Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Hoping for a BFP in August 2020

Replies

• Hi all, this is my first cycle back to TTC. It's been 5/6 years since the last time. My dh has poor morphology and we ended up having to do fertility treatments and ended up doing IVF and was finally successful. I had always wanted to try at the end of this year for a transfer again but because of COVID we decided to try naturally until things settle down. I'm trying to be hopeful but my husband is doubtful we can get pregnant naturally given our past. I would love to be able to get pregnant naturally cause I don't look forward to the shots again  :s
  • Hi @Emmagem and @Boden.

Are you doing anything different this time while ttc? Are you taking any extra vitamins, charting, is your hubby taking anything to help his swimmers? X

• @Pennylane87 how did you get on at the doctor's? X
  • @HippieMama4

I got CoQ10 for my husband but he has zero interest in it.  :( He said he doesn't want me to go crazy like last time with the whole temperature taking and what not so I said I will only do OPKs cause I need to at least know I'm ovulating which he understood. So if anything, I'm doing less haha. I use to take all sorts of supplements too. I'm only taking prenatals now. I guess the approach is suppose to be relaxed but when you're actively TTC can you really relax?  :#
  • Hi ladies, 
    Hope you don't mind me joining. I'm going to be ttc from August 😊. I'm very excited but anxious also. My first child was stillborn in Feb 2016, I then went onto have my rainbow in Jan 2017. Just thought I'd say hello!xx 
  • @HippieMama4
    Doctor has sent me for full hormonal panel, ultrasounds and insulin resistance resting, she said after that if necessary she will put me on Metformin. Then If I'm still unsuccessful we can move to clomid. Last ultrasound they said my ovaries were normal so they weren't concerned but didn't look at my hormonal levels which I think is the problem. 🤞🤞 I get some answers now.
    I've stopped temping this month just to give myself a break it was all to much for me 😩
  • Hi I unfortunately was late but still had AF this month was gutted. But fingers crossed for next month. Hope everyone is well xx
  • Hi I unfortunately was late but still had AF this month was gutted. But fingers crossed for next month. Hope everyone is well xx
    Ah you made it, I was just about to tag you here. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 For this month x
  • Hi @Kazam2817 I’m here it’s nice to have ppl to talk to about it all. Xx
  • RevbombRevbomb Regular
    edited Jul 22, 2020 1:06AM
    Emmagem said:
    How long did the doctor put you through testing before they will give you Clomid?(1 cycle 2, 3 ect??)  and do they make hubby get tested before giving clomid? I told my hubby it may come to that if they dont find anything with me, and he was not pleased by any means...

Revbomb said:
    Hi @Revbomb, sorry that af arrived. 

Fingers crossed we get some bfps this month x
    Oh no hun af didn’t come
    but that’s my issue
    my af never comes and my body is not ovulating 
    but I have my fertility results for hubby in August and hopefully clomid 

They did cycle monitoring 
    so basically provera
    ultrasound on my day 3 and sono test on my 11 day
    dh just got blood and sperm test 
    and they concluded I’m not ovulating at all 
    eggs are healthy  ovaries uterus and tubes all great
    Eggs are not maturing 

only took 1 cycle and since they knew I had no period it was pointless 
  • Morning ladies 😊 CD6 here. Still spotting red which is unusual for me at this point. Have a UTI and feel horrible too. At least I'm off work for a couple of days and can take it easy.
  • Hello ladies! So I took this this morning  I feel like I’m going crazy seeing this faint line ! I don’t wanna get my hopes up 😭 Any suggestions ? 
  • @Jasxfer i can see a line😊
  • Bethanyjean ahhhh !! I’m taking another one in the morning and I’m so excited but so nervous ! Thank you ❤️

• @Jasxfer I can see a line too! 😁🤞
  • Jasxfer said:
    Hello ladies! So I took this this morning  I feel like I’m going crazy seeing this faint line ! I don’t wanna get my hopes up 😭 Any suggestions ? 
    I see a line too. Good luck xx
  • I can defs see a line x
  • Deco see a line too, congrats xx
  • @Boden that's frustrating that your dh won't take the CoQ10. I had problems all last year with dh not contributing as much as he needed to, and it took us a year to get pregnant. During the last month he finally realised that he needed to make more of an effort and he started taking some supplements. We got pregnant that month. Now we're trying again he had a dodgy month last month where he was too tired to bd enough but he's gone back onto the supplements again and I'm hoping he will manage with some more energy this month!

When you're ttc I don't think you are ever totally relaxed. I think coming on here shows we're not relaxed about it, as we want to talk about it, share tips and our stories and get as much information and support as possible. 

@Mrs_T. welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your angel baby. Fingers crossed for this month.

@Pennylane87 I'm pleased that they have done all those tests, I hope you get the results soon and can start on any treatment you need. 

I understand about not wanting to chart, it does get tiring. I wish I could go back to how I was when I conceived my first child years and years ago. It was just a case of taking folic acid and bd every day over what I guessed was ovulation and bam, pregnant first month with no issues at all. It's so much harder nowadays, so much more stressful and disheartening.

Hi @Fairycakes88. I wonder if the uti is making your spotting last longer this month? It's definitely good that you've got some days off to rest.

@Jasxfer congratulations! I can definitely see a line.

Cd5 for me, light bleeding which I'm expecting to stop and become spotting tomorrow. I feel really nervous this month, I feel like I'm putting loads of pressure on myself and I was saying to dh that I'm really nervous about getting pregnant again in care it goes wrong again. I would be devastated if it did. He said that if I haven't got pregnant by Christmas (I really hope I'm pregnant by then as time is ticking so quickly) he wants to have ivf. We don't have thousands of pounds sat around so it would mean saving or getting a loan, and I don't know much about it so have no idea how much it would cost (I thought about £5000?).

Babydust to all x
  • Jasxfer said:
    Hello ladies! So I took this this morning  I feel like I’m going crazy seeing this faint line ! I don’t wanna get my hopes up 😭 Any suggestions ? 
    I seee itttt
This discussion has been closed.