Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Hoping for a BFP in August 2020

Replies

• Emmagem said:
    Anyone doing the fertility diet??? or changing their diet?
    I am trying to eat healthy, but I dont have the best diet to begin with. Im just incorporating fruits, veggies and nuts daily. 
    Anyone have any super food suggestions, diets or routines they like?
    I’m trying to eat healthy
    eating fennel seed to help my period
    bug nothing yet
    i also have been eating sunflower seeds 
    eating more plant based 
  • @Emmagem I'm eating healthily and adding a handful of Brazil nuts each day as they're high in selenium, which is another great fertility nutrient.

I'm also doing daily yoga, following bettinarae on YouTube as she has videos for each stage of the cycle. They're really gentle, which is what I want as I worry that vigorous exercise will hinder conception. 

I also do fertility meditation every few days, which is wonderful for relaxation and focusing the mind.

I wear crystals and use aromatherapy oils as well, alongside the meditation and just in general. I realise that I sound like a complete hippy, hence my username, but to look at me I am very non-descript and people have no idea haha!

I used natal hypnotherapy with my last baby (planned home birth) which was absolutely the most empowering and amazing experience ever. So I'm used to meditation and alternative therapies etc.

@Ashwee2428 it's always best to just be sure 😉👍 x
  • @Emmagem I'm eating healthily and adding a handful of Brazil nuts each day as they're high in selenium, which is another great fertility nutrient.

I'm also doing daily yoga, following bettinarae on YouTube as she has videos for each stage of the cycle. They're really gentle, which is what I want as I worry that vigorous exercise will hinder conception. 

I also do fertility meditation every few days, which is wonderful for relaxation and focusing the mind.

I wear crystals and use aromatherapy oils as well, alongside the meditation and just in general. I realise that I sound like a complete hippy, hence my username, but to look at me I am very non-descript and people have no idea haha!

I used natal hypnotherapy with my last baby (planned home birth) which was absolutely the most empowering and amazing experience ever. So I'm used to meditation and alternative therapies etc.

@Revbomb I have never heard of fennel seed, but I will google for sure. I did hear sunflower seeds are good and also raw unsalted Almonds, which I have been eating a quarter cup a day now. I have also started eating avacado, asperagus, carrots and high fat dairy because I read high fat dairy and plant protein are important when TTC. i also cut down on wine lol I love wine too much, but i now only have a few glasses on Saturdays.

@HippieMama4 Love your hippie routine!! lol I also have some hippie traits myself. I will be heading over to Youtube in a minute to check out your recommendation on yoga. I have tried doing a 10 min work out each day but cant seem to stick to it. I forgot all about yoga!
    A while ago I was using my crystals for fertility but i dont think i was in the right head space at the time. I'm definitely feeling much better these days so im going to get back into it. i think i do some yoga and meditate with crystals after! sounds like something i can do for sure.

thank you! i will also google natal hypnotherapy, never heard of it but im intrigued!
  • @Emmagem, a fellow crystal lover lol! 🥰

I've attached a photo of the natal hypnotherapy cds I have that I used. I've uploaded them to my phone as I find it easier to listen to on that. Lots of people do hypnobirthing, which started in America and has travelled over here and been modified as its gone from company to company.

Natal Hypnotherapy is English and you used to be able to do courses in it, but I found the cds worked perfectly. A few friends have borrowed them and also found them to be wonderful. One of my friends ended up with a very traumatic emergency csection, baby resuscitated numerous times etc. She said that if she hadn't have listened to the cds and practised the techniques she wouldn't have coped with it all. She was calm and peaceful throughout. X

• @HippieMama4 yes! I love my crystals! A few months ago was the first time I used them for fertility, but i have quite the collection and its been growing for years. I used them on my son and in his room when he was having the worst nightmares for several months. I put some in his closet on the top shelf and some on his door frame, smudged the entire house and he has been perfectly happy since! 

Where did you buy the CD's from? And are they available online to down load any where?

• @Emmagem Oh that's brilliant! 😊 My girls wear crystal bracelets and anklets and have tumblestones under their pillows like I do. All different and relatable according to our own needs and the crystal properties. 

Did you smudge with sage? I really need to get some as someone comes into our house and brings an awful lot of negativity that I need to get rid of.

I just bought my cds from Ebay. The same music plays on all the cds so your brain recognises it. The first two have talking on and the music in the background, and the last one is just the music. On the birth music one I copied the songs I preferred to my phone (not all of them) and had them playing on a loop during labour/delivery. X
  • @HippieMama4 I used to carry some with me in my purse or in the  pockets of my jacket! 
    Yes I used sage, but I have also used mugwort (it's really good for clear dreams).
    I just found those CD's online! I really liked that there are CD's to help with the fear of labor and the pain of birth. I was terrified when I had my son 6 yrs ago!

