Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Patch/pill.... How long did it take you to get your period back after stopping the patch/pill?

First month coming.off the patch and I had dizziness/nausea and the feeling to get/have the period (crumping).  How long did it take for you to get back to the first period and was there anything then time which helped?

Replies

• Mine took about 2 months to get into a bit of a cycle but still have long irregular cycles a year on. I was on the pill for 10 years though so not sure if this would of been the case if I hadn’t been on contraception 
  • I think everyone is different.....I was on the pill for 22 years and stopped in May this year. Within a few days I had a withdrawal bleed and then 28 days later in June I had my first proper period. I had a 27 day cycle and had my second period. I’ve also been tracking ovulation this month and showed peak 13 days into my cycle this month....so hoping for some good news! I do know that this isn’t the case for everyone and my understanding is that it can take some people months to get back to a regular cycle.