Forum home Product Tests Product tests

Joie i-Spin Safe car seat: the feedback review thread

Hello. 

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

Please give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 5 questions and providing your pictures.

Everyone who leaves quality feedback by answering all 5 questions and providing pictures (and is part of our product test) will be entered into a draw to win the £200 Amazon voucher.

Feedback Questions

1. What did you think of the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat when it arrived?
2. How did you find installing and using the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat into your car?
3. How did you find the 90° rotation function of the seat?
4. How comfortable do you think your baby/child found the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat?
5. Would you recommend the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat to other parents and carers? 

Thank you for providing your feedback and good luck.

Note: Any comments and pictures you post on our Feedback thread may be used Joie in future advertising and marketing material. See full Ts&Cs here.

Replies

• 1. What did you think of the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat when it arrived?

On receiving the Joie i-spin safe car seat, reading through the manual and going by first impressions on the appearance of the seat, I was very impressed. The box was very heavy so I was grateful it had been delivered to my door, it was well packaged, but not the easiest to get out of the box due to how heavy and bulky the seat is. It looked very sturdy and secure. As my son is now over 18 months it’s harder to find a rear facing seat suitable for him, so I was really pleased this one can be used rear facing right up to the age of 4 or 18.5kg. I love that it can used right from birth too, making it a worthwhile purchase that will last. It states it’s plus test proven which gave me a real sense of security and trust in the safety of the seat, which is a real winner for me!
    The seat comes with the small baby insert in place, which looks really comfy and supportive for a young baby too. If I had another baby I’d definitely be happy to use it from a young age too. The only initial downside I could see, was that a baby can not be carried in the car seat - which with a young baby can make life easier but with my son at 20 months, the seat will be left in the car anyway so this isn’t a problem for us or others with older babies. 

2. How did you find installing and using the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat into your car?

Installing the car seat into the car took a little while on first attempt. I looked at the instruction manual but found some of the directions a bit vague. It look me the longest to work out how to slide the isofix connectors out, the instructions told me to press the release button but I couldn’t work out where this was! - it id looked at the diagram instructions on the actual car seat id have realised a lot quicker that it was at the back of the seat! 
    I have since removed the carseat and refitted it in the car with ease now I know how to do it! 
    The car seat is very bulky and heavy as the seat and base are combined and do not separate, but once in the car it can be left there so doesn’t cause a problem, it would be a slight disadvantage if it regularly needed to be moved from one car to another. 
    The fact that it is such a solid unit gives me an extra sense of security though. 
    I love the fact that it has an anchor that sits on the car floor for extra support. This can easily be height adjusted to get the perfect fit in each car. It is fitted with an indicator which shows its in place correctly, with a simple and easy to understand red and green display, which is great as I’m always worrying I’ll do it incorrectly, but with this you can’t go wrong!

The isofix is also a plus for me, I find being anchored in place by the isofix more secure and reassuring than using a seatbelt. The isofix guides are really useful too, there’s no fiddling about and struggling to find the cars isofix, having the guides clipped in place makes it much easier to slide the isofix connectors into place. Like the anchor there is also a red and green indicator to show correct installation.

I also found it really easy to adjust the straps to make them loose enough to put them on my son without a struggle and then tighten quickly and simply to keep him secure. The button the adjust the straps is under the fabric here, meaning there’s no risk to the child getting to it while in the seat.

3. How did you find the 90° rotation function of the seat?

The rotation function is really practical. My son never wants to go in his car seat and having to lean into the car and twist to try and strap him in can be really struggle, but not with the Joie  ispin safe! It’s so easy to spin the seat round to face the opening of the door making it quick and easy to put the child in the seat without a battle! So much easier to take them out of the car too without straining your back or bumping the child’s head! 
    The spin button it big and easy to access at both sides of the seat meaning it can turn towards either side depending on which side of the car the seat is fitted.

4. How comfortable do you think your baby/child found the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat?

My son seemed really happy in the seat so I am confident he was nice and comfy. The seat is nicely padded with supportive headrest, which is height adjustable. The strap covers are also padded to stop the straps rubbing. The seat was spacious too and my son didn’t seem squashed in. The material hasn’t made him too hot and sweaty either which sometimes happens with other seats. 

The seat can also be adjusted to recline in 6 different sleep positions which is an added bonus for comfort especially on longer journeys. 