• @HippieMama4 and @Emmagemim loving this convo. Fellow alternative remedies/ crystal lover over here.
    got my yoga teacher exam next week so I’ll definitely check out that cycle you mentioned as I am very much a believer that the body needs different movement according to where it is in the cycle. 
    I’m also trying to channel my feminine side more as I’d love a little girl (although I honestly am slowly beginning to not care at alL!) it just would be nice to balance the energies in our house at the moment.. even the cat is male! 
    I’m having reflexology weekly too by an amazing lady who is very in tune with energies and the body and mind being connected. 

It’s interesting you mention the pregnbacare tablets have improved your cm? I have found since having my son, I have barely any cm. I can just about barely see the ewcm, I have to really inspect it to check lol I used to get loads of the stuff! 
    I have purchased some of that conceive lube pippette things, As I feel that may improve my cm if I’m lacking? I remember someone on here had used them? 
    I just purchased more folic acid so reluctant to get the pregnacare tablets too! Saying that... I need to get my husband some so might as well get the his and hers and the folic acid can be taken when pregnant anyway! 🥳 
  • Emmagem said:
    @Emmagem I'm eating healthily and adding a handful of Brazil nuts each day as they're high in selenium, which is another great fertility nutrient.

@Revbomb I have never heard of fennel seed, but I will google for sure. I did hear sunflower seeds are good and also raw unsalted Almonds, which I have been eating a quarter cup a day now. I have also started eating avacado, asperagus, carrots and high fat dairy because I read high fat dairy and plant protein are important when TTC. i also cut down on wine lol I love wine too much, but i now only have a few glasses on Saturdays.

@HippieMama4 Love your hippie routine!! lol I also have some hippie traits myself. I will be heading over to Youtube in a minute to check out your recommendation on yoga. I have tried doing a 10 min work out each day but cant seem to stick to it. I forgot all about yoga!
    A while ago I was using my crystals for fertility but i dont think i was in the right head space at the time. I'm definitely feeling much better these days so im going to get back into it. i think i do some yoga and meditate with crystals after! sounds like something i can do for sure.

thank you! i will also google natal hypnotherapy, never heard of it but im intrigued!
    Fennel seeds are not recommended for pregnant women but I right now am just trying to get my period on it’s own
    plus it helps with digestion
    I’d skip that if you have no issues 
    I eat cottage cheese as well
    which has been a huge help in terms of keeping me full
    and adding protein 
  • @Emmagem, thanks to the natal hypnotherapy, I had no pain at all when I had my daughter. All I felt was pressure, literally no pain whatsoever. They never talk about pain, they want you to believe/trust that there won't be any, and if practised fully then there usually isn't. Everything is all positive and affirming and empowering for you and your other half. When I start practising it when I get pregnant (I remain hopeful that it will happen for us) I'm going to get dh to listen to it with me, because then he can say the phrases to me if he wants, so he's more involved. 

Yay @RiaMushk, another alternative therapy lover! 👏😍 Ooh, how exciting about your exam! Please do let us know how you get on! What day is it and do you teach a class/do a written exam? What happens?

I followed the Shettles method to conceive both my girls, and it worked. We dtd 5 days before ovulation then stopped.

Yes, the Pregnacare definitely has improved it. I've had virtually none for a couple of years, apart from lots of normal arousal fluid (sorry, tmi!). And yesterday and today I've been very wet. I would say it's been very much like ewcm though only stretched a bm or so. I have secretly put some Preseed in tonight as we need to start bding from today so I wanted to just make sure there was enough moisture to get the swimmers where they need to be lol. 🙈🤭

The folic acid will definitely come in for when you get pregnant, so it wouldn't hurt to buy the conception multivitamins whilst ttc 😉 x
  • @RiaMushkGood luck on your exam!

I am also hoping for a girl! My entire house hold is boys. My son is 6, my step son is 9 and we have 3 male cats and a male dog  :#

@Revbomb I hope fennel seeds help you cycle to come. Where are you at in your cycle currently? I believe you said your finishing your testing in August?! Then getting clomid, that’s exciting and coming soon?

@HippieMama4   Where was this 6 years ago?!? I had/ probably still have an irrational fear of birth lol! I ended getting a C-section with my son because my labor stopped 28hrs in:( 

My hubby was so upset he couldn’t come in with me because they also put me under during the c-section.

The next time I’d like to do a vbac if I can naturally and if I can get past the fear of the pain.

• Emmagem said:

@RiaMushkGood luck on your exam!

I am also hoping for a girl! My entire house hold is boys. My son is 6, my step son is 9 and we have 3 male cats and a male dog  :#

@Revbomb I hope fennel seeds help you cycle to come. Where are you at in your cycle currently? I believe you said your finishing your testing in August?! Then getting clomid, that’s exciting and coming soon?

