Forum home Babies Baby

July 2020 Babies

Hello!

This is a new thread for the people from our Due in July 2020 Birth Club who have given birth to an equally lovely baby, or are expecting any time now.

If you've not been part of the Due in June 2020 birth club thread so far, but have a baby born around then, feel free to post and join in. 

Don't forget to bookmark the new thread by hitting the green star ⭐️next to the thread title, so you don't miss out on any notifications. 

Replies

• Tagging all the new mums so far! @Bubbles616 @Nevesmummy @FreakOut @thinkingpositive1 @Lou2401 Please forgive us if we have missed anyone and feel free to tag

• Hi ladies!! Hope everyone is enjoying there little ones! ☺
    Need to rant a bit and I feel like here is a good place to vent a little... or a lot Haha! 
    Postpartum has been a little rough for me!! Pain wise I am getting a lot better day by day.. emotionally I am struggling! Lack of sleep and my hormones trying to re-bance is probably to blame! I am not a cryer but have found myself crying over spilled milk, literally!!!!
    Also having some resentment towards my husband. He has become a great dad over the last week but I feel like I am the one 24/7 with the baby besides the hour or so he spends with her a day.. I know a newborn is very dependent on mum obviously because she has spent the last 9 months inside me! I love all the cuddles and learning her patterns. I love spending time watching the funny faces she pulls. 
    I have changed every diaper besides literally 1 diaper dad changed by himself and complained about....
     I have been cooking dinner every night and doing the laundry and cleaning the house where I can. 
    The first day few days we were home he was very good trying to help with everything but since then I feel like he thinks he doesnt need to help extra anymore..  I have tried talking to him about it but he doesnt understand, I get that he is busy most of the day as we have a home business and it is busy season for us... but I feel like he isnt using his down time to take care of the baby or the baby. 
    Sorry for the rant but I feel like it helps a bit to vent! 
  • @thinkingpositive1 I promise you it will get better. I remember  crying over the least little thing and just being utterly high one moment and low the next. It’s all part of recovery and it will pass in a week or so. Obviously if you feel that your emotions are getting way to much then speak to your midwife or health visitor they will be able to support and guide you. 
    Men can be a right pain in the but after baby. Some men just don’t get home much extra help they can be. Hopefully things will start to improve for you lovely as dad realises his roll. In the mean time feel free to rant as much as you like we’re here to support you xxx
  • @MrsP13 thank you do much.. It's been quite the week i knew my hormones would be off but didnt realize how bad it can be. I just feel so angry sometimes, I have struggled with anger most of my life and found excersize really helps and cant wait to get the okay from my dr to start a routine again. God I really hope he picks up around the house and with baby... for now I will just keep at him and hope for the best! 
    Will you have your little one sleeping in your room?? We have a beside the bed basinett for ours and when she wakes and cries in the night my hubby doesnt even wake up just lays there snoring away! I'm so jealous he gets to sleep so much!!! 
  • @thinkingpositive1 she will be yes. It’s recommend that baby sleep in the same room with you for the first 6months at least. I didn’t want my son to leave our room, so he didn’t go until he was 9months old, but it was best for everyone. From that point on he slept through the night. 
    I’m not sure on the relationship your hubby has with his mum. But maybe you could have a word with her and he can talk some sense in to him. My hubby’s mum is great for doing that when he’s doing something other shouldn’t be 
  • @MrsP13 I think we will try to put her in her own room around the 6month mark but we'll see! Sounds like your son transitioned very well! How is he doing with meeting his new baby sister?! 😊
  • @thinkingpositive1 I was convinced id put him in his own room at 6months but I just didn’t feel comfy but it was the best decision. He started sleeping through and we got a better nights sleep too. 
    He’s doing well. He’s so excited to see her. Last night was our first night with all 4 of us. Was interesting as hubby and I were both tired but we got a Lon action plan and it worked. 
    Was cute this morning when our son woke he asked “where’s my baby sister?” When I opened the baby gate to his room. 

