Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help please! Relationship and children advice.

Aim33mAim33m New
edited Oct 7, 2020 3:19PM in Relationships
Just posting for a bit of advice, me and my OH of 3yrs have separated and he wants us to receive couples counselling and get our relationship back on track. We have 3 children and they were in bed late last night when we had a disagreement, normally if we disagree we have a conversation and sort things out, but yesterday was different for some reason. The argument got heated and he shouted and then grabbed my shoulders to which I reacted brushed him off and accidentally scratched him, we have never had anything like this happen before nor do I believe him to be a bad person. 

OH proceeded to call the police on the basis he thought I wasn’t allowing him to leave, the police come round and had a chat and informed me they would have to pass it onto the mash team because my children were upstairs in bed when the incident occurred. 

My children are my main priority and if I thought he was a danger to them I would not be considering trying to fix the relationship. 

My question is if social services are involved are they going to allow us to get the correct help or will he have to stay away from the family home? 

Replies

• Hey, I hope you are ok and have been able to sort things out a little.

everyone has arguments and as you have stated this was out of character for yourselves, however it is an escalation. It is likely that someone may call you or visit to find out a bit of information about the situation. This is not a certainty and they may look at the situation and have no concerns.

do not be afraid of any support that may be offered. Social services are not out to destroy families and will encourage you to get help and support. They are likely to be pleased that you want to have counselling. Obviously is arguments continued then maybe they would make other suggestions. 

The important thing is to take one day at a time. Focus on what you want and the best way to do that. 
  • Mum777Mum777 Regular
    edited Oct 16, 2020 7:45AM

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines

• Mum777Mum777 Regular
    edited Oct 16, 2020 7:45AM

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines

• @Aim33m please try not to worry I had ss involved when my 11 year old was 10 months, the police were involved and it was them who ordered my ex to stay away as I was a victim of domestic violence. SS offered us any support we needed or wanted but as they could see we were trying to work things out and he was trying to change they didn’t take any further action. He was charged by the police and SS said if anything else happened then they would step in but it sounds like you had more of a minor disagreement than anything violent so it will be fine. Good luck working things out x