Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

moses baskets help

has anyone in the UK brought a moses basket from this company.? 

it says baby can only stay in it up to 4 months or 9kg or can sit up unaided. (does that mean it can go up to 6 months (ish)? its the only size moses basket that will fit by my bed. 

Replies

• Hi @Emma63
    We think it all depends on the size/weight of your baby. Some babies seem to outgrow their moses baskets really quickly, and others can take a little longer, so it all really depends on your baby, their weight and size. 

Have you looked at the various types of bedside cribs around? We have an article on them here
  • Hi @Emma63
    We think it all depends on the size/weight of your baby. Some babies seem to outgrow their moses baskets really quickly, and others can take a little longer, so it all really depends on your baby, their weight and size. 

Have you looked at the various types of bedside cribs around? We have an article on them here
    yeah but most of them are too wide for the side of my bed, i need something that is 60cm wide (base). 
  • @Emma63 is it going down the side near your bed? Hence the size?
  • Anyway look at Clair de lune, my stand is bang on 60cm 
  • VRob123 said:
    @Emma63 is it going down the side near your bed? Hence the size?
    yeah it is :) xx
  • VRob123 said:
    Anyway look at Clair de lune, my stand is bang on 60cm 
    is that 60cm wide 

what one have you got?? 
    like moses basket and stand?
  • Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited Aug 2, 2020 2:10PM
    I totally agree with what @DanielleMFM said. The basket will have estimates on how long it will last, but it will vary based on the baby. The weight limit and the guidance on being able to sit up are the important parts because that's to do with safety. But chances are your baby will be too long or too wide long before they're too heavy for the basket or sitting up unaided.

I felt my baby was a bit too big for his Moses basket when he was almost 10 weeks old. But he was almost 7 weeks premature, so if he'd arrived on time he would have only been in it for 3 weeks before I decided it looked too cramped for him. He probably weighed between 4-4.5kg and couldn't even lift his head, nevermind sit up  :D

This was his last night in it:

Most people I speak to normally seem to have their baby in a Moses basket for around 2 months or so.
  • There are quite a few cribs and bedside cribs that should fit your size requirements though. Lots of cribs seem to be around 55-60cm wide.