Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2021

Due in January 2021

Replies

•  Hi everyone! So I’ve just got this! I can’t believe it, I’ve only been off the pill for 3 weeks! So happy and excited! Congrats to you all xx
  • Welcome to our new members and huge congratulations! 
    @Bingy91 you must be super fertile, that is amazing! 
    @Andy777 every time i have been pregnant, my biggest symptoms were the painful boobs (agony!) and the bloating - I looked 6months pregnant at not even 8 weeks! The bloat is real! 
  • Thank you for the support @DanielleMFM ! I thought the bloating was my imagination. Can you tell me what your experience was with food? I have been like NOT hungry at all, I have to basically force myself to eat. I realized this morning why. I think my sense of taste has changed. I just made myself my usual post-biking morning smoothie and I swear it tastes to me like the fruit is rotten, but I know it is impossible because the orange juice was just bought and the berries are frozen! How can the fruit be spoiled if it is frozen?!?  Something changed with my sense of taste.  What do you do in this case? Should I just drink and eat and pretend the food doesn't taste funny or not do it because my sense of taste doesn't like it? Thanks! 
  • I can’t help with the food situation, I just want to eat everything in sight!
    weve had an eventful 2 days! I went for a hcg test yesterday and they rang me first thing to go in for a scan this morning. Panicked me a bit if I’m honest! Went in and everything is as it should be! Couldn’t see much, just the sac and the yolk but still, nice and reassuring!
    I hope everyone is having a lovely day in the sunshine! Xx
  • Hi ladies! Just got my BFP, very nervous after three prev miscarriages and then I had my daughter who is nearly two; this is first pregnancy since, fingers tightly crossed everything goes smoothly! Planning on getting a private scan around 7-8 weeks xxx

photos are 24 dpo and 26dpo

xx

• Hi there, new to this chat. So I’m currently 7 weeks +3 I think lol. My dating appointment is booked for 17th June. I’ll be 11 weeks. Just wondering anyone know what happens at this
    appointment? First time mum. Also will I get a scan at it or have to wait again. As I’ll be due a scan won’t I at 12 weeks? due the 4th jan I think. Last period started 24th March and I’ve a 34 day cycle.

Thank you. 
  • Congratulations to you all! 
    I’ve just found out I’m pregnant also after 3 years of trying what a miracle we are so excited ❤️
  • @Crankin823 if it’s booked at the hospital then you’ll normally have your scan although if you are a week early though they might make you come back, have you seen your midwife already? Or will you of seen her before this appointment? Xx
  • @GEllen23HR I feel exactly the same! So bloated, and my clothes are a little tighter. The scales show the same weight though (they weighed me at my booking appointment yesterday) 

I'm trying to eat little and often as I feel so sick all the time. It’s tricky trying to look after a 4 year old and working from home whilst feeling constantly sick 🤢 

I have my first scan booked for 19th June. I can’t wait! I just hope everything’s ok so I can tell my daughter ❤️
  • @MrsB4812 I’m sick of feeling sick 😂 
    had it with both my boys up till 12 weeks 😩 hoping it eases up earlier though. 

Oh god yeh I’d struggle if I was working as well. I just have to keep my 2 away from my husband wfh and stop them fighting each other 🙈 

I need to get booked in for my scan. I’m waiting on a call back from my midwife and then hopefully she’ll get me in. 

I wonder how different it will all be this time round. I’m lucky in a way that it’s our 3rd as they’re not allowing partners are they for scans? Be a lot harder if it was the 1st I think. 

Xx
  • @Crankin823 if it’s booked at the hospital then you’ll normally have your scan although if you are a week early though they might make you come back, have you seen your midwife already? Or will you of seen her before this appointment? Xx
    No this is my first appointment. Like I’ve not seen a midwife yet. And as far as I’m aware it’s at a health centre. My dr referred me as I told them first. 

So confused by it all lol. 
  • Hi! Been silently creeping on this post for about a week now :D so hope its OK for me to join in. I'm roughly 6w1d and predicted due date 14th-16th January. I've booked myself a private 8 week scan just for reassurance as I'm panicky like that lol. Its booked in for 4th June. This will be my 3rd baby! I have a girl and a boy, 7 and 2 respectively. Was nervous to post as I was worried I was some how jinxing myself telling others except my husband that I was pregnant 🤣
    I mustve done about 20 pregnancy tests and even go so far as to buy the clear blue how many weeks just to see the progression between 1-2, 2-3 and 3+ im not the only one this paranoid right?! Congratulations everyone :) 
  • @Crankin823 oh then she will ask you questions about your health etc check your dates, urine sample, blood pressure, weight. Just a general background on you smoke drink that kinda stuff. Then normally they ask what hospital you want to go to and you’ll get a letter through the post for your 12 week appointment (dating scan) at said hospital. But I’m not sure if all hospitals are running the same.

all scans are done at the hospital normally. Midwife appointments are slightly less exciting urine samples general checking and then further along they’ll measure bump and listen for heartbeat. 

You might get lucky and get your hospital appointment a week later or it might be closer to 13/14 weeks depends on how busy they are xx
  • @SharaWx congratulations! Your due around same time as me 3rd baby for us as well. I had my private scan Monday at 6 weeks. Wish I’d waited till 8 weeks or May just book in again 😂 
    the paranoia is real isn’t it, I came on here to talk Bcuz I didn’t want to tell anyone else but with everything going on needed some reassurance I wasn’t the only one having a baby during a pandemic!! 
    Xx
  • Hi ladies! hope youre all well has anyone else experienced cramping and sharp twinges early on just worrying its our first time x 
  • @Bethany12 I’ve lit just had an hour of sharp twinge/stabbing on left side of pelvis, it’s gone now, I remember this pain distinctively from previous pregnancy!

had 3mcs and didn’t have this pain and one pregnancy that was all okay and had that pain, so taking it as a good sign! How far along are you again? Xxx
  • Bethany12 said:
    Hi ladies! hope youre all well has anyone else experienced cramping and sharp twinges early on just worrying its our first time x 
    How early are you? That was the first sign I was pregnant with my son and with this one. With my first I dont remember as she was a surprise so if it happened I didnt notice! Lol. I think its implantation for me so could be what you're experiencing. I get it more to one side and mild almost period like cramps. Theyve eased off now x
  • Thank you for your reply @SharaWx am about 3 weeks going of my last period so very early on yes it’s like mild af cramps lower down x
  • Bobble321 said:
    @Bethany12 I’ve lit just had an hour of sharp twinge/stabbing on left side of pelvis, it’s gone now, I remember this pain distinctively from previous pregnancy!

had 3mcs and didn’t have this pain and one pregnancy that was all okay and had that pain, so taking it as a good sign! How far along are you again? Xxx
    Very early on about 3 weeks found out so early haha! yes I’m having the same type of pain fingers crossed it’s all good x
  • @Bethany12 Well I’m 4 weeks so sounds very similar! Try not to worry

are you doing tests to see if like getting darker? Xx