Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone going through postnatal depression?

Hi ladies, 

I've been suffering from postnatal depression for a few months now and it's been hard finding support. Usually the only people who actually understand are those who have been or are still going through it. Anyone here suffering from PND? 

I've just created a Facebook group called "The Silent Mummies" where women who qre going through this can talk to each other, get support, get stronger together and also have a laugh. Feel free to join the group: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thesilentmummies/

Or we can talk here too, it just feels good to talk to someone who understands. 

Replies

• I am getting assessed for it on Tuesday but I already know I have it and really struggling as I haven't told anyone how bad it is as I am scared I have my baby taken away so I understand so much I just need someone talk to about it without judgement 
  • I'm so afraid of this. I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I know that many mommies suffer form postnatal depression. Is there any way to avoid that?
  • Hey I was struggling so much when she was first born and I didn’t want to let on how much, but what I would say is let your loved ones know how much you’re struggling to ease some of the pressure you’re feeling. I told my family and it helped so much. Feeling alone is part of it. You’re not alone!! Reach out to whoever you can, mid wife, friend, mum anyone. People who have had babies can give you best support as they know what it can be like. 
    And for the lady who is pregnant - don’t worry. Let your family know your fears and make sure when you have had your baby you rely on your support network to help you with things round the house etc as it’s hard when they are first born and you just want someone to do your dishes and help out. That can relieve you and help you enjoy this time with your baby.