5. Would you recommend the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat to other parents and carers? 

I would definitely recommend the Joie I-spin safe car seat, it’s well worth the money. Since testing the seat this will be replacing our old car seat and used on a permanent basis. I have had many different car seats across the years as I have 5 children, and this is by far my favourite and feels the most reliable and safe. It has added features that other car seats don’t have - like the side impact protection! 

The box was very large and heavy, so I imagine it would be difficult to get home from a shop so definitely get it delivered! It had lots of great info on the box about the safety tests and weight limits that was reassuring before even opening it. The instruction manual was clear and there were additional safety notices attached to the seat itself to make sure you don’t miss them! It was quite tricky to get out the box with one person as it is a large, heavy seat. But, because of its size and the amount of padding on the seat it looked like it would be comfortable and safe for my baby.

2. How did you find installing and using the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat into your car?
    I installed the seat in 2 different cars to see how much space it took up and how easy it would be with a 5 door and 3 door. As the seat and base are non-separable it made it quite difficult to get it to and into either car, but the 3 door (Fiat 500) especially. Once in though, the instructions were clear on how to install and the additional isofix guides that come with the seat were very useful. The only thing that was confusing the first time installing was the way the seat pulls back from the isofix anchors before attaching. Once I’d figured this out, it was much easier the 2nd time. The green and red indicators on the isofix points and leg were also reassuring that it was installed correctly. 
    The seat just about fit in the fiat 500 with the passenger seat forward, although the website does say the seat it compatible with the car. 

There was much more space in the front passenger seat with the seat behind in the Ford Focus. I would advise leaving the seat in one car though as it is too bulky to move between cars frequently.

The rotation function was very useful for getting Imogen (6 months) in and out of the seat, especially in the 3-door (where I put her in from the drivers side, across the back seat) as she can now remain rear facing. It was also useful in the 5-door as the padding would make it difficult to lift her in and out if it didn’t turn. It also gives you better access to the buckles and headrest to adjust them.

How comfortable do you think your baby/child found the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat?
    I think she was very comfortable in the seat, as the insert for younger babies cushioned her back and legs well. The 6 reclining positions made it easy to find the right position for her when she was awake and asleep and it was easy to change these. There is also a head insert for newborns as well which I would have been confident to put her in if she was younger. The only concern I had, was that her head lolled forward when she fell asleep in the upright position and I had to get out of the car to change her seat position as the lever is on the front of the seat.

Yes, I would recommend the i-spin safe because it has lots of great safety features like the red/green installation indicators, side impact flaps and 5 point harness. As well as safe, it also looks like she will be very comfortable in it for a long time with the built in padding and removable inserts. The cover is also removable to wash!
  • 1. What did you think of the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat when it arrived?

We were excited to receive the seat although the box was heavy so very glad it was delivered. It was well packaged although a little tricky to get out of the box alone, particularly with a toddler on the loose. I was pleased that the box was not full of polystyrene like my infant seat had been as its a nightmare to dispose of compared to the cardboard. 

First impressions of the seat were good, it was sturdy looking and safe. We compared it to my daughters Joie360 spin and it was very similar in shape and weight, which bodes well for how it's going to last. 

2. How did you find installing and using the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat into your car?

Installation in the Sandero was fairly straightforward even without the video/instruction booklet although we did refer to it after to make sure all was done right. Having 2 little ones we opted to put the isafe behind the drivers seat since Jamie isn't walking yet which means his sisters seat will be on the pavement side. We didn't need to use the adaptors (although did in some of the photos attached) and it sat nice and flush against the back seat. The red green indicators give great peace of mind that the seat is in right before you put your little one inside. If I can do it, anyone can. 

The 90 degree rotation is ideal for getting a wriggly baby in and out of the seat especially in a busy car park setting. You can easily check the harness without having to climb into the back seat. If I have any concerns about this carseat it would be that I have tall babies and I don't think it will last us right up until age 4, unlike the 360 which I know can eventually forward face. However we did try my daughter in it and she had plenty room as a tall almost 2 year old rear facing, so we will still get a good amount of use before that becomes an issue. A welcome update for this seat is the placement of the spin handle on the side of the seat making it easier to access than our other seat and the side impact protectors that flip out giving an extra sense of security. 

