Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2021

Due in January 2021

Replies

• @Andy777 all sounds a bit stressful but you sound like your taking it in your stride very well!

its awful waiting but I’m sure you’re bloods will show a good increase in HCG then you’ll be able to feel a bit better! 

Xx
  • Andy777 said:
    Hey girls, First scan, diagnosis is reserved, the doctor wants to do more tests because of my age (41) there are some concerns. 

I thought I was 7 weeks pregnant but the doctor puts me at around 5 weeks 6 days and she could see a faint heartbeat. She mentioned a couple of things: High risk of miscarriage , she puts me at 50% because of my age, but also the size is smaller than expected.

She mentioned we might have gotten the dates wrong, which is not impossible, I don't actually remember when I got my period but I am positive it was between the 18th and the 21st of April. It wasn't after that. Also, we didn't really have that much sex  due to being married 16 freaking years, but also, we both had been busy. So, we are both positive we had sex sometime between the 28th-30th of April  and then not again until May 8th and that's because we got so drunk  (we were celebrating his new job)  And those are the only two possibilities, because we didn't have sex again until after we found out I was pregnant. 

I have tested for ovulation before,  the tests have turned positive between days 13 and 15. The ovulation test never became even faintly positive before day 13. Not once in the many months I tested.  

I commented that to the doctor and she said it is likely then I conceived on May 8th but she is concerned about why I would have had a positive pregnancy test on May 18th. 

In any case, I am very concerned of course but I knew it was a long shot, so I am just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. I had a blood test done today and they want me to go back on Monday to have another one to compare them and then another appointment on Friday

I'll keep you guys posted but ....any thoughts?  
    I'm 5 weeks and 6 days I ovulated on the 8th and seems I must of conceived on 10th roughly. 

hope everything stays well for you I got my first scan on 21st July when I'll be 12 weeks 
  • I've just had my Dating scan date through, I didnt get a choice about the nuchal scan, it doesn't bother me as I was going to choose it anyways but just wondering why they didnt ask me anyone else have this 
  • Had a very stressful weekend. So on Friday about 8pm I sneezed and I bleed a hell of a lot. Like onto my pants and trousers. So after getting an appointment for the next day. We didn’t sleep much all night from panicking and the unknown. 

But glad to say after the appointment our little bean is absolutely fine. 
    She just said I could have had a clot in my womb or cause my cervix is changing why it happened. Here’s a little pic. 

• glad everything is ok :) 
  • has anyone had a private scan at 6weeks + 5days and was it internal or abdominal and was you able to see anything??
  • I'm also looking into booking a private early scan but wondering when the best time to book that we will see something I'm 6 weeks at the moment x
  • From what I’m guessing it will probs be internal. I’m about 9 weeks and I had an internal one. Just to see if more clearer and to see the heartbeat. 

Honestly the internal was fine for me personally. Like wasn’t so or anything. 
  • @Emm0588 I am 6 weeks + 1 and the place I'm going to said 6 weeks is the earliest you can have but it will be internally as they have more chance of seeing something, they can also check ovaries and pelvic area too. 

@Crankin823 I've got mine booked for Sunday by then I'll be 7 weeks + 1 day.. They have said they will need to do it internally. I'm nervous, its called a viability scan. What did they use? 
  • @Emma63 my friend just had a scan at exactly 6 weeks and 5 days. Hers had to be done vaginally, and her ultrasound photo is of a cute little blob. You can’t really see much other than that. But she did get to hear the heartbeat and see the little flicker.  But if you’re worried about an internal ultrasound, they don’t hurt at all! The wand is really thin and there’s so much lubricant it just slides right in! 
  • @Emma63 my friend just had a scan at exactly 6 weeks and 5 days. Hers had to be done vaginally, and her ultrasound photo is of a cute little blob. You can’t really see much other than that. But she did get to hear the heartbeat and see the little flicker.  But if you’re worried about an internal ultrasound, they don’t hurt at all! The wand is really thin and there’s so much lubricant it just slides right in! 
    thank you so much for the reassurance I tbink I'm more nervous about the scan then the probe Haha 
  • I have a private scan booked for 27th, seems so long away though! Will be nine weeks cxx
  • I feel like I'm going for one well early 
  • When’s yours Emma? I had one at 6 weeks with my first daughter xx
  • Bobble321 said:
    When’s yours Emma? I had one at 6 weeks with my first daughter xx
    mine is on sunday I'll be 7+1 I was going to do it tomorrow but thought I'll still be too early. did you have to have it internally x
  • Yeah it was internal, she lit looked like a diamond ring lol was odd! Like the other girls said it wasn’t uncomfortable or anything! You’re pretty much due the same time as me by the sounds of it xxx
  • aparsntly I'm due 30th Jan 2021, when are your due? xx
  • So it’s either 29th or 31st, I’m pretty certain it’s 29th as my cycles were a bit shorter recently ranging from 24-26 days so on that basis I will be due 29th, I’m sure I had ovulated a lot early than day 14 more like Day 10/11 xxx
  • yeah I aparsntly ov 8th but again it's not certain as its 24 to 72 hours lol. 

see I based my cycles on 28 days but my cycles varies and werent 100% regular lol 

my app said my average was 32 but I dont think they were if that makes sense x
  • Yeah I get you, I just went off the last three cycles I’d logged on my phone, god knows, I know I’m around 6 weeks now! Xx