• @thinkingpositive1 your first comment could have literally been plucked from my brain word for word! I know EXACTLY how you are feeling right now. As soon as my partner went back to work is when it all changed for me and I noticed the difference. I’m so worn out because I literally do everything on my own aswell as having a toddler to run around after. I mean I know us mothers are incredible but we aren’t octopuses with 8 arms. I’ve done every night feed bar 1, which I still got up and observed as I can’t settle anyway and he’s changed a few nappies but I have to ask him to do it and when he does he complains or waits a while after I’ve asked before doing it. And another thing that’s really upset me is that he’s took on a weekend job doing decorating. So not only is he at work all week where I don’t seem him or spend time with him, he’s now gone on a weekend. So we literally have no family time now and I’m with the kids 24/7 on my own. I appreciate he’s doing it for some extra cash for the family while times have been tough but I would much rather he was home with us 😔
  • @MrsP13
    Yes sometimes our plans dont work out but we make it work, glad it was a successful transition for him and you guys too! 
     Aww, that's adorable! I bet it will take some getting used to now with 2 kiddos! Hopefully big brother will help out where its possible. My mum said when my sister was born I liked helping take care of her, I was about 1 and half when she was born.

• @Bubbles616 glad I'm not the only one feeling resentful!!!! Wow I couldnt imagine having to take care of a toddler on top of a newborn all by myself 24/7!! You are super mum!! 
    They dont understand do they?! It can get very frustrating, and I catch myself giving him the evil eye sometimes. Was your partner like that when your first was born too?? 

• Bubbles57Bubbles57 Regular
    edited Jul 20, 2020 1:33PM
    @thinkingpositive1 don’t worry you aren’t the only one feeling that way. And it’s very hard work and very frustrating. And my son has hit the terrible 2s so it’s tantrum after tantrum all day every day. And I give the evil eye too! He’s caught me a few times and asked why I’m looking at him like that and I just want to explode!!! I can almost feel the steam coming from my ears! And my son has a different dad, but his dad was also the same! I think it’s a man thing seen as though they’ve both acted the same. Both times I’ve thought they’d be great hands on dads as both of them come from a big family with younger siblings and nieces and nephews but nope. 😭 it’s as if the novelty of it has wore off now as she’s now 7 weeks old. Another thing that really gets to me is when he gets home from work, he’ll come in a sit straight down. Doesn’t even go over to see his daughter until I say something to him. 
  • I really feel for you ladies with your partner not helping out. It’s hard enough trying to manage a household, but doing that whilst your body is still recovering and with kids alone is extremely hard work. 
    I’m lucky hubby wants to be involved he really is a god send 
    (I feel bad writing that as I know how much you ladies are struggling and don’t want it to seam like I’m bragging I’m really not I promise) 

toddlers are such hard work. My son has spent all today trying to feed Ella a bottle or some kind of plastic food. He’s also going through a stage of not listening. So frustrating when all you want him to do is pick up something off the floor to help out. 

@thi@thinkingpositive1 he’s great at helping this morning he came to the top of the stairs and watched me change the baby the when I asked he went back down to ask dad to put a bottle in for her then came back to tell me. He’s very sweet natured. 
  • @MrsP13 ahh don’t worry, I wouldn’t think you were bragging at all. I know there is men/dads out there that are always very hands on and helpful! 

Ahhh your son sounds adorable! My son still isn’t to bothered about his baby sister yet but he does do random little things to show he does know she exists. His favourite things to do at the minute is trying to put his or her dummy in her mouth (she’s not too fussed about dummies though) and when I am winding her, he will come over and pat her on the back with me😊
  • @Bubbles616 that’s really cute. Jack discovered her dummy this morning and wouldn’t let it go.it is cute watching them interact 
  • @Bubbles616 ah, must just be a man thing then! It gets super frustrating sometimes. My hubby will pay attention to her and I know he loves her to pieces, he just wants the cuddles and nothing to do with the crying or the changing! Once I start pumping though I think he will take part feeding her.