4. How comfortable do you think your baby/child found the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat?

Both kids looked very comfortable in the seat. Initially we removed all the padding for Jamie and he seemed OK but opted to put part of it back in as he looked a wee bit lost in the seat. With Evie we had to fold her legs up a little into the seat before spinning her rear facing so she didn't get them caught but she also seemed perfectly happy once in position. Jamie falls asleep any time he's in it for longer than 5 minutes so must be comfortable 23rd(see unflattering photo below) 

On a side note, I'm 5ft11 and was a little worried about space with having 2 large seats in the back, one behind the driver but I can fit comfortably into both the driver and passenger seat although the isafe is snug against the seat in front

5. Would you recommend the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat to other parents and carers?

Yes, I would definitely recommend the seat. It's sturdy and safe feeling and will last a substantial amount of time even for taller children. They both looked very comfortable and well protected should the worst happen. Although being able to swing the seat to the front would be useful, I do think being rearward only will encourage parents to keep their little ones rear facing which ultimately is safer. I would 100% recommend (and already have) Joie seats like this one to friends. 
  • Feedback Questions

1. What did you think of the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat when it arrived?

When it first arrived the box seemed huge, however once opening it, it was nice to see that the box was big to secure the car seat properly on delivery. 

The pictures looked great and professional and was very clear on the priorities of the car seat straight away - which mainly was safety, as a mother that is obviously nice to see in a make of car seat. And a plus that the car seat can be used from newborn to 4 years old! My little boy is 28 months can be rare to find a rear facing car seat which support his age and height. 

The installation was really easy although I’d quite heavy, it comes with a very clear instruction booklet. Has a system which clicks green when the isofix base is fitted properly and directions on the back on where to fit it. 

I like the fact that there was no faffing with a seat belt and yet once fitted the seat stayed in place well, even when I tried to shake it to test it. Plus there’s an anchor which goes to the floor which adds to the level of security.

My little boy is quite tall so it was nice to use a car seat where the head rest adjusts easily without having to sit the chair up more. The whole fitting process took about 10-15 minutes, and that was mainly adjusting the seat to make it most comfortable for my 28 month old. 

This I found the most useful function of the seat, easy to rotate even when juggling a toddler, bags and currently being pregnant! I found the spin function amazing when dealing with a wriggling toddler and a tantrum, still was able to get him in the chair safely and easily! 

When getting my toddler out of the car seat was able to rotate it so easily that he stayed asleep throughout the rotation and un clipping the seat belt, then could just transfer him to bed! 

It would be nice if it could rotate all the way round just so that there was an option to have the child forward facing, but then aware that it would compromise the safety of the chair. 

4. How comfortable do you think your baby/child found the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat?

I think my toddler found the car seat very comfortable as he often fell asleep in it. Plus he is very verbal and had no complaints about wanting to get out. 

Being able to adjust the headrest for each individual child’s height and the reclining settings made it easy to adapt to different ages. There is a extra insert if the baby is little or a newborn which would make them comfy. 

I really like the car seat and as far as rear facing car seats go I think it is great would definitely recommend! The main downside is that you can’t remove the chair which I know was a very helpful function when looking after a newborn. The only other thing I would recommend to other parents is to make sure to buy a mirror as when child is in the car seat when they are reclined you can’t see them atall from the front. 

But if looking for a rear facing car seat it is easy to install, feels safe and secure (plus had lots of safety checks). Child appears comfy when in it and is so easy to get the child in and out of the car seat. 

Initially I was surprised with the weight of the box. It was really heavy to lift alone. But once I'd opened the box and placed it on its side, it was really easy to slide the seat out of the box & unwrap.

I was super impressed from reading the box that the seat was rear facing only & suitable up to 18.5kg. (105cm).

I also was really pleased to read that seat came with side impact protectors and had also been tested twice.

The instructions were easily found attached to the seat itself. 

Initially I thought installing the seat may be quite difficult, due to its weight and all the bits I could see.

However the instructions were super eay to follow and I also viewed the instruction tutorial, which can be found on the Joie YouTube page. These together, made installation into our Ford Kuga really quick and simple to do alone.

The red & green click system is fantastic and really helped to reassure me that i had installed it correctly.

Once clipped into place I gave the seat a little wobble and found it stayed firmly in place. 

The 90° rotation is wonderful. My son is now 30 months and we found getting him into his previous rear facing car seat rather difficult, especially if he was resisting.

The 90° rotation makes it so much easier, it also glides round really easily & smoothly meaning even when he was still sleeping i could turn him around & remove him without disturbing him too much into a state of totally awake. 

My son seems very happy in his new carseat. The seat itself appears deeper to his old one, meaning he has alot more legroom. I also like that his head is very well supported by the curved head support, that can also be adjusted to his head height as he grows. The padding on the straps is longer then normal, meaning he has cushioning from his neck down to his waist.

