Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Toddler 2 years old limited speech

Lucyloo91Lucyloo91 Regular
edited Aug 8, 2020 12:32PM in Toddler
Hi everyone,

Just looking for some advice really....my son turns 2 in August and he has limited speech which I kind of expect still at this stage. Did anybody elses toddlers use the same word for other things they couldn't say? My son absolutely loves cars and he now says car for things he can't say is this normal?
Kind regards
X

Replies

• My daughter had very limited speech at two. Most things sounded the same. We had her assessed by a speech therapist and they weren't concerned at all. She is three now and her speech is a lot better. Not fully clear but attempts to say all words and speaks in sentences. She is very bright and can read basic words and count so we aren't worried. They all develop at different rates. 
  • Thank you for your comment :-) that has reassurred me, my two year old knows what things are but when he goes to say what it is he just says car but just putting it down to the fact he can say car. Can get quite tedious after a while haha
  • Yes lol, my daughter was exactly the same. Everything was cheese though with her. Lol
  • Hahaha aww bless her