Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Hoping for a BFP in August 2020

Replies

• Hi Girls 😊 didn't realise there was an august group ! I'm CD12 today ! Ovulation should be about CD20 to CD25 then af due approx the 15th or 16th august ! 

Good luck to you all 💕 

I would like to concieve this month before my little girls due date if I could! I think it would soften the blow a little! X
  • I am now 4dpo. Let's hope August is the month for everyone. July group had lots of success stories x
  • @Chloe888 I'm the same, my due date was August 26th, so this is my last shot before then. Finding it getting harder with the date getting closer rather than easier. 

CD8 for me today, usually ovulate around CD13. 
  • @Fairycakes88 yes my last shot too I was due on the 28th of August ! I feel exactly the same in one breath it was only april when we lost her which doesn't seem that long ago but it also feels like forever ago 💔 it is getting harder i think I really wanted to be pregnant with my rainbow for her due date just to soften the blow a little ! X
  • Hey all! 
    Hope everyone is doing good! Currently cd10 and ff is predicting I will ovulate around 16th Aug but who knows. Took a break from charting etc when af was here and finding it hard to get back into the flow, also went with pregnacare supplements and the male equivalent which I was going to start this cycle but I got in touch with my Dr's about my long cycles and they've sent me for blood tests so decided to put off starting in case it influenced my cycles or bloods. Don't know if it was the right thing but I can always start next month.
    Nervous about the results of my blood tests. Still waiting to hear about my hormone levels but the nurse has already been in touch to say I have a b12 deficiency and I will need injections. Has anyone else had any experience of this? Googling I have few symptoms except maybe fatigue and lethargy but I've always been a very tired person and it's hard to be motivated in lockdown 🤷‍♀️ I also saw somewhere it can screw with estrogen levels but not sure if that's influenced my long cycles. Excited for some answers but also terrified at the same time 😅😩
  • @Chloe888 I lost mine in February, discovered a MMC at the 12 week scan. Pregnancy stopped at 7 weeks and I still had really bad morning sickness the entire time so came as quite a shock. Hope we get our good news this month 🤞
  • @Fairycakes88 im so sorry to hear that ! I remember you from the due august 2020 group and think we have spoken on these threads before too! I hope we get our good news to ! I feel refreshed this cycle been away to Brighton for the week and feel a little more relaxed ! X
  • @Chloe888 Aww that's good! I'm going away for the day tomorrow with my boyfriend, his sister and her boyfriend. Looking forward to it. Have a trip to Scotland booked but it's not until October! X
  • HippieMama4HippieMama4 Regular
    edited Jul 26, 2020 12:17AM
    Hi to everyone that's joined since yesterday! 👋

Really hoping we get some good bfps this month, I think we're due some! 

Did my first opk this afternoon. Negative as expected as I'm only on cd8, but premom told me to start doing them once a day as it predicts I'll ovulate on cd12. Was excited to use it for the first time haha 🙈

Babydust to all x
  • Just wanted to pop in and say Good Luck to all you ladies <3 Big Hugs and Baby Dust <3
  • @Catlady220 Thank you, hope you are keeping well!!
  • @Fairycakes88 yes ma'am <3 i been doing good slowly getting over the fears <3 everythings seeming to fall into place <3
  • Thank you @Catlady220. I hope you're well x
  • Having a bit of an odd cycle this time.. I usually get LH surge on CD 13-15, and I get ov pains and sensitive breasts around ov too! This cycle, my LH looks darkest on CD 11 and then went down but didn’t actually surge(see pic).And I had the ov pains (much more mild) and sensitive breasts that day. No temp spike yet as it usually happens 2 days after a surge for me..any ideas? I’m assuming i didn’t surge/ ov yet, but my symptoms are suggesting otherwise! I’ll keep checking LH and temp in the meantime. Xx

(also for those who followed bfp July- I was 2 days late for af so maybe that’s why I’m Possibly ov earlier? Anyone had this happen?)

