Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Conflicting FSH and Follicle Count

Hello,

I am 30 and currently being referred for IVF after almost 2 years of trying to conceive with no success. I recently had my FSH, AMH and ultrasound follicle count checked the other day and my results were:
FSH - 17 (was 12.5 several months ago)
AMH - 5.5 
Follicle Count - 13 

My understanding is that the follicle count is normal, the AMH is borderline and the FSH is far too high. Has anybody else had conflicting results and how did you go with fertility treatment?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• @Mollymook I hope you are doing OK. Didn't want to read and run. I know how stressful those numbers can be. My fsh was 11 and I nearly passed out and I got amh done and it was 6.8. Never got follicle count done but yours is looking good.

What I will say is that fsh can change every month so try not to focus too much on that too much. I know with ivf they prefer fsh to be a bit lower but usually they just test each month until its in a good range.

My numbers were no barrel of laughs and I am currently pregnant, it's very early days but it goes to show those numbers aren't always everything. I had a short luteal phase of 8 to 9 days and begged consultant for progesterone which seems to have worked. And he had suggested potential ivf in 3 months time as my mum had early menopause...!

Good luck on your journey ❤️
  • Also I am 33 and consultant said age was the bigger factor and at 33 my eggs were young. So you are 3 years younger so eggs are likely better quality. But I started taking ubiquinol to improve quality. That could have been a factor too, I don't know xx
  • Thank you so much for your response Cheese - it really is reassuring!

Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy!  :)
  • Thank you @mollymook. Glad it's made you feel a little better. Good luck on your journey ❤️❤️❤️