Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Breast reduction and breast feeding

Hi
I was wondering if anyone out has had the experience of a breast reduction then gone onto breast feed?
I had a breast reduction about 4 years ago and was told it may not be possible to breast feed if I became pregnant.
Due to severe endometriosis I have always been told chances of me having children were very slim, so went for surgery as I was a 32 g/h cup and was very uncomfortable. the op was a great success.
I am now over the moon as Im 27 weeks pregnant!
I have started to leak colosum which I guess is a good sign.
Would love to hear from other peoples experiences.
Thanks
Rachael x:\)

Replies

• No sorry hun, i cant help ya there. i'm guessing that the leaking is a very good sign though coz its showing that the milk will be able to get through. Goodluck!

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev112pp___.png

• I assume that leaking is def a good sign, I am the opposite to you I had breast Implants and was worried I couldn't bf, I have not started leaking yet so getting worried but have been told it could happen at any time.

I was told the chances were slimmer if you had a reduction as they remove the nipple, perhaps its worth getting hold of the surgeon or suregery that did your operation and see what they say.

C
    xx
  • Hi Rachael. I think you will be able to breastfeed a little but probably not exclusively. It's definitely worth checking though. xxxxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/Akv50/.png

• Congrats on your pregnancy - do you have feeling in the nipples? If so, I believe its a sign that the nerves tissues have connected properly so there's a good chance you will be able to breast feed. Good Luck, Karys 30 weeks xx
  • Thank you for all replying.
    Im keeping my fingers crossed that I may be able to but if I cant Ive accepted it as my the operation has made such a difference to my life. Mind you having said that in my pregnant state thet are growing rapidally! Hopefully not to an H cup!!
    Rachael x