Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feeding problems

Hi guys please can anyone help I am asking for a friend she has a 11 week old baby girl Over the past 24 hours she has barely had any bottles as she refuses them has only wee’d twice since yesterday. Baby already had may issues with feeding which still
no one is sure what is wrong could be reflux could be lactose intolerant or milk allergy. Mum is now very concerned as been back to gp which has been a challenge in itself getting to actually see a dr as no one really seems to care of it’s not covid related finally just seen a dr and been given oral mouth gel in case yes in case no definitive diagnosis but could be oral thrush my question is what would others do poor mum is at her wits end anyone have any ideas please and thanks in advance 

Replies

• Hey does anyone who is breastfeeding have any foods they would recommend / any foods that they would avoid? 
    My newborn (she is 6 weeks) had such a bad few days past few days wouldn’t settle screaming through the night it was awful, am thinking it’s something I ate maybe so just looking to see how other mums get on with certain foods? 
  • Hi guys please can anyone help I am asking for a friend she has a 11 week old baby girl Over the past 24 hours she has barely had any bottles as she refuses them has only wee’d twice since yesterday. Baby already had may issues with feeding which still
    no one is sure what is wrong could be reflux could be lactose intolerant or milk allergy. Mum is now very concerned as been back to gp which has been a challenge in itself getting to actually see a dr as no one really seems to care of it’s not covid related finally just seen a dr and been given oral mouth gel in case yes in case no definitive diagnosis but could be oral thrush my question is what would others do poor mum is at her wits end anyone have any ideas please and thanks in advance 
    Hey my daughter had a tongue tie that was only seen 2 weeks after birth, I know she’s 11 weeks so would probably have caught on by now if it was - but maybe get checked for it? They need a health visitor or doc to look in her mouth and see if it’s tight or not. 
  • Stress the urgency to the doctor. I think with the way everything is returning to normal, they will be a lot more interested now.