Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Early scan scare?

Hi, is it possible to have some feedback/advice. I naively had an early scan, at which I thought I was nearer 9 weeks - sonographer advised I was just over 5 weeks with no hb....I have a tilted uterus, but was able to see a fetal pole. In all honesty the sonographer was very down on the whole scan, I came away thinking the baby has died or just isnt growing? I have googled and basically made myself worse - I have no pains or bleeding and i still have symptoms of pregnancy, not every day but most. The biggest issue i have is I feel hungover and find it hard to eat. Anyway i have my NHS scan on 11/09/20, couple days after my 37th birthday. I now know this will not be my 12 week scan, but hopeful baby just has to catch up. My cycle is exactly consistent either, possible this has altered ovulation etc.

Thanks
L

Replies

• Hi, sorry to hear you’re going through this. I had a scan today. I thought I was 8 weeks but Sonographer said I’m measuring 5 and a half and no heartbeat seen. I’m stressing and panicking but also seen some stories saying that maybe I ovulated late, my cycle has also been irregular 26-31 days so possible I’m out a little. Dr Google also says that it’s quite common not to see the heartbeat with an abdominal scan at this gestation (I’m also plus sized). Trying not to panic but I am really worried xx
  • Hi @Loucille I am sorry you are going through this.....I want to say and I know it's a cliche but please stay positive..I googled myself out and I ended up making myself worse.   The only news I can give you from myself is that the first scan was slightly wrong, I went for another scan and there was growth of 4mm over 1 week....the hospital staff think my first scan wasnt easily measured  Unfortunately for me, I miscarried- anything over 7mm without a heartbeat is advised as a miscarriage - I was advised this on the Wednesday  and my body miscarried the next day.   After my above post, I bled for a week before my appointment at EPU and I have other health problems.  It hasnt put me off in any way, I will try again.  I am thinking of my lovely. X
  • Thank you for replying. I had another scan today at the EPU and they said I’m measuring 6 weeks but no FHB so I’ve to go back next Monday to be rescanned. I’m pleased to hear you will try again. Unfortunately, my husband is booked for a vasectomy so this felt like my little miracle. Trying to be realistic but still feel slightly hopeful xx
  • hi so I found out I was pregnant a week and a half ago I took a clear blue test wich came back 2-3 weeks pregnant, I had my first early scan yesterday and they said I’m measuring around 8 weeks and 3 days but my dates do not add up too then my last period was on the 15th off august and my cycle length is 31 I am very confused as they said their is no Heart beat so I haft to go back in a weeks time but I’m so pannic about this and not sure what too exspect in a weeks time , he done a normal ultra sound but could not see baby so he then does a internal scan and then could see the baby 
  • @Loucille hiya lovely. How did you get on? I’m in the same position! Went for an early scan thought j was 9 weeks and was 6 with no hb? Xxx
  • @emmacharEmma Charlotte said:
    @Loucille hiya lovely. How did you get on? I’m in the same position! Went for an early scan thought j was 9 weeks and was 6 with no hb? Xxx
    Hi,

unfortunately I miscarried later that week. Do you have another scan booked? It is possible your dares are slightly out or that your uterus is in a tilted position and so the heartbeat isn’t visible. Lots of love to you, I will keep everything crossed for you and your baby xx
  • Loucille said:
    @emmacharEmma Charlotte said:
    @Loucille hiya lovely. How did you get on? I’m in the same position! Went for an early scan thought j was 9 weeks and was 6 with no hb? Xxx
    Hi,

unfortunately I miscarried later that week. Do you have another scan booked? It is possible your dares are slightly out or that your uterus is in a tilted position and so the heartbeat isn’t visible. Lots of love to you, I will keep everything crossed for you and your baby xx
    I’m pretty sure on dates but I know implantation can take up to 12 days but I don’t know if I just want to believe that. I had peak day on 6th September so ovulation was probably couple days after that. I have a scan booked for next Friday! I really hope it’s not another missed mc like July xxx
  • Loucille said:
    @emmacharEmma Charlotte said:
    Hi,

I’m pretty sure on dates but I know implantation can take up to 12 days but I don’t know if I just want to believe that. I had peak day on 6th September so ovulation was probably couple days after that. I have a scan booked for next Friday! I really hope it’s not another missed mc like July xxx
    The wait is awful isn’t it? I hope they’re wrong. I read a story of a lady that had a scan and there was no baby so they said it was w blighted ovum then 2 weeks later baby was normal size for 11 weeks and wriggling around xx 
  • I really hope that’s the case for me as I’ve already been through this in July! I just don’t understand xxx
  • I really hope that’s the case for me as I’ve already been through this in July! I just don’t understand xxx
    Im so sorry xx