Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you think everything is ok?

Hi all!

Is it normal for the pregnancy hormone to level out at around 11 weeks? I'm 11 weeks on Monday and terrified that something has happend to my little pip.

I have no reason to say this other than any smptoms I did have seem to have disappeared. I was having bad trapped wind (nice!) sore swollen boobs, tiredness, the odd feeling of nausea but now apart from being tired (and I've always been a bit of a lazy cow!!) I don't feel anything really. My boobs are still a bit swollen but they don't hurt as much and they seem to have shrunk slightly. I have done a pregnancy test every week since I first got my BFP and I'm still getting a positive.

I know everyone is different but I'm starting to panic a bit now. My scan is a week on wednesday and I'm terrified they wont be able to find a heartbeat. I know we all feel this but has anyone else experienced the same thing where their symptoms seem to disappear at around this time?

Jessica x

Replies

• hiya jessica, i know its hard but try not to worry, i felt sick, had heart burn, sore boobs and even period pains, but the sickness seem to ease off all of asudden at bout 10 wks ish and im now 33 wks! i hope that helps hun, and im sure everything is fine xxxx
    http://bd.lilypie.com/KNOip1/.png

• LOL why are you doing a pregnancy test every week?
    If you are still getting a positive then I am sure everything is just fine. You are approaching the 2nd trimester where most of the symptoms of early prgnancy disappear so relax a little.
  • LOL why are you doing a pregnancy test every week?

Self reassurance!! I'm 10 weeks today and I'm still doing them once a week
  • Thanks for your replies girls. It makes me feel better.

I have no idea why I do a test every week!! I know it's crazy but I've never had loads of symptoms so it's stops me from worrying toooooo much! Tee he!

I will try and chill a bit and wait it out till my scan, god this pregnancy lark is so worrying!! xx
  • normal to worry hun i was practically dragged to my scan last time as i was sure i had imagined it all even though i was really ill!! x
  • Hey November baby - according to everything I've read this is totally, totally normal. If you Google "hCG levels" and click on "images" you'll see lots of graphs all showing how hCG peaks at around 8 - 10 weeks & then drops. This is quite a clear one:

http://www.dml.co.nz/hbook/5a7b0ab.htm

Hope that helps.
  • Ooooo thanks for that PinkToothbrush, that has made me feel loads better. Roll on my scan now is all I can say, I will be so reassured then.

Hopefully I'm just one of the lucky ones with very few symptoms at this stage - bet I wont be saying this in a few months time!! xxx
  • See to me that is utter madness but whatever makes it easier for you.
  • Hey Novemberbaby, no problem. I've been reading up obsessively and like you and MrsT & I reckon many others, I'm doing at least one pg test a week for reassurance. I'm worried that my lines will get fainter when hCG starts to drop & it'll send me into a panic..... maybe I should just stop testing!

I'm only 6+4 & I wish I had some symptoms to speak of too! Have sore boobs and nausea, but it's so mild I often wonder whether I'm imagining it.
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we could all be as confident as Elsbeth :roll:
  • can i just say dont waste ur money doing tests!! i did that then i read that even if something was wrong i.e mmc u would still get a positive test so there is no point anyway! everything will be fine! i had no symptoms except more cm and tired but that dissapeared after 8 weeks! i still have nothing!!

princess and millie 20+2
  • if u want to do a test, u do one! its up2 u at the end of the day!
    xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/KNOip1/.png

• All my symptoms stopped at 10 weeks hun. I only had tiredness and sore boobs though! That completely went and I didn't feel pregnant at all until about 14 weeks when the bump started to grow! I have had nothing since other than a few cramps (stretching probably) but now I can feel her move every day!
    Believe me it doesn't stop me worrying though and I listen to my doppler most days! It's just natural I guess for us to worry as we want something so much.
    Good luck.

Rachel.