Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Possible miscarriage 5 weeks *graphic image*

Hello. I currently found out I was pregnant 5/10 4 positive pregnancy test. I was 4 weeks pregnant according to the calculator based on conception date. I had cramps chills and lower back pain . My bleeding started as pink spotting then to bright red and I had this come out? I believe I miscarried or is it a blood clot. I took a pregnancy test today as my bleeding has significantly stopped my test read negative. A part of me is still in denial. I have read it takes weeks for the levels to drop. Any feedback is appreciated 

Replies

• I’m sorry Hun, what you’ve passed and the negative test does point to an early miscarriage. As you weren’t that far levels drop quickly. Wishing you every success for next time, look after yourself x 
  • I'm sorry to say that I believe you are correct and you have suffered an early miscarriage. The picture and your symptoms would have been enough to convince me but the test you've taken has confirmed it. The speed that your HCG drops will be relative to how high it climbed initially and also on an individual basis. I'm sorry for your loss. 
  • Thank you ladies. I believe I'm still in shock trying to sort thru my feelings as everything happened so fast. One week I find out I'm pregnant the next I'm not. I appreciate your answers. 
  • 5/6 I had a very slight positive 5/09 darker and digital read pregnant. 5/16 miscarriage. In a course of 10 days my mind emotional and hormones have been crazy. Once again thank you ladies
  • Veevee300 said:
    5/6 I had a very slight positive 5/09 darker and digital read pregnant. 5/16 miscarriage. In a course of 10 days my mind emotional and hormones have been crazy. Once again thank you ladies
    I have just experienced the exact same thing Veevee300 😢 I was still getting strong positive lines on HPT’s 2 weeks after. A scan yesterday confirmed that I have miscarried, I had a scan at 5 weeks for spotting and a small gestational sac was present and in the correct place but yesterday.. empty! Going from one extreme emotion to another in such a short space of time is awful, I truly feel your pain 😔 can I just ask, do you plan to keep trying? I’m 36 (so getting on a bit now - fertility wise!) so I really want to keep going but equally feel so nervous!
  • I'm very sorry for your loss. I just found out over dinner this past sunday that a friend is expecting. We would've been only a few weeks apart. I couldn't help but feel sad. In excited for her but it also is very hard to be around. Me and my partner have talked about trying in the course of the next 6 months. I do know if I was pregnant I would be very scared and anxious at the thought of another miscarriage. I currently am looking into taking supplements to prepare my body. I dont think I will ever be the same. I know I was only a few weeks and my baby hadn't developed a heartbeat yet. However, I do grief and will always remember and wonder what could've been if my baby. What initiate me to take a test was my sudden craving for pickles by themselves. I'm glad I didnt tell my daughter she would be a big sister bc she would be destroyed. It is very hard to deal with so many emotions as my daughter is constantly saying she would like a sibling and my parents also saying they want more grandkids.