Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Af 2 days late

My af is 2 days late and I have taken a test this morning and was negative, has anyone got a positive after a negative and how long did it take for a positive after your missed af just curious?

Replies

• Hey
    With my first pregnancy I didn't get a faint positive until 5 days after AF was due. I didnt track my cycles and didnt know all the info about TTC so obviously I ovulated later than the app was telling me. 

Do you track your cycles with bbt or opks? 
  • Hey I have been trying for a year and a half now and normally I do use bbt and opks but this month I have myself a break and didn’t try as I just felt like I needed a break from it all, I’m going to leave it until it’s a week late and then retest but I have been having cramps the past few days and been really tired to.
  • I’d be interested to follow this too. I was due my period on Saturday and took a pregnancy test yesterday and it came back negative. I don’t want to spend more money on tests for a while so think I’ll wait until Friday to see if AF shows up. 
    Good luck!! x
  • I think I’m going to wait until it’s a week late just incase it comes late but my cycle normally is 30 days and it’s now 3 days late, good luck to you to❤️X
  • Yeah my cycle is normally 35 days so my ovulation timing can be a bit random. Have you had any other symptoms? x
  • Well I’ve been cramping the past few days in and off and I’ve also Bering peeing a lot to and have crazy dreams and eating a lot but that also could be my af I just don’t want to get my hopes up, have you had any symptoms?x
  • Peeing a lot, some tenderness in my pelvic joints. But I also had a small bleed on Friday and another small bleed a couple days before. So I have no idea what’s happening to be honest. Like you I’m trying not to expect a positive but I’ve never had a late period before.
    In my previous two pregnancies they showed positive on a test before AF was even late so who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • I’m the same my periods never been this late before either, this is my first time trying to conceive so I’m still a bit new to all this😌x
  • Any updates ladies I’ve been having similar symptoms but my af is irregular 
  • I got AF this afternoon. A whole week late! No idea what’s going on there. We weren’t actively trying so I would have been surprised if I was pregnant. But good luck!! x