Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

In need of a really good whinge and whine.....

Hi ladies,

I am really fed up, I've had a pants week and I'm feeling really sorry for myself...

I have suffered with back pain over the last 14 years (I'm 31) which has progressivly got worse especially during this pregnancy...

last tuesday I was diagnosed with osteoarthiritis and a partially prolapsed disc in my spine, which has made even walking any distance very painful as I get bigger...I'm frustrated as I am limited to what I can do with my daughter and even round the house..Grrrrrrrrr...I'm only 24 weeks and they can't start any treatment until after LO arrives and the pain will increase as I get bigger...

Then on friday I got some grotty tummy bug which resulted in me getting piles (lovely) which has now become thromosed and I can hardly walk I'm in so much pain and my doc is off sick...

Oh yeah and I got a migraine yesterday which is now on its way out!!!!

My body shape is also getting me down, with my lo I carried all in front but this time I'm carrying all around and I look awful (I was a size 18 pre pregnancy) so many people have commented on how big my bum and hips are and I feel so self concious...I really look like I have a spare tyre shoved up my top...

I am so happy to be having our baby after two m/c...but I have to say this pregnancy has sucked big time...constant exhaustion, still got morning sickness, migraines, giant arse and ruddy thrombosed hemorrhoid...

I feel really low and tearful and annoyed with myself as I should be happy after 2 years ttc and 2 m/c...but in all honesty I cannot wait for this pregnancy to be over and I am not having any more, even though hubby is already talking about no.3, to which my reply was, 'i wonder who that will be with because it won't be me'!!!!

I just keep focusing on holding our son in 16 weeks time and how happy we will be!

thanks for reading my trivial crap and feel free to slap me round the face with a wet fish...

Sarah
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Hello babe you are not on your own i too have had a really miserable pregnancy i am now 36+5 and want this baby out now i am struggling to walk and i know a lot of my friends just think get a grip love i know your uncomfortable but your only pregnant. UNCOMFORTABLE! If only! Im 34 and lucky to be pregnant but its just unfair that we are going through all these problems and yes it will all be worth it when baby comes but pain is a hard thing to deal with day in and day out. I just try and keep my sense of humour and failing that have a good cry when oh has gone to work! Oh and am eating a packet of choc digestives every day that makes me feel better we are pregnant we are supposed to be fat!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hi Sarah
    I'm really sorry you are feeling so down about things u poor thing. I can sympathise - my last pregnancy was hell. I had bad sickness, piled on loads of weight and then at 20 weeks, i was rushed to hosptial for emergency operation for what I can only describe as an enormous sceptic boil on my spine! I then got more boils on the insides of my thighs for the following weeks and I couldn't walk for weeks - doc told me to bathe them and they would eventually go. They did go in the end but i spent many an occasion crying in pain in my local dr surgery!!! I then had high blood pressure and had to stay in bed for the last 4 weeks. Was awful and I was seriously put off having any more kids and it has taken 4 yrs to be persuaded but now i am 19 weeks with 2nd and so far (touchwood) things are going well for me.
    You have every right to feel down with every thing that you are going through and i wish i could say something to make you feel better. its a cliche but it will all fade and become insignificant once you hold your son in your arms.
    I hope you feel better soon - hang in there, it will all work out in the end.
    Love Claudia xxxx
  • Hi there, sorry to hear how crap ur feeling!! If it makes u feel better let it all out i dont mind listening!! i aint going no where in this weather lol.
    wot u need is a gud dvd and a big box of chocs c if that will help, if u need to chat u can email me with link below, av u got msn? xxx
  • Hi sweetie, Heres a big hug for you, get ready to catch......... sending
    xxxxxxx
  • Thanks everyone...

It isn't helped by the fact that my parents live in America and OH parents live in Cumbria (we're in london) so we don't get any family support to help out with our lo...

Apparently today is the most depressing day of the year...

My lo is in nursery for the next few days so I'm gonna have some quality duvet time and watch a boxset of 24 with a box of choccies!!!!

I just feel guilty for feeling so crappy when I know so many people who would give thier right arm to be where I am at the moment...

Westbrom_1....uncomfortable, please if only it was just that, some people just don't understand do they...I'm pinching one of your choccy digestives....

ClaudiaT....bloody hell with the boils, that sounds terrible you poor girl...It's strange how no 2 pregnancies are the same, my first was a breeze, morning sickness till 12 weeks and then fine including a short labour of 6 hours...Geez at this rate it'll take 3 days to get this one out!!!!

Nezy, thanks chick I am so doing the choccies and dvd's this week, sorry I'm not on msn but thanks anyway...

Zoey85 good luck over the next 26 weeks and I bet you change your mind about another one further down the line, lol...

*catches dottie_pottie's hug* cheers chick well needed and should tide me over until OH gets back

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx