Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2021

Due in January 2021

Replies

• Emma63 said:
    Bethany12 said:
    Ahh yes could be sounds like it to me as my friend is pregnant at the moment and they have said the same to ring the maternity and wait for a scan so I guess that’s the reason, I understand what you mean though haha at least you will be able to see a doctor hope all goes well for you xx
    that's annoying, wish I could just do the same. I didnt realise first scan was around 10 weeks I thought it was at 12 lol x
    I think it is 12 weeks so I’m thinking my first scan would be around 10 weeks time how you feeling my cramps have stopped now finally X
  • oh right I see x
  • Hi everyone, how you all feeling today? 
    For @Bobble321 and anyone else who may be Due in Feb 2021, we have just kicked off that birth club if you wanted to check it out. 
    Don't forget to check Latest Discussions too, we have a lovely comp for dog owners to win a £200 Amazon voucher. 
  • Hi Everyone,
    Is anyone else having twinges in the womb area when they stand up or move quickly? Feels like a strong stitch but lasts a few seconds. I remember having these with my first but much later on...not sure if it’s something I should get checked out? I’m 5+4 today Xx 
  • Yes! I get it when I cough and sneeze too lol. I've read its the uterus and muscles stretching xx
  • Oh, that makes me feel so much better! I was worrying because I thought it was much further along that it was like this last time! 
    I feel really queasy until about lunch time 🙄! 
    How’re your symptoms? Xx 
  • Emma63 said:
    Congratulations @SharaWx, @Bethany12, @Crankin823, @Bobble2, @Bingy91, @MrsB4812

how far are you all? Have you had any symptoms? xx
    Sorry only seeing this. I’ll be 9 weeks on Monday if I’m correct. Haven’t got an appointment with a midwife until 17th June and not sure what is it yet. As haven't had scans or an appointment with anyone. I am really really nauseous at the moment. Can barely eat dinner and can’t eat frozen chips 😂😂

How are you? What’s your symptoms? 
  • Emma63 said:
    Congratulations @SharaWx, @Bethany12, @Crankin823, @Bobble2, @Bingy91, @MrsB4812

Sorry only seeing this. I’ll be 9 weeks on Monday if I’m correct. Haven’t got an appointment with a midwife until 17th June and not sure what is it yet. As haven't had scans or an appointment with anyone. I am really really nauseous at the moment. Can barely eat dinner and can’t eat frozen chips 😂😂

I'm good just sore nipples and not longer feeling sick. had blood tests today just waiting for them to come back now 
  • Emma63 said:

Hi!

I'm 9 weeks tomorrow :) I’ve had my booking in appointment and a phone consultation. I have my scan on 19th June. Could your appointment be your scan? As you’ll be nearly 12 weeks. 

I’m feeling nauseous every day too. :( it’s really tiring isn’t it! 
  • Emma63 said:
    Emma63 said:

I'm good just sore nipples and not longer feeling sick. had blood tests today just waiting for them to come back now 
    Oh yeah I’ve sore nipples too. Gosh I wish I wasn’t feeling sick. It went away there for about 2 weeks and it’s back with double the force 🙈🙈
  • MrsB4812 said:
    Emma63 said:

Hi!

I'm 9 weeks tomorrow :) I’ve had my booking in appointment and a phone consultation. I have my scan on 19th June. Could your appointment be your scan? As you’ll be nearly 12 weeks. 

I’m not sure still need to receive my letter to see if it tells me. Yeah I’ll be 11weeks on the 17th June so it’s very confusing. What happens at the booking appointment? My sickness is horrible. Like I’m basically feeling sick all day long and sometimes will have to throw up to get the feeling away for 10minutes 🙈 
  • MrsB4812 said:
    Emma63 said:

Hi!

I’m not sure still need to receive my letter to see if it tells me. Yeah I’ll be 11weeks on the 17th June so it’s very confusing. What happens at the booking appointment? My sickness is horrible. Like I’m basically feeling sick all day long and sometimes will have to throw up to get the feeling away for 10minutes 🙈 
  • MrsB4812 said:
    Emma63 said:

Hi!

What date you think you are due? 
    Yeah I haven’t had anything apart from telling my dr and she transferred it to the hospital. However as far a si know this appointment on the 17th is in a health centre which makes me think it’s not a scam 😭😭 I just want to know they are ok. 

My sickness is horrendous at the moment. All day long I feel sick and sometimes I just need to be sick to get the feeling away for 10mins. 

What happens at the booking appointment? 
  • MrsB4812 said:
    Emma63 said:

Hi!

Yeah I haven’t had anything apart from telling my dr and she transferred it to the hospital. However as far a si know this appointment on the 17th is in a health centre which makes me think it’s not a scam 😭😭 I just want to know they are ok. 

My sickness is horrendous at the moment. All day long I feel sick and sometimes I just need to be sick to get the feeling away for 10mins. 