@MrsP13 it's great that your hubby is so hands on and helpful! Sounds like your little boy is a great little helper too!! How adorable, I bet it can be frustrating too but I cant wait for my baby girl to have a sibling just to see them interact together 
  • Chloe87Chloe87 Regular
    edited Jul 21, 2020 8:08AM
    Hi ladies!! Hope everyone is enjoying there little ones! ☺
    Need to rant a bit and I feel like here is a good place to vent a little... or a lot Haha! 
    Postpartum has been a little rough for me!! Pain wise I am getting a lot better day by day.. emotionally I am struggling! Lack of sleep and my hormones trying to re-bance is probably to blame! I am not a cryer but have found myself crying over spilled milk, literally!!!!
    Also having some resentment towards my husband. He has become a great dad over the last week but I feel like I am the one 24/7 with the baby besides the hour or so he spends with her a day.. I know a newborn is very dependent on mum obviously because she has spent the last 9 months inside me! I love all the cuddles and learning her patterns. I love spending time watching the funny faces she pulls. 
    I have changed every diaper besides literally 1 diaper dad changed by himself and complained about....
     I have been cooking dinner every night and doing the laundry and cleaning the house where I can. 
    The first day few days we were home he was very good trying to help with everything but since then I feel like he thinks he doesnt need to help extra anymore..  I have tried talking to him about it but he doesnt understand, I get that he is busy most of the day as we have a home business and it is busy season for us... but I feel like he isnt using his down time to take care of the baby or the baby. 
    Sorry for the rant but I feel like it helps a bit to vent! 
    I have also been crying over the littlest thing most days even just looking at her sets me off 🤣 not feeling too bad in my self still quite tender from the op and feeling the strain of the breast feeding but I love it I love watching her enjoying drinking the milk espically when she starts snorting 🤣 I'm not enjoying the daily blood thinner injections they suck i can't do them my self so my partner is stabbing me 
    Sorry to hear about your partner maybe he just needs time to adjust its never real for them untill bubba turns up and even then I don't think the maternal instinct kicks in right away like it does for us 

• @Chloe87 I’m on the same injections as well. Do you find you bruise from them? Maybe it’s me I bruise like a peach haha 🤣 
    I’m finishing my back is aching more this time round. Especially when I hold baby baby to feed her I need to sit down otherwise it hurts to much. I’m also finishing it hard to sleep on my back still. All part of it lol 
  • MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 I’m on the same injections as well. Do you find you bruise from them? Maybe it’s me I bruise like a peach haha 🤣 
    I’m finishing my back is aching more this time round. Especially when I hold baby baby to feed her I need to sit down otherwise it hurts to much. I’m also finishing it hard to sleep on my back still. All part of it lol 
    I can't sleep on my sides at all as it pulls on my cs stitches on the inside 😩 I'm using my maternity pillow still at the moment to keep me supported as with out it my diastasis recti sticks out really bad and I don't want to make it worse it's horrible 😔 it's got no muscle at all down the centre of my stomach it's like an empty bag 😩 not allowed to even do any gentle exercise yet my milk came in yesterday and oh my god I'm sure my boobs have trippled in size ! I feel like someone's stuffed footballs inside the skin they look absolutely ridiculous. 

I'm currently breast feeding on demand at the moment as the three hour rule the nurse told me I HAD to follow just isn't working espically if she's in a really good sleep and i have to wake her for a feed she woke every 2.5 ish hours for a feed last night winded and straight back in her basked ! Except from 4 am she stayed on me as I couldn't get out my mat pillow soni was stuck till hubby woke up I could have woken him but I wake him every time she needs passing for a feed as getting her out the basket is still a bit tricky for me 

Still feeling quite emotional keep crying at silly things hubby is doing so much and from the second she was delivered he's pretty much done everything except feeds obvs. 
    His house work isn't to my standard but we can't have it all . I still feel irritable towards him though despite all he's done I don't know why must be hormones I guess. Oh with the injections I think I have pin prick bruised where o had my canullars and other various needdles tho I'm swollen and bruised I find the blood thinners burn after they have been injected 
  • I’m also having to get my mum to do My injections as I’m too squeamish 🤣🤣 they definitely sting afterwards haha xx
  • @Chloe87 @MrsP13 I know the injections are blood thinners but what are they for? Why are they necessary? 
    Yes they do make some funny noises especially while eating Haha! 
    I couldnt believe how much my boobs hurt either when my milk came in!! It was ridiculous and I convinced myself it was mastitis! After a few days the swelling went down though! Also breast feeding on demand and she is a greedy little thing lately! She is 2 weeks old today, must be going through a growth spurt cause she is definitely doing the cluster feeding thing. 
    Glad your partner is being good help you deserve it! The hormone re-balance is crazy, I have noticed it ease up over the last few days, but still having postpartum resentment towards my husband, oh well! I'm sure that will fade also