We had installed a mirror so that we can see him and he can see us. He loves this and also has a much better view out of the window too, as he sits much higher up, due to the various seat sitting options. 

The safety features, overall comfort, easy installation & 90° rotation are all big selling points for me. I would most definitely recommend this carseat to friends & family, particularly those looking at keeping their little ones rear facing for a longer period of time.

I think its a great carseat to purchase once you're ready to move your little out of their initial newborn carseat. 

The box turned up, well packaged & brightly labelled. The box was heavy, which initially gives the idea that its a well built product. The wrapping inside the box was done well and kept the car seat compact and safe. 
    Getting the car seat out was really easy, even considering I did it on my own. 
    The box itself had some clear selling points that I was very impressed to read along with info about safety testing and limits - that it was rear facing only and suitable for up to 18.5Kg (105cm)
    I was very impressed with the car seat itself, it looked very well made, stylish and felt very sturdy.
    The side impact additions are fantastic to see against similar products. 
    The instruction manual was easy to read and follow alongside the safety notices attached to the seat itself, this I actually found very useful as a visual person.
    The seat looked really comfortable - I wouldn't have minded a little seat in it myself! Looked very snuggly for a younger baby.

I found the installation in our Ford Kuga very easy and straightforward without really using the instructions. It sat right against the seat perfectly without the use of the adapters (but I think including those is a great addition) 
    I love the easy to see green indicators (again as I am visual!) to tell me it was in the correct position and safe for your little one to go into the seat safely. 
    I even gave the seat itself a little wobble just to check again it was that easy!

If I can fit this seat, seriously anybody can! It was so easy.

I personally love this function, especially when you are fighting a 14 month old to get them into a car seat or trying to get them out whilst sleeping. 
    Its a massive selling point for me, when juggling 101 things it was a sigh of relief that this function was so easy and seamless!
    The rotation made it much easier when my daughter was asleep afterwards I could get her out with ease without waking her! That is unheard of!
    The rotation itself is very easy & I particularly like the larger handles to move the seat - super easy and quick to do. 

Very impressed. 

My daughter (as you will see from the pictures) thought she was lady muck in her new car seat - she absolutely loved it! The seat itself was very deep, her head was supported but didn't restrict her from looking out of the window, the padding was perfect for her size & very supportive (both the inserts and the head rest) I really like that you can adjust the inserts to suit your Childs size. She really was well supported in this car seat which made me feel very at ease. I really like the fact the head rest was curved & moved to suit the child's height to keep her supported. The tilt function was very good to, it allowed her to be sitting up more to see out of the car & when asleep can be moved to a more comfortable lying down position which again she loved. 
    She honestly really seemed to love it and has been smiling with every journey she has been on! She can also see us better in her mirror which she loves too!

In one word, absolutely!
    It has fab safety features, great overall comfort, easy to install, easy 90 degree rotation and is just a fantastic all round car seat from to use for all parents. I have already recommended this to 2 parents to be that I know, and I don't recommend things so easily. 
    I really like that I can keep my daughter rear facing for a little while longer than other car seats too!

In all honesty my daughter being so comfortable and happy in the car seat just confirms the reason to recommend this car seat!
  • Franklin - 7mnths our featured model!  

What did you think of the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat when it arrived?

I found the car seat quite heavy, but with delivery to the door, this was not a significant problem. Once I opened the box to remove the car seat, the quality and luxury of the car seat is apparant and I was really excited to get Franklin in there to try it out.

Installation was fairly straight forward and my husband didn't have any major problems with it. The easy to see green installation indicator also means you don't have to second guess yourself. As a consequence of the large padded seat, it does take up significant space in the back seat. so if you are looking at having any more than two passengers in the back, it may be even more of a squish then normal with car seats. Also, as expected the passenger side seat can go as far back as it could with our previous car seat. so the passenger does lose some leg space. Having said that, the side protectors of the car seat are amazing and the seat beat clip function is really easy to use. 

This feature is absolutely amazing. As you can see from the below picture, the child looks directly at you, which makes getting them in and out of the car a breeze. You don't have to bend and twist to get them in which is a life saver. An added bonus is the mechanism to rotate the car seat, is on both sides of the car seat and is a large lever so easy to access and you only need to move on (on whatever side you like) to move the car seat into position, and when you hear the click, you are good to go. it moves on both sides, so it doesn't matter what side of the car you put this on.