• Hi everyone, I am very new to this - any advice gratefully received! We're currently ttc our 1st. I hadn't planned on using OPKs or temping so I'm just using an period tracker app (been using it since I came off BC in Dec). We bd every other day during my fertile window so now I'm in the dreaded 2WW - I'm guessing I'm 7dpo and OH has gone away for a few days so left to my own devices I'm Googling symptoms like a crazy lady!!
    How does everyone else survive the 2WW?
  • @Emmagem ah ok. Are you in the USA? It's just that I'm in the UK and haven't seen the Nestle ones. Also, do you buy the Estrosmart ones online? I think that if I don't conceive this cycle then I may start on something like that. I'm currently on Pregnacare Conception multivitamins, am charting temps and going to start with opks in a couple of days.

@Boden it's like if it's found out that the male factor is the issue, they can't deal with it and instead of being like "Right, what do we need to do to fix it?" they sink into themselves and can't be bothered to do anything. Their natural "solution based" attitude that they have for everything else doesn't seem to apply when it comes to ttc for some reason. 

I totally get that you'd prefer to get pregnant naturally, I saw my friend go through IVF and it was incredibly difficult for her, the hardest thing she's ever had to do in terms of the emotional rollercoaster and the amount of times she had to have injections and procedures. Her body just wasn't her own anymore.  I really hope you do get pregnant naturally, it would be amazing. 

Babydust to all x
    Im in Canada! 
    I bought Estrosmart from a health store. I never order online, things sold online are Not regulated, and a lot of the time they are gimmicks!
    I just bought clear blue ovulation tests since they are supposed to be the most accurate. I was using the cheap ones from amazon and they seemed to work but i just want to see if these help.
    @Revbomb yes the CD 21 is a progesterone test. The doctor said he can tell by my progesterone if im ovulating. 

• @Kd050811 sorry didn’t want to read and run! 
    I’d say keep going, that’s what my OPKs looked like last month, up and down for a couple of days, then eventually I think CD13 I got a peak. I did it twice a day until it started getting high and then like every 3-4 hours lol 

@rebel.vegan good luck! Try and come up with a hobby or get all of those things done that you won’t be able to get done with a baby! 
    2ww can drive you nuts! 
    Fingers crossed it’s your month x
  • Emmagem said:
    @Emmagem ah ok. Are you in the USA? It's just that I'm in the UK and haven't seen the Nestle ones. Also, do you buy the Estrosmart ones online? I think that if I don't conceive this cycle then I may start on something like that. I'm currently on Pregnacare Conception multivitamins, am charting temps and going to start with opks in a couple of days.

@Boden it's like if it's found out that the male factor is the issue, they can't deal with it and instead of being like "Right, what do we need to do to fix it?" they sink into themselves and can't be bothered to do anything. Their natural "solution based" attitude that they have for everything else doesn't seem to apply when it comes to ttc for some reason. 

I totally get that you'd prefer to get pregnant naturally, I saw my friend go through IVF and it was incredibly difficult for her, the hardest thing she's ever had to do in terms of the emotional rollercoaster and the amount of times she had to have injections and procedures. Her body just wasn't her own anymore.  I really hope you do get pregnant naturally, it would be amazing. 

Babydust to all x
    Im in Canada! 
    I bought Estrosmart from a health store. I never order online, things sold online are Not regulated, and a lot of the time they are gimmicks!
    I just bought clear blue ovulation tests since they are supposed to be the most accurate. I was using the cheap ones from amazon and they seemed to work but i just want to see if these help.
    @Revbomb yes the CD 21 is a progesterone test. The doctor said he can tell by my progesterone if im ovulating. 

Ah ok! I know what you mean about not ordering online. Fingers crossed the Clearblue ones work 🤞x
  • @rebel.vegan welcome! I think the whole of the month is a nightmare for me. Waiting for ovulation, then waiting in the 2ww. I really dislike it, and seem to spend the whole month wishing it away. 😕😒 

Definitely agree with @RiaMushk that you need a hobby or something to take your mind off it all x
  • @RiaMushk are you still using the OPK? I had some that looked like it was getting darker but then got lighter and then darker again with a peak on CD13. Was actually surprised to see a Peak so suddenly and it was gone the second time I checked that day so I would have missed it and just had some high this month. 

@rebel.vegan Hi and welcome! I'm new to the boards and on my first cycle too. I missed being on a board when I was TTC 6 years ago and wanted that support system this time around again :smiley: The TWW does suck especially when you question every little thing that is going on in your body. The worse for me was always questioning if we BD correctly to catch the egg and also when AF would come. I'm staying positive this time around and if we fail for months on end, we are back to a FET. 
This discussion has been closed.