Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Almost Three Weeks Late But Negative Pregnancy Tests

Hi everyone! 

I am two and a half weeks late for my period. I'm not on birth control but my partner and I use condoms or withdrawal method. We were pregnant last October but lost it in November. I've now taken four pregnancy tests that were negative. I can't tell if I have symptoms of pregnancy, psychosomatic symptoms or PMS symptoms. I'm exhausted, moody, constipated, either not hungry at all or STARVING, I have some breast heaviness but not necessarily tenderness and nipple soreness.
Should I take another test, see a doctor or wait it out? Four false negatives feels impossible to me. 

Replies

• Oh, I also have a lot of discharge happening. Enough that I thought my period started a few times. It’s clear and thinner than normal. I’ve been getting headaches too. I’m just worried that I’m piling on every day issues and saying it’s pregnancy despite the four negative tests I took. 
  • Did you find anything else out? I am now 11 days late and have never missed a period in my life. I also have symptoms and negative pregnancy tests. I don’t think you’re going crazy I’ve actually read many stories about women who found out they’re pregnant late.
  • I haven't found anything out yet and still haven't gotten my period. I'm going to set up an OBGYN appointment ASAP to get a blood test done. How many tests have you taken?
  • I haven't found anything out yet and still haven't gotten my period. I'm going to set up an OBGYN appointment ASAP to get a blood test done. How many tests have you taken?
    I’ve probably taken 7 tests since the first day I missed my period. It’s driving me crazy I really haven’t been able to relax because I’d love to know if I’m pregnant or not. So I don’t drive myself insane I’m waiting a few days between each test I take and if I don’t get my AF by the end of September I’m going to set up an appointment. My husband have been trying all month and this is the first time in my life I’ve missed my period so I’m pretty sure I’m pregnant, but who knows. 
  • emicc said:
    I haven't found anything out yet and still haven't gotten my period. I'm going to set up an OBGYN appointment ASAP to get a blood test done. How many tests have you taken?
    I’ve probably taken 7 tests since the first day I missed my period. It’s driving me crazy I really haven’t been able to relax because I’d love to know if I’m pregnant or not. So I don’t drive myself insane I’m waiting a few days between each test I take and if I don’t get my AF by the end of September I’m going to set up an appointment. My husband have been trying all month and this is the first time in my life I’ve missed my period so I’m pretty sure I’m pregnant, but who knows. 
    Well I hope you find out soon! I'll update with results when I get them. It's such a weird feeling. I'm starting to feel a little crazy myself.
  • emicc said:
    I haven't found anything out yet and still haven't gotten my period. I'm going to set up an OBGYN appointment ASAP to get a blood test done. How many tests have you taken?
    Well I hope you find out soon! I'll update with results when I get them. It's such a weird feeling. I'm starting to feel a little crazy myself.
    Yes keep me updated! 
  • Hey! Wanted to keep you updated I went three days without testing and tested again this morning (14th day past period) and got my BFP!
  • emicc said:
    Hey! Wanted to keep you updated I went three days without testing and tested again this morning (14th day past period) and got my BFP!
    oh my gosh I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! I got my period today but at least I know what's going on for sure now! 
  • emicc said:
    Hey! Wanted to keep you updated I went three days without testing and tested again this morning (14th day past period) and got my BFP!
    oh my gosh I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! I got my period today but at least I know what's going on for sure now! 
    Thank you! And that’s good I agree I was hoping for either my period or a positive, so no more going crazy. 
  • HI @emicc! Did you go to you gynae after getting BFP? How many weeks were you tested positive? Congratulations! :)
  • Post withdrawn