This picture below shows the lever, right by his leg, and the side impact bar open

This car seat is VERY VERY comfortable. There are adjustments where he can be more reclined or sitting up straighter - which as with the lever to move the seat 
    90° - it is very easy to manoeuvre (called the on-the-go-recline) and feels like it would be an advantage if trying to get him to sleep for night driving / or upright and more awake when trying to avoid danger naps. If that is possible! The fabric feels gorgeous and the padding is sensational.
    There is also a fab newborn insert for the whole seat, which would be very supportive for little baby! Also I love the 'grow together' head rest. I like that Franklin can move his head whilst still having maximum support. 

I have absolutely no hesitation to recommend this car seat to other parents and carers. The key features of safety (it has really impressive safety tests and results, it really gives you some extra confidence, a tad less anxiety), extreme luxury comfort - this seat is top shelf! rotation (back saving!), and rear-facing up to such a good weight and age (up to 4 years!) - means it is worth having.

The only points to consider are the space it takes up in the back seat, and leg room for the passenger / driver. Also, as this seat is permanent it is a slight worry for us, as we live on a busy road without a driveway, so we do feel slightly at risk leaving such a nice carseat in the car overnight. 
    Our first impressions were mostly really good. The packaging really clearly showed all the safety benefits and features of the car seat and was really reassuring. Even the name of the car seat, having the word 'safe' helped to back that up and gave me confidence in the car seat. 
    My only initial concern was that it would be really bulky once it was in the car.

The car seat was well packaged. It is bulky and heavy to lift but it was possible for just one of us to do it. Considering the size of it, it was packaged together very neatly and I like that it is all one unit. It adds to the safety feature.

One of the bonuses of a car seat box this size is that the kids also loved turning it into a house!

After reading the instructions my husband and I weren't fully sure we'd get it right but we also watched the installation video from Joie and after watching that we found it really simple to install. Getting the ISOFIX fittings in place was a bit tricky because the weight of the car seat makes it hard to balance but overall it was really simple. Our other child has a car seat which has to be strapped in and this was so much simpler to do than our other one. I also like that it has the green indicators that show whether it has been fitted properly.

I was also surprised to find that it took up a lot less room in the back seat and footwell of our Ford C-Max than our previous ISOFIX base did. Because the car seat slides towards the back seat, there is much more room to either put bags in the footwell or slide the front seat of the car back which feels like a bonus!

Getting Seth, our 17 month old, in and out of the car seat is simple. It's nice being able to do it facing out of the car door rather than having to lean into the car and jiggle him in. It's simply just slot him in, strap him in and spin. The seat is nicely padded and feels really secure around him. The head and neck support looks and feels really secure too so although he sweats like crazy in it on a hot day (he does in any car seat), I think it's a great feature. And I love that he'll be able to remain rearward facing for a long time, as we were looking for a car seat that would remain rearward facing for as long as possible.

Another big plus for me was knowing that as Seth grows, the headrest and harness adjust easily without having to rethread the harness. This is always such a faff to do with other car seats we have had so I love that it's just a case of adjusting the headrest to simultaneously adjust the harness.

I love the rotation function of the seat. It is really easy to use and makes getting Seth in and out of the car so much simpler. Now that he is a lot heavier I really appreciate being able to do this rather than having to bend into the car to fit him in. The box describes it as 'silky smooth' and I'd definitely agree.

It is so simple to use, really smooth and so useful.

Seth, who is 17 months old, seemed to really like the car seat. It is a lot higher up in the car than his previous one and it was lovely watching him look at the window. On the motorway he pointed our lorries and different things that he could see out of the window which he hasn't done before so it made us all smile.

He seemed to fit really comfortably in the seat and enjoyed stretching his fit out to play with the mirror that we have on the headrest. It's very roomy around his legs which I can imagine will be useful as he gets bigger! Sitting up a bit higher means that he can see his sister in her seat well which makes them both happy as they enjoy having a giggle and 'chat' as we travel.

He took a bit longer than usual to fall asleep in the car seat but I think that was because he could see more and was interested in what was outside. When he did fall asleep he looked really comfortable and settled. I like that there are 6 recline options so that if you are planning a journey where you know they are likely to sleep, you can adjust the incline of the seat to make them more comfortable. 

Definitely! It feels really safe and secure and the simplicity of being able to spin the seat makes car transitions so much easier. I feel confident that it would keep Seth really safe and I also love that I know I can keep him rearward facing for a long time. I would have been really happy to use this for Seth as a newborn if we'd had it then. It definitely feels like value for money.
  • 1. What did you think of the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat when it arrived?