MrsB4812 said:
    Emma63 said:

Hi!

At the booking appointment they took blood and urine samples to test for iron levels and hepatitis etc. They asked me questions about where I’m planning to give birth, took all of mine and hubby’s details. They worked out due date as 2nd Jan for now. They gave me a pregnancy pack, which had my appointments in and info leaflets such as the different screening options and scan info etc. It’s basically to get you in the system, so that they can start to monitor the pregnancy. I then had a follow up telephone consultation with a midwife to discuss the blood/ urine results and answer questions about my medical history and mental health etc. 

I had my booking appointment at a health centre, but that’s also where I will have my scan.

I feel exactly the same with the sickness. It’s getting me down if I’m honest. I feel exhausted and sick all day :( I’m trying to work from home and entertain my 4 year old daughter. It’s all too much. I feel really miserable (and guilty for feeling miserable!) 

Is anyone else struggling mentally? I don’t have a history of mental illness but I’m an outgoing social person and I love my job. I just feel so fed up every day and keep randomly bursting into tears. 

Xx
  • Missed all my notifications as they were going into spam for some reason 🙈
    I had some spotting on Thursday evening after going to the toilet and wiping. Obviously frightened the life out of me 😢 i rang the Drs first thing Friday morning and got a phone consultation with a GP within 45 minutes. She managed to get me an appt at the EPU 8.30am Saturday morning. I had some more spotting friday evening same as the previous evening. Pinky red in colour. I convinced myself it was bad news. I got seen at the EPU and had an ultrasound and little baby bean was there, in the right place with his/her little heartbeat flickering on the screen. I can tell you the relief was absolutely incredible. I cried! Unfortunately due to covid19 my husband couldn't attend with me but he was just as relieved when I told him. 
    I was told however that I have a corpus luteum cyst on my right ovary which is where the egg wouldve been released from. The Dr said it was very common and normal and helps support the pregnancy and should drain itself by my 12 week scan. But said this was likely the cause of the pain I get in my right pelvic area (I think I previously said I got pain on my left side. I'm useless with L and R 😂) but unlikely to be causing the spotting. They cant be sure what was causing the spotting but think its coming from my cervix rather than my womb as my cervix was closed and very high. The Dr has just chalked it as "one of them things" and said some women do bleed a little and they never actually know why. But to come back if it got heavier or I began to pass and clots. Luckily I've been clear since Friday evening.
    My dates were slightly off though as baby is showing as being 6 and a half weeks and my LMP wouldve put me at 7 weeks, however when my app i track my period on said I was ovulating (mid cycle) i didnt think I was. And my body showed signs of ovulating about 3 days later. So that totally makes sense! 

Anyway sorry to chew everyone's ear off I just though I'd share my experience over the weekend x
  • Hello everyone. I found out last week I'm pregnant due the 28th of Jan with my 3rd baby. My other 2 are 14 and 9. Even though it's my third it has been so long since I was last pregnant I feel like it's my 1st. I'm worried at every little twinge and constantly checking if I've come on my period. I'm not sure what I have to do about booking in with the midwife with this covid 19 my gp surgery are only doing telephone appointments at the moment. I thought with my 3rd I'd be a pro but it feels all new to me again xx
  • I'm pregnant with my 1st and I'm 5 weeks + 2 days and I worry about every twinge etc to the point that I am still taking tests. 

i phoned my gp and then they will tell you weather to call the midwife unit or not

I had to call the gp as I am on meds and that needs reviewing before I see my midwife. I hope this helps x
  • Welcome @Emm0588 and congratulations! We've dropped you a handy forum tips PM which we hope you'll find useful. 
    @SharaWx so sorry the notifications are going to spam - would you mind adding notifications@madeformums.com to your address book for us? Hopefully that will help. 
  • Hello everyone! I‘m due January 26th! I’m currently pregnant with my rainbow baby, I was originally due in October 2020. I’m so nervous this time. I’m honestly worried I’m going to have another blighted ovum my symptoms are so mild. I haven’t even been able to enjoy being pregnant. Anyone else feeling this? Or have super mild symptoms and you and baby are doing great?
  • Hello everyone! I‘m due January 26th! I’m currently pregnant with my rainbow baby, I was originally due in October 2020. I’m so nervous this time. I’m honestly worried I’m going to have another blighted ovum my symptoms are so mild. I haven’t even been able to enjoy being pregnant. Anyone else feeling this? Or have super mild symptoms and you and baby are doing great?
    hey I'm due 30th January. so sorry to hear about your loss but congratulations on your new pregnancy. 

I am always worried an anxious about my pregnancy. I'm 5 weeks and 2 days and the only symptom I have is sore nipples. I've not had any checks on baby yet and worried. waiting for midwife to call me in 10 days time xx