Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

due date confusion!

Hi everyone, so on Sunday i got a pregnant 1-2 on a clear blue digital, the day before got a positive test ( quite dark) now my question is my last period was the 30th September and lasted 4 days. I had my coil out in June, I’ve had a 30 day cycle and a 21 day cycle so I’m not sure when this month period was actually due? the midwife said around the 6th July Id be due but having a 1-2 on a clear blue I must have been 4 weeks that day surely as can you actually test at 3 weeks? Thankyou 

Replies

• Lauren465 said:
    Hi everyone, so on Sunday i got a pregnant 1-2 on a clear blue digital, the day before got a positive test ( quite dark) now my question is my last period was the 30th September and lasted 4 days. I had my coil out in June, I’ve had a 30 day cycle and a 21 day cycle so I’m not sure when this month period was actually due? the midwife said around the 6th July Id be due but having a 1-2 on a clear blue I must have been 4 weeks that day surely as can you actually test at 3 weeks? Thankyou 

• Essentially you add 2 weeks to the clear blue, to allow for ovulation. So 1-2 weeks is 3-4 weeks. You may have ovulated early/late, or implanted early/late which can affect when exactly your pregnancy will show up on tests. Putting your last period date in to the NH calculator gives a due date of July 7th (assumind a 28 day cycle). Hope that helps!
  • Essentially you add 2 weeks to the clear blue, to allow for ovulation. So 1-2 weeks is 3-4 weeks. You may have ovulated early/late, or implanted early/late which can affect when exactly your pregnancy will show up on tests. Putting your last period date in to the NH calculator gives a due date of July 7th (assumind a 28 day cycle). Hope that helps!
    Thankyou for replying! That’s the problem as I had a 30 day cycle then a 21 day cycle so I’m not sure when my period was due this month.. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • That won't matter, as the NHS always work off your last known period, rather than when the next one was due. They'll use that estimate and then update it at your 12 week scan :)
  • That won't matter, as the NHS always work off your last known period, rather than when the next one was due. They'll use that estimate and then update it at your 12 week scan :)
    Thankyou for explaining! My son is 3 so haven’t done this in a long time lol! X