The car seat arrived in a fairly big box so it was helpful that it was delivered. I think if you were collecting it from a store, you would have trouble fitting it in to a boot of a car. On opening the car seat box, I was pleasantly surprised to find the car seat was easy to remove from the box and it wasn't covered in a lot of unnecessary packaging. 

On first impression the car seat looked solid and sturdy. I particularly liked how it came with a newborn insert which looked very supportive. Although my little boy is 15 months old now, I would have had no concerns using the car seat for him when he was younger. I can see why people may choose to use this type of car seat from newborn rather than buying a first stage car seat that only lasts until around a year old. 

Attached to the car seat, in addition to a full user guide, was a helpful leaflet which highlighted the main features. I found this a useful overview, especially as it states the car seat is both I-Size and Plus Test proven. As a parent, safety is paramount and knowing the car seat has went through such rigorous testing is very reassuring. I also found it beneficial to know that rearward facing seats protect children up to 80% more than forward facing seats. 

I watched the Joie installation video prior to fitting the car seat. I found the video very useful and concise given it was only a few minutes long. If it wasn't for watching the video I would never have realised that there are slots on both sides of the seat to insert the metal fastenings from the arm straps into. This means that the arm straps are out of the way whilst you sit your child into the seat and it saves having to pull the straps from underneath their back. This, to me, is a gamechanger! 

Installing the seat itself only took around 5 minutes. I did initially have some trouble figuring out how to extend the Isofix connectors but once I realised how to do this, it was straightforward. The car seat has installation indicators which turn from red to green once the seat is correctly installed which I found reassuring. I have since fitted the car seat in my husband's car and back again with no issues. Although I wouldn't say the car seat is easy to use often between cars due to its size, it definitely is not an issue if you need to put it in another car. 

Using the car seat is easy. The head rest is adjustable dependent on the size of your child and the arm straps are simple to either loosen or tighten. The fastening of the car seat was not too complex, as I have known some to be, and felt secure once fastened. 

I loved the 90 degree rotation of the car seat. It was so much better to be able to have your child facing you as you put them into the car seat rather than having to twist to get them in, which is both uncomfortable for you and your child. I also feel that you have full access and a full view when placing your child in the seat when the seat is facing you. I feel this allows the opportunity to ensure your child is safely strapped in before then turning the seat to rear face. I particularly liked how you can spin the seat with one hand with relative ease which is very useful when you have one hand full holding your child ready to place them in. 

I would say my little boy finds the car seat very comfortable. The car seat has six different tilt positions so there is always one which suits him whether he is tired or wants to sit up and look around. The fabric off the car seat is smooth and soft so I have no concerns about it irritating him. I feel as though he is fully supported in the seat. 

I would not hesitate in recommending the car seat to other parents and carers. Considering the safety features of the seat together with both the comfort it offers my little boy and the style, I would give it top marks. I like how it can be adjusted as my little boys grows so that it will last him the next few years. 
  • 1. First impressions of the Joie i-Spin Safe car seat on first unboxing were very positive. It looked comfortably padded, the side safety features look like a sensible idea and the installation instructions were very simple. The initial view was that it looked like a well made car seat, and with the benefit ot meeting all the latest safety requirements.
    2. Installing the seat following the instructions was very straightforward, simply sliding the base into place with the ISOfix connections and ensuring the front leg was correctly positioned. Then it was minor bit easy adjustments tilting the seat position.
    3. We tested the rotation on the seat before fitting and it seemed straightforward to use. As we use three car seats in the rear of our vehicle we are not able to rotate the seat more than 20 or so degrees actually in situ due it to meeting the next seat along. However, this is a little more than the other rotating seat we have on the opposite side (the central seat is a fixed forward facing for an older child.)
    4. We use the seat for the smaller of our twin daughters and the padding seems to hold her well but gives her some wriggle room. At no point did she seem uncomfortable and all parts of the seat her body comes into contact with are nicely padded and apholstered. We also fitted our 4 year old - 103cm tall. She found it comfortable.
    5. I would recommend the Joie i-Spin Safe to other parents and carers as its ability to rotate is useful, it has a good quality feel and a comfy finish for our daughter, plus the piece of mind of all of its safety features.
  • Hi everyone, thank you all for taking part in this product test, leaving such brilliant, detailed feedback and posting your pictures. 

The winner of the £200 Amazon voucher is @MizzAmy
    We will be in touch via email to send you your prize. 

Thanks again everyone - we're going to lock this thread now as the product test is now closed.  
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions