Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Postive then negative

I had aa missed period and thought nothing off it because I have pcos. However I.was late so I.took a test and with huge shock it came back pregnant so I took a clear blue to confirm it and that came back positive to. I later on took another cuz I was surprised by the outcome and now my tests are coming back negative.  I've had no bleeding no cramping I'm wondering of this has happened to anyone else I feel like I'm going crazy x

Replies

• Could you describe what day/time you took each test and whether it was positive/negative please?

I've got a feeling/am hoping you're just early on so you're getting false negatives from having diluted urine. But it'll be easier to tell if you list the days and times of each test along with their result.
  • I took a first response 16th June at 4ish.
    I took a clear blue test on 17th June at 4ish
    18th Jun first morning urine negative 
    19th Jun first urine negative
    22nd june 5ish negative
    This morning negative too x
  • Ah, in that case I'm afraid I think you've probably experienced a chemical pregnancy and should probably expect AF in the next few days  :(

I wish you luck for the future though, are you actively TTC at the moment?
  • No I'm not trying to conceive.. I've had no pain no bleeding nothing which confuses me as its been 9 days now since a postive test.. I have a blood test booked for next week x
  • Fox1991 said:
    No I'm not trying to conceive.. I've had no pain no bleeding nothing which confuses me as its been 9 days now since a postive test.. I have a blood test booked for next week x

It makes sense that you wouldn't have had bleeding yet. The HCG has to fully leave your system before your period can begin. There is a small chance of a Missed Misscarriage though, which is where your body doesn't start the next cycle and so needs help to pass the uterine lining. 

It's a good idea to get a blood test. If you've not begun bleeding and if your levels come back as 0/low then the doctors may want to do further checks. 

Good luck with everything, I hope it all gets resolved quickly for you.
  • Thank u for ur help x