Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

SIZE OF BUMP

HI PEEPS!!HOPE YOU ALL OK.IM REALLY STARTING TO GET A BIT NIFFED OFF NOW,BECUASE IM SIX MONTHS PREGNANT AND MY BUMP IS FAIRLY SMALL.I LOOK ABOUT FOUR MONTHS PREGNANT.BUT EVERYONE THAT TALKS TO ME IS LIKE OH ISNT YOUR BUMP SMALL!!HAS ANYONE ELSE GOT A SMALL BUMP?AND DO YOU THINK ITS GOT ANYTHING TO DO WITH HOW MUCH I EAT?IM NOT SURE IF I SHOULD BE EATING MORE OR WHAT??I HAVE ONLY PUT ON TWO STONE SO FAR TO.I DONT KNOW WHY IM LETTING PEOPLES COMMENTS GET TO ME REALLY.XX

Replies

• I really wouldn't worry about it mel81, everyone is different. My bump has just started to get going and I'm 28 + 6. Apparently bump size isn't anything to do with how much you eat it is to do with your stomach muscles so you're obviously in good shape!! x ;\)
  • Hi mell dont worry about what people say im 31+4 and have only a small bump its really got nothing to do with what you eat but more to do with the amount of water surrounding your baby but dont worry coz everyone is different in size and shape. hope this helps love sarah xxxx
  • hey mell!
    people keep telling me i have a small bump and that im nice and neat. Dont let peoples comments get to you, it could be worse, people could be telling you that you look like a house!
    as long as you are eating healthy you should be fine some people just dont show as much as others.
    You have put on 2 stone so thats a good indication that all is well, im 24+2 and have put on 11 pounds but its all baby thank god!
    just ignore peoples comments, some people think just because your pregnant they have a god given right to comment on your weight and size every2 seconds.
    Toni x
  • I think it depends who you talk to as well. Some people tell me i'm small and others that i'm big. I think as long as you are healthy it doesn't matter. It also depends on the way the baby is lying as it can make the bump bigger or smaller. Bet you look great anyway image x
  • OH THANK YOU GUYS,YOU HAVE ALL REALLY CHEERED ME UP NOW.ITS NICE TO COME ON HERE AND GET SUPPORT.WHEN I MENTION STUFF LIKE THIS TO MY OH HE JUST SAYS STOP BLOODING MOANING WOMAN!!LOL.THANKYOU ALL ONCE AGAIN.LOVE MEL.XX
  • mel, it IS worse when someone tells you you're the ize of a house!! I get comments like 'bloody hell are u having twins or have u eaten all the pies' it really pisses me off! At first I would run away crying but I have gotten used to it now and am starting to bite back. Claire21 is starting a line in t-shirts if you fancy it?? there's one that simply says FUCK OFF, one says FUCK OFF OLD BIDDYS and the other one says FUCK OFF, NOT INTERESTED! She is up for suggestions too....I quite like one that says I'M NOT PREGNANT, I'M FAT! That would shut a few people up!!

Cheers up gal, like the others have said, as long as you and bubba are healthy...bollox to 'em!
    xxxxxxxxxx
  • i went for a tour of the labour ward and stuff about a week ago and the midwife there was asking how long everyone had left to go. when i said 3 weeks she looked at me and said "you're joking, but your bump is tiny" which made everyone else have a gawp at me as well. i wanted to slap the cheeky cow.
    my bump is measuring fine for my dates and my midwife is happy with it.
  • lmao i like that clare!!i could do with one of those t shirts!!why is it aswell,i dont know if its just me,but complete strangers who stand there talking to me start feeling my bump lol!!whats going on with people!!
  • Hi Mell81, im 26 + 5 wks gone and my bump is tiny so I always get the comments of being so small. People are only just noticing im pregnant now so think im about 3 months! Just noticed in ur 1st msg tho that u said uve only put on 2 stone so u obviously dont think thats much but ive only put on 7lb so im worried this is no where near enough now? Im measuring exactly to my dates so dont think there is a problem but 7lb dont seem hardly anything for being over 6 months pregnant? x
  • Hi Tara, people are different dont worry. im 31+4 and through out my pregnancy i have only put on half a stone as long as you and bubs is healthy it dosent matter now if you were loseing weight then its time to worry. xxx
  • hi. i'm 25 + 3 and i look like the back end of a bus!!!!! it's because i'm having a boy. i was small with my girl but with all my boys i have been huge.
    i got told this morning that i looked massive by a stick thin woman!! i mean what would she know, stick insect. lol. people are too quick to comment on your bump and you will be the size thats meant for your body. we are all perfect in our own way.xx
  • With both of my previous pregnancies i often had comments like "you having a litter?" yeah funny eh? i was constantly being asked if there was 'just one baby' in there and i just got so used to it!

I often look at pictures of me when i was pregnant and even i cant believe how big i was! So i dont blame them for asking but what i dont feel is nessesary are the stupid comments like if i'm having a litter!

Luckily this time i'm measuring for dates and am smaller than i was with both my other girls although i still look due .....and i still have 9 weeks to go!!!

Dont worry though, your baby is the right size for you xx
  • I'm 33 weeks and I've only out on 12lbs, I won't say I was small/tiny, its just all at the front and haven't put any weight on anywhere else. People do say by bump looks big but to be honest I dont see it myself I think I'm nice and neat!!
  • Hi
    Im 23 weeks and my bump is quite big, I have had a bump from quite early on- and this is my first pregnancy. People keep telling me my bump is big and they think im further on than I am. Everyone is different so not everyones bump is going to look the same, as long as you feel fine dont worry what they say.

Vicki