Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

TTC August 2020 hoping September brings a BFP✨

Replies

• Hiya @Emmagem baby dust to you too✨ X
  • Hi familiar and non-familiar names. This will be my second month TTC and I am currently on CD4. Wishing you all the best this month.
  • @Kylie1987 Thank you :smile:
    Were you in the August chat as well?
    @Poca92 *fingers crossed* its our month this time!
  • Hey ladies, here i am. Month 2 of trying. I had a chemical pregnancy a few weeks ago. Im due to ovulate this weekend. I dont temp or anything.. i just know when i ovulate based on what my body shows me.. if this month doesn't work i may just try ovulation tests or something. Is anyone else just winging it??
  • Hey all, I came off the mini pill at the end of July. Currently awaiting ovulation to happen. Started temping 7 days ago as had no withdrawal bleed. Good luck all xx
  • Hiya Ladies!

im back on here to - AF left the building yesterday :) 
  • Hiya ladies..
    here’s to a August full of baby dust hopefully for us all. 
    @EmPa I have always winged it, this is my 5th pregnancy my 4th being nan this year and sadly had a missed MC. I’ve never used OV test And always just gone with apps/calender however this month I am and trying to listen to my body more. The premom app and test strips from amazon are great. I’m currently on CD10 today. X✨
  • Hello Ladies thought I would join you all! 
    Currently on cd11 with no sign of OV yet. Have started temping this month but unsure how accurate it is because I get up earlier mid week than I do weekends but been sticking with it and no obvious signs. 
    Also using opks which are still low readings. I am really trying this month not to get stressed but sometimes I cant help it.

Sending lots of babydust to you all! Hopefully this is our month. 
  • lots of baby dust to everyone! i hope you are all well and feeling positive! 

is it best to do opks with morning wee? or does it not matter? and is it best to do it at the same time everyday or near enough? 

thank you 
  • Hiya @Lauren0107 welcome✨Sending you lots of baby dust for this month. I’ve just ordered myself a femometre and going to start taking my bbt. When’s best to do this? New to trying to track OV I’m normally a go with the “FLO” app xx 
  • @Ashwee2428 they say you should do the ovulation strips in an afternoon after holding your wee for at least 2 hours. Apparently the surge happens between 12-8pm normally. X
  • hiya @Ashwee2428
    im also doing OPKs this month. I read in a forum on here previous that morning Urine isn’t recommended as can be quite concentrated. I’ve been testing around midday-2pm.. then from CD10 (today) I’m testing twice a day around midday and evening. Does this sound about right to anyone else @cheesecoleslaw86 I’ve seen on previous forums you have been on form with this. Could you help? Xx
  • @Kylie1987 thanks so much! I have just started temping this month but you need to take your temp as soon as you wake up in the morning and its best if you do this the same time every day (within 30 mins) i feel like my temps are all over the place but hoping the more i temp the more it will make sense. With opks it's recommended you dont use first wee but should hold it in for at least 2 hours prior to testing. Hope this helps 
  • @Kylie1987 when tracking bbt you need to do it at the same time every day, best to set an alarm. Limit movement as much as possible. I set alarm, grab thermometer, put it in my mouth without sitting up if this makes sense. I then log it on fertility friend xx
  • Thank you ladies for explaining. I’m currently on CD10 so would it be ok to start tomorrow morning. If I set an alarm for the same time every morning this month?
    this is going to sound crazy but I sleep with a fan on every night will this affect the results? X
  • Kylie1987 said:
    hiya @Ashwee2428
    im also doing OPKs this month. I read in a forum on here previous that morning Urine isn’t recommended as can be quite concentrated. I’ve been testing around midday-2pm.. then from CD10 (today) I’m testing twice a day around midday and evening. Does this sound about right to anyone else @cheesecoleslaw86 I’ve seen on previous forums you have been on form with this. Could you help? Xx
    Hi @Kylie1987 hope you're keeping well. When I was using opks I used the clear blue digital and the Internet cheapie ones (obsessive much). The clear blue ones you use your fmu but with the cheapies you don't. I think if you're testing mid day and evening you should catch your peak 😊 I liked thee clear blue ones as there was no guess work, but they are expensive month after month.

Great that you are starting bbt also. It's great for confirming ov as sometimes you can get a few peaks on any given cycle. Ttc is such a mine field, good luck. Anything else I can help with give me a wee shout 😊 xx
  • @cheesecoleslaw86 thank you so much for your reply.
    you've hit the nail on the head it really is a mine field. I started using ClearBlue digital last cycle just for a short while but yes it gets really expensive. I may grab myself some clear blue sticks too. Getting obsessive also!! I just don’t want to miss the window while I’m too busy with the cheapie ones. 😬x
  • @Kylie1987 yes would be okay to start tomorrow. When I temped before I started on first day of my period, but I ovulate early. I find it easier to set an alarm just in case. The fan could potentially have an impact if its blowing directly on your but tbh if you have it on every night it's likely to be consistent for you. Good luck with it 😊 xx
  • @Mrs_T. thanks so much. That makes sense. Another silly question, what sort of numbers am I looking for? Over 37? I’m so lost with this. Xx
  • @Kylie1987 it's not a silly question there's a lot to take on board with temping. I follow this guidance - Your body temperature dips a bit just before your ovary releases an egg. Then, 24 hours after the egg's release, your temperature rises and stays up for several days. Before ovulation, a woman's BBT averages between 97°F (36.1°C) and 97.5°F (36.4°C). After ovulation, it rises to 97.6°F (36.4°C) to 98.6°F (37°C). If you plot it on fertility friend it will tell you when you've ovulated xx
This discussion has been closed.