@HippieMama4   Where was this 6 years ago?!? I had/ probably still have an irrational fear of birth lol! I ended getting a C-section with my son because my labor stopped 28hrs in:( 

My hubby was so upset he couldn’t come in with me because they also put me under during the c-section.

The next time I’d like to do a vbac if I can naturally and if I can get past the fear of the pain.

I had to delay the results appt a couple day
    i booked a training day for motorcycle track
    trying to get my fun in
    i haven’t had my period since June and that was on provera 
  • Good morning ladies. I am exhausted, cant wait to see 5pm today 😴. Off work tomorrow, cant wait to do nothing lol. Think I am 1 dpo today. Slow temp rise but had the same thing last month and thought I had ovulated late, then AF arrived right on schedule. So will obverse and see what happens over the next few days. 
  • Good morning ladies! How's everyone going? Im 8dpo today. I've been very good at trying not to symptom spot... With my first i went crazy and googled everything.. this time round (first cycle ttc #2) im just trying to ignore everything.. also cause my 1.5 years makes me run around all day so i dont really have time to think about how or what i feel! Although i do feel as if i am out this cycle, which is ok cause we've only just started trying! This morning i woke up and i was like ok 8dpo, no harm in starting to test...but then on the other hand AF is due next Tuesday, so im like just hold off ...im so undecided as what to do hahaha.. 

For anyone who has had multiple children, did you find that you started showing earlier on in your pregnancy after the first pregnancy? 
  • @HippieMama4 that is very interesting with the shettles method.... did it take you long to conceive with them though? Cause my worry is that it lowers your chances overall, and I’m starting to get so broody!!! 

I have read several theories, a lot of them mention diet too... high in magnesium and calcium is more girl friendly apparently. And not much meat! Are you veggie? That may explain it haha! 
    So if I got my peak on opk you would say that’s too close to ovulation? Cause that would be 1 or 2 days. Don’t know if I can afford those odds lol but I don’t think I’ll dtd on day of ovulation this time. Just to see! 
    Thank youuu, I have passed my theory already but due to covid the practical was delayed. So I’ve got to teach an hour class next week! 😬 I’m excited but a bit nervous, it’s more cause our mentor will be watching... I’ll have to forget she’s there! 

@em@Emmagem bless you, emergency c section is not fun. I had one but I still consider myself to have had a positive experience. I had a homebirth planned but was 42 weeks before going into established labour. Agreed to go hospital for a monitor, waters broke and there was meconium so it went downhill from there but I did hypnobirthing too and can honestly say it really helped me accept whatever was happening and not panic. Which I am usually prone to do! So I would highly recommend it, to achieve your vbac which you’re more than capable of! ✨✨✨ 
    lol the male energy in your house must be high too!!! 
    🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 Fingers crossed we get our girls!  
  • Hello there, well it's cd1 for me. Earlier than I expected, saved me using a FRER (silver lining and all that...). 

It's first month TTC though so I'm trying to stay positive. We're TTC  baby number 2. We were meant to start trying in May but kind of waiting to see whether COVID would subside a bit. I think we were a bit naive to think things would get back to normal so decided to stop holding it. Now part of me think we lost these 3 months but hey ho we can't change the past :) 

Our son is 17 months so BD is more of a challenge (gotta wait he's in bed haha). 
    I used to be regular but got AF 3 days now so I think I'll use OPKs this cycle. 
    Took us 6 months to conceive baby number 1 (with a MC and a chemical). 

I was told baby number 2 is easier so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

@EmPa : Your username sounds familiar, were you in the February 2019 group? 

Sending baby dust to all and hopefully lots of BFPs this month  :)

• @Mary58 yep its me! I remember you too! We had originally said yes for May too and then thought the same about Covid.. but im so ready now haha...

I caved and tested today at 8dpo. Silly of me because it was negative. But, im not due for another 6 days so i guess im still not out! I do feel like its not going to happen this month, but its ok! We're in no rush!
  • EmPa: ohhh hope it's positive! Glad to see you here again :) 

I tested at what I thought was 9dpo but since AF was 3 days early I'm not sure how many dpo I actually was. 

I've just ordered the clearblue ovulation kit for next month (man these are not cheap haha). 

Fingers crossed this is our month.
  • Hi cd7 for me and I'm with you all, it's our time. @Mary58 how strange, I came on 4 days early too, before I could tell you to the hour when i would start 27.5 day cycle i used to have, now I'm trying it seems to be all over the show haha.

It's crazy how many people are in the same boat, it's like sisterhood of the traveling sperm haha xx
  • I have Pcos and insulin resistance this month I was taking metformin and clomid it was my first cycle and I ovulated.... Tested this morning it was a faint positive .... Cud I be pregnant? 
This discussion has been closed.