Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Hoping for a BFP in August 2020

Replies

• Hi @Emmagem and @Boden.

Are you doing anything different this time while ttc? Are you taking any extra vitamins, charting, is your hubby taking anything to help his swimmers? X

Hey!
    Im taking prenatals and DHA and hubby is taking a multivitamin(sometimes 🙄), same as we did with our first 6 years ago
    .Boden said:
    @HippieMama4

I got CoQ10 for my husband but he has zero interest in it.  :( He said he doesn't want me to go crazy like last time with the whole temperature taking and what not so I said I will only do OPKs cause I need to at least know I'm ovulating which he understood. So if anything, I'm doing less haha. I use to take all sorts of supplements too. I'm only taking prenatals now. I guess the approach is suppose to be relaxed but when you're actively TTC can you really relax?  :#
    I was temping a few months ago and found it very stressful. I couldn't tell on my chart if i ovulated so i gave up.
    I use and app to track my cycles and predict when i might be ovulating  but thats it for now.
    Just waiting for my next blood test to see if im actually ovulating. 
    Nothing is relaxing about ttc!!! Lol
  • @Revbomb how did they know the eggs weren't maturing? The sono or blood test?
    I just have a feeling thats whats going on with me or I'm not ovulating at all... my cycles are so short now, there is no way everything is normal with me.
    Hubby and i have been unprotected for 2 years now! But only ttc on and off for about a year now... my son is 6 tomorrow! I wanted the second to be closer in age than this..
  • Emmagem said:
    @Revbomb how did they know the eggs weren't maturing? The sono or blood test?
    I just have a feeling thats whats going on with me or I'm not ovulating at all... my cycles are so short now, there is no way everything is normal with me.
    Hubby and i have been unprotected for 2 years now! But only ttc on and off for about a year now... my son is 6 tomorrow! I wanted the second to be closer in age than this..
    So basically the sono confirmed
    nothing was wrong
    blood test showed nothing wrong with me hormonally
    Ultrasound also showed my eggs are good quality
    just not maturing

the doctor told me this diagnosis
    I also do not get my period at all
    i Can go a year without My period but I take provera to get them
  • Hey ladies!! 
    So a little backstory: I was on BC for a long tome I got off of it and got pregnant with identical twin girls. We ended up loosing them at 20 weeks. I delivered them and then had to have a D&C on June 4th. Me and my husband are so ready to be pregnant again. I got my period on July 9th. My doctor said everything looks good and we are good to start trying again. I have been doing ovulation test everyday and haven’t got a positive yet and no signs of ovulation. We have been trying to BD every other day to make sure we don’t miss our window. I know it hasn’t been long since period but I’m looking for any advice because we just want to be pregnant again so bad. Any advice or success stories? 
  • @Katieking22 I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your precious girls. My son was stillborn in feb 2016. I understand the need to be pregnant again. I was fortunate and conceived my rainbow quickly and my daughter was born in January 2017. Sending lots of love and hope your get your bfp soon xx 
  • @Emmagem what is DHA? I too have the eye roll at dh. Some of them seem to think they don't need to do anything other than dtd now and again don't they. Mine was chuntering last night about the DAA he's taking as it's now in powder form rather than tablets as he was a nightmare for not taking enough each day. The powder doesn't dissolve that great, but compared to what we ladies have to go through its really nothing!

I'm finding charting following my ERPC stressful as last month it didn't show a distinct ovulation pattern whereas it used to be very clear. Hoping this month is better.

@Katieking22 welcome to the group. I'm really sorry to hear about your twin girls, I really hope you get a bfp very soon.

Babydust to all x
  • Hi ladies! Id like to join if its ok! I have a 1.5 year old and we've decided to see if another one arrives! Bit of a back story for me! I had endo and cysts in one ovary and was told it would take me a while to fall pregnant. To our surprise after 3 months of stopping the pill i was pregnant and has a beautiful pregnancy and birth! The birth got rid of my endo and cyst completely! My periods are still out of whack from giving birth though! Im quite regular but now i get my periods every 3 weeks (ish)... Im due the 4th August.. according to my app i ovulated last weekend! Im not temping or anything because we've just decided to be open to a new bub. We'll see how we go! Although, since we decided on this, we've been invited to 3 weddings all in the next few months hahaha... What do you reckon, should we wait? 
  • @HippieMama4
    DHA is OMEGA 3 from my understanding. I buy Nestle Materna prenatal vitamins. Its a combo pack that comes with a multi vitamin and a DHA (omega vitamin). I forgot to mention I also have been taking Estrosmart PLUS vitamins. They help to balance hormones the same as Vitex (estro contains some vitex in it). I just couldn't find Vitex, but i have heard of lots of people having success with Estrosmart plus too.  It has already helped my cycle this month to get me to 26 days onstead of 24 and my cycle is also lighter, more like how it used to be.

@Revbomb
    Was the ultrasound on a specific day as well? I went for an u/s but all they did was look at the uterus, overies ect.. and say everything was fine. they never looked at my eggs...
  • @Mrs_T. did you do any specific to get pregnant quick?? 
  • @HippieMama4 I agree it is definitely frustrating. I remember being extremely frustrated with him the first time we TTC. It was more so when we found out that our issue was male factor infertility. He has 2% morphology but wouldn't do more. I think he felt like giving up. Since we had to do IVF in the long run, I think he feels like there's no hope that we will get pregnant naturally. I'm trying to be optimistic because I'd love to get pregnant naturally and not have to go in for multiple monitoring and shots for weeks on end. It's great that your husband is on board and hopefully this is the month! 

@Emmagem Oh yes, the temping was a mind f**! haha I remember thinking oh did I wake up too early? Oh crap, did I wake up too late? Oh I fell back asleep should I average out the previous temp and this new one? Wait so I ovulated then? sigh I have new thermometers but that was like the one thing my husband said don't do again lol
    When is your blood test? I remember doing one at CD21 to confirm if I ovulated or not. I think it was progesterone. 

@Katieking22 I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that you guys can get pregnant quickly and have a safe and healthy pregnancy and baby/ies!

@EmPa Hi and welcome! I think you should just go for it! I think what we learned is we never know when we will get pregnant. 

How is everyone doing? What CD are you on now? I'm on CD17 so the TWW for me. Of course I'm already symptom spotting (way to be relaxed lol). 
  • @Katieking22 I took my temps and recorded them in fertility friend. I ovulate quite early and temps confirmed that was still the case. I hope it happens for you quickly too!xx
  • @Mrs_T. so you ovulated the same time after your birth as you did before? 
  • @Katieking22 my first post birth cycle was a long cycle. Next cycle I took temps and conceived that cycle. Ovulation was the same as when I temped trying to conceive my little boy xx
  • @Emmagem ah ok. Are you in the USA? It's just that I'm in the UK and haven't seen the Nestle ones. Also, do you buy the Estrosmart ones online? I think that if I don't conceive this cycle then I may start on something like that. I'm currently on Pregnacare Conception multivitamins, am charting temps and going to start with opks in a couple of days.

@Boden it's like if it's found out that the male factor is the issue, they can't deal with it and instead of being like "Right, what do we need to do to fix it?" they sink into themselves and can't be bothered to do anything. Their natural "solution based" attitude that they have for everything else doesn't seem to apply when it comes to ttc for some reason. 

I totally get that you'd prefer to get pregnant naturally, I saw my friend go through IVF and it was incredibly difficult for her, the hardest thing she's ever had to do in terms of the emotional rollercoaster and the amount of times she had to have injections and procedures. Her body just wasn't her own anymore.  I really hope you do get pregnant naturally, it would be amazing. 

Babydust to all x
  • @EmPa welcome!  I would say just go for ttc if you and your other half feel ready. You never know how long it might take and you don't want to put your life on hold. X
  • I meant to also say, I'm on cd7 and ff reckons I'll ovulate on cd14 and premom predicts I'll ovulate on cd12. I'm starting to do the opks tomorrow. First time I've used them along with the app (I used the Clearblue digital opk in the past for one month where it shows the two smile days).
  • Emmagem said:
    @HippieMama4
    DHA is OMEGA 3 from my understanding. I buy Nestle Materna prenatal vitamins. Its a combo pack that comes with a multi vitamin and a DHA (omega vitamin). I forgot to mention I also have been taking Estrosmart PLUS vitamins. They help to balance hormones the same as Vitex (estro contains some vitex in it). I just couldn't find Vitex, but i have heard of lots of people having success with Estrosmart plus too.  It has already helped my cycle this month to get me to 26 days onstead of 24 and my cycle is also lighter, more like how it used to be.

@Revbomb
    Was the ultrasound on a specific day as well? I went for an u/s but all they did was look at the uterus, overies ect.. and say everything was fine. they never looked at my eggs...
    Sorry for the late response
    yea we did cycle monitoring
    so u start ur period 
    on 3rd day is ultrasound then 11 day u do another ultrasound and I did sono test
    they concluded from that and I was told my results
  • @HippieMama4 Thanks! My fingers are crossed for a natural pregnancy this time even though we did do IVF and FET last time. Since we are waiting for Covid to settle down to go to the Dr again I figured why not try? It's not like our chances are completely 0%, just under 2%  :p

I just downloaded the premom app yesterday. I'm intrigued by the chart it creates from the OPK. Good luck on this cycle! 

• @Boden definitely no harm in trying, someone has to be in that percentage! 😁 

Thank you, I'm really hoping it's our month this cycle x
  • Hey ladies, AF hasn’t arrived yet for me but I’m pretty sure I’ll be joining this group in the next 2/3 days. 
    Missing you all! 
    If so, I’ll be due AF 21st of August, so nearing the end again haha! 
    Hope you’re all keeping well and not driving yourselves too nuts xxx
This discussion has been closed.