm miscarriage because it might not show on a scan and a test could stay positive for upto a month, if it gets heavier or i get pain ring back and they will send me to the EPU anyway, going to be a long week 😞
  • spoke to my GP and they just said bed rest for a few days and see what happens, its too early to confirm miscarriage because it might not show on a scan and a test could stay positive for upto a month, if it gets heavier or i get pain ring back and they will send me to the EPU anyway, going to be a long week 😞

Hang in there dear. I have just had my fist positive test EVER this morning. I am 41 years old, and (apparently) pregnant for the first time in my life. I'm like 4 weeks and some days so far, so, I know it is too early to tell, and I know my chances are slim because of my age.  But I have told myself that even if this pregnancy doesn't happen I have a  really good life, I have interests, things I want to do, friends, and it will not be the end of the world if I lose this kid and never have a child. You have to do the same.  Miscarriages don't define you. Having a child doesn't define you. You will be happy and will have a full life no matter what.  I know it is hard right now, but concentrate on yourself and your own happiness, girl. 
  • Michelle, I hope everything is ok! I had some very light spotting on Friday and Saturday and I’m hoping it was implantation! I’m only 4+3 so very early. 
    Andy777 congratulations! Stay positive! That’s all we can do at the moment! Xx
  • Hi ladies! ☺️ Congratulations on your BFP’s! Hoping and praying for you all to continue to have healthy pregnancies ☺️ 
    I’m seeking some advice and apologise for the lengthy message in advance.. I’m 7 weeks today (from date of last AF) with 2nd child, my DD is 7 years so been a while since my last and only pregnancy! I’m 36 yrs old and have been trying for 3 months so was absolutely overjoyed with my BFP on 4th May however, I had very light spotting a week ago, pale pink discharge when I wiped. I was sent for an early scan (transvaginal) and they found a small gestational sac and suggested it was probably just implantation but booked me in for another scan for 27th May. Upon returning home I started to spot, light red stretchy discharge and then lost one small (1/2 inch) blood clot, I didn’t ‘bleed’ but continued to wipe pink/pale brown discharge for 3 days 😔😢 between my first pregnancy and now I’ve suffered with recurring bouts of thrush, BV and had a loop excision for stage 4 CIN!! Which left me with some small scar tissue mistaken as a polyp! 
    My midwife advised to just keep my scan appointment as they will be better able to see either a growth in pregnancy or the loss 😢 needless to say, the wait is crucifying me! I feel completely and utterly exhausted emotionally and physically. I continue to have mild abdominal cramps and achy lower back and feel like I constantly need a wee and I’ve had normal milky discharge for the past couple of days! My head and hormones are causing me so much stress and confusion. Any suggestions? I am SO SORRY to jump in with all this, but google is doing me absolutely no favours! xx
  • @Keilis before the spotting did you have sex or a bowel movement? May be you have a sensitive cervix! :) if you do start heavy bleeding go get checked straight away, if it's gone now I wouldn't worry too much.. I had a miscarriage the cycle before this one.. started spotting around 28th by the 30th I was heavy bleeding and passed tissue it happened so quickly! I was 5 week 3 days.. I've been terrified this pregnancy as I've fell pregnant straight away not even trying 🙈 I'm currently 7 weeks 1 days and I'm constantly knicker checking, about 5 week and 5 days o went to the toilet for a bowel movement and had to strain a little 🙈 then when I wiped pink discharge I freaked out and nearly vomited with fear EPU told me to keep and eye on it and carry on as normal and it went the day after maybe you've strained? x
  • 28th of March that is 
  • I got an appointment the same day as passing the tissue and heavy bleeding to have a scan and everything was already gone :( x
  • I got an appointment the same day as passing the tissue and heavy bleeding to have a scan and everything was already gone :( x
    I am so so sorry Katie! 😔 you must have gone through the most awful emotions! I can’t even begin to imagine! I’m struggling enough with this! We had made love the evening before I started spotting and I thought the internal scan may have caused the spotting and small clot from cervical irritation as I was completely fine with ‘normal’ discharge the morning I went for it! I really haven’t bled where I’ve needed to change my towel, I had about 1cm stain but it was mostly when I wiped that I noticed it. I just really want to know either way so I can deal with it if I have miscarried or be excited if I haven’t! The limbo is the difficulty. I REALLY hope and pray that you have a successful pregnancy hun, I’ve got everything crossed for you xx
  • @Keilis it was really hard yes but I just tell myself our bodies are amazing and there must of been something not right with the baby! I'm taking everyday as it comes with this one I daren't even have sex my partner isn't happy but I just don't want to see blood I'll be okay after my 12 week scan it's just so far away and don't even have a date yet!! and yes they spotting must of been from making love then I would say! 8 days will go very slowly 😭 but at least it's not long untill you can get reassurance! hold in there mama! 😊🤞 x
  • Katie, your kind words are so comforting! Thank you so much ☺️ I think had I not lost the small blood clot, I wouldn’t have been so worried, that’s been the only thing to make me fear the worst! Although in comparison to what you endured I feel very humbled! You are so right, our bodies are incredible things and I know I will be ok no matter what. I will keep you informed and continue to pray for your pregnancy 🙏🏻☺️ Xx
  • @Keilis I would show you what mine looked like but it's gross 😂😂 I think you can still have clots and it be absolutely fine aslong as there isn't loads and they aren't big! I just knew it deep down I already had a sibling feeling too! Take it easy and good luck for your scan 😁🤞 x
  • Neil is, how are you feeling about the age gap? My little boy will be 5 by my due date and I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed! Really happy and excited but apprehensive as everything will be new! 
    Xx 
  • Sorry, that was meant to say Keilis not Neil is 🙈