Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Early pregnancy - why am I bleeding?

Replies

• I am 10 weeks pregnant and I have been bleeding I've had a scan and the baby has a heart beat but the gp said they can see bleeding around the sack! I've been told not to strain, but that's pretty much it! Is this normal, I'm so worried I mayb losing my baby!
  • Sallyc,

What was the outcome of your situation? Im experiencing the very same symptoms and am not certain what to do. I know if I go to A&E that there's nothing they can do. I've been bleeding (bright red) since Friday(2 days) and cramping like crazy. First appointment is schedule in 3 days and Im trying to just hold out until then....Your advice?
  • Hi

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and I was bleeding for 5 days, I did an ultrasound and still showed a positive results. What could be happening to me?
  • I found out I was 6 week preg 5 days ago and today had normal bleeding with brown with heavy cramps doctor says I sound like I've miscarried bit I'm still hoping anyone had this and was still pregnant??
  • Ladies, I am not a doctor, but I just want to share what my doctor told me. I am 6 weeks, 2 days right now. I had cramping and brown spotting for 10 days. I was scared too. The thing to remember is that if the bleeding is more than an actual period, bright red in color with some clots, and your cramping gets worse with time, then you need to go to the ER. If it's not that bad, then please try not to worry. Yu could be cramping and bleeding for many reasons. You could have implantation bleeding, or your uterus is stretching, or your placenta can be attached to a certain area that is causing soreness. Keep thinking positive. All will work out in the end. :-)
  • Hello ladies il share my story

baby number 1 i was 5 weeks and started bleeding went for early scan all was fine 2 weeks late rescanned all was still fine my little boy was born august 2012 8lb 14oz 

baby number 2 may 2013 found out i was pregnant and at 5 weeks started bleeding this went on for 15 days and sadly ended as a natural m/c in july, i had scans and it showed baby growing but still ended as a m/c

baby number 3 october 2013 found out i was pregnant again and over the moon! 6 weeks started bleeding, sent for scan got to see babies heart beating away was bleeding for 10 days went back for my 2nd scan to be told baby had died yet again! had to have a d&c xmas eve 

I would say out of my own experiance that any bleeding should be checked out! as horrid and as sad as it is there is nothing the doctors,midwifes can do if it ends in a m/c and i also found blaming myself didnt help one bit! its a horrid thing for any lady to go through and i also found myself asking the question WHY a lot.

You read so many stories about people bleeding for weeks whilst being pregnant and all being ok, i hoped this is what was happen to me the second time but sadly it was not ment to be. 

Lets hope 2014 is a better year and i get my sticky belly fruit xx

• can anyone ease my mind abit Im 7 weeks pregnant and woke up with really sore abdomen and today I started bleeding it was like watery brown and now its like dark red and ive still got a sore stomich not painful though what can this be? please help ahhh
  • I am convinced that Im having a miscarriage.. Im 7 weeks pregnant and been bleeding since 10.15pm on Thursday night.. I've had pains in my lower stomach for past 5 weeks but seem to be getting worse. I've seen 2 doctors this week and went to A&E lastnight.. all said my blood,urine and pressure are fine but say i need to get scan done.. but can't get one till Tuesday.. i am petrified and annoyed that no one can offer me a earlier scan.. any advise ladies???
  • Hello ladies.
    I am currently 9weeks pregnant. Well that's what the docs say as they count it from my last period the 12/5/20 but I know for fact I conceived on 25/5/20 So yeah I'm 9wks but my baby is 7.
    I have been getting a light brown colour mixed in with my discharge but no pains. There's SO much that can cause bleeding. I find that it happens the most when I strain for a num2.
    The colouring has been stopping and starting since Wednesday night. It's now Sunday. I will keep popping back to update what happens and what I am told. I also happen to be at the point my period would have been to the day. This can happen at week 4 or 8. I hope you all have healthy pregnancies.
  • Hi @KarmaD we're sorry to hear about your spotting, but thank you for posting on this article, as we're sure it will be helpful for other reading it. While we're here, we wanted to let you know, we have a lovely Pregnancy chat forum right here, and also if you wanted to meet other women due the same time as you, we have our birth clubs over here. We'd love to see you join one :blush:
  • Hi 👋 I just want to ask I am not sure yet If i am Pregnant or it is just my period delays. I started light spotting July 29, 2020 brownish color. My period supposedly start August 1, but then it is still spotting until August 4, 2020. I feel some cramping in my lower back, tingling sensation in feet and hands for about 2 days then last August 5, 2020 I experience medium bleeding that was like first day of my period but usually this date will be my last period if I count from August 1. This will be my first time experiencing delays in my period because usually I am 28 days.. my first day of my last menstruation is July 4, 2020. Today is July 6, I am still observing if I have still bleeding and it is not light blood. I am just confusing if it is my delayed period or implantation bleeding? Thank you for the answer.
  • Hi @Momcy thank you for your question, but can we suggest you come over to our main chat forum and post your questions there? You can find it right here
  • Hi @KarmaD we're sorry to hear about your spotting, but thank you for posting on this article, as we're sure it will be helpful for other reading it. While we're here, we wanted to let you know, we have a lovely Pregnancy chat forum right here, and also if you wanted to meet other women due the same time as you, we have our birth clubs over here. We'd love to see you join one :blush:
    Wow that's super. Il be sure to check them out now. 
  • Hi, @KarmaD how did it go please? I have just read your post. I’m 5 weeks and also spotting, as of today (22nd) and also on 20th, no bleeding in between 20th and 22nd though. It’s very light. I’m worried there could be something wrong. Any advice or anyone’s experience with this would be appreciated please :(
  • Hi I'm 5 weeks +4 and am bleeding also I am so scared I'm miscarrying I feel like a failure I have lost two other pregnancies one at 23 weeks and one at 10 weeks I can't sleep or eat and am sat here praying the bleeding will stop. The doctor won't see me until Friday to do a blood test.
  • @Cp23 ah it’s awful isn’t it. I hope we are both ok and it’s nothing to worry about. We can only hope xxx
  • I am 4 weeks and 5 days I’ve had light bleeding since Monday I’m petrified, I my HGC hormones was 7.02 yesterday got another blood test tonight and will find out the results tomorrow
  • Dee1984 said:
    I am 4 weeks and 5 days I’ve had light bleeding since Monday I’m petrified, I my HGC hormones was 7.02 yesterday got another blood test tonight and will find out the results tomorrow
    Hi @Dee1984thank you for your comment. Can we suggest you come over to our main chat forum and post your questions there? You can find it right here. Just hit the pink New Discussion button to post.
  • Hi I’m 5 weeks 3 days and I’ve started bleeding today I’m waiting on to see a doctor but I’ve had 2 miscarriages before I had my son anyone else experienced this x
  • Hi I'm 5weeks and 6 days but noticed bleeding last night should I be worried or not, I have been ttc for 23 yrs now.