Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Painful miscarriage today

I think I was 7/8 weeks pregnant. Yesterday felt unwell then had bleeding and lost a huge clot. Bleeding stopped. This morning it started again. Really painful almost felt like contractions. Crying with the pain. Finally passed what I know is the baby and pain had been better. Bleeding heavily still. Is it normal to have so much pain? I’ve miscarries before at 5 weeks and it was no where near as painful. The pains been so intense I can’t even feel sad just want it too stop 

Replies

• Hi Hun, I’m so sorry you’re going through this again. Sending big hugs. Miscarriages can vary in pain each time and differ for each person. It’s definitely a good idea to speak to your doctor so they can at least record the miscarriage on your notes and check you over especially as you’re in pain. Have you taken any painkillers? Is the pain on one side as this can be a sign of an ecpotic. A hot water bottle also helps ease the cramps too. Please be kind to yourself, take care x 
  • Firstly Hugs, miscarrage is awful and so upsetting so I just want ro send you some hugs. Try and take it easy if you can. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks and it is one of the most painful experiences of my life. It was worse than full term labour. If you are finding the pain bad do check with your doctor, they can help with pain relief but also check you over x 
  • thanks for your replies. I managed to get through yesterday with a few baths and codeine. Luckily today the pain is so much better I just feel tired and sore. It’s definitely put me off trying again though. This wasn’t a planned pregnancy and I feel really guilty now. It helps knowing I’m not alone though 
  • Sorry you’re going through this . I had that last year .  But it’s obvious this one is more painful hun beavsue the baby was bigger this time . I think the further you are and you misscatry it’s more painful . 
  • @Honey83 I'm so sorry you're going through this, it's one of the worst feelings in the world and you feel so helpless. I hope the pain and bleeding passes soon, definitely seek to guidance from your gp so they can record it and offer you advice and support.
    I had a miscarriage last December and I felt completely lost for a long time. Be kind to yourself and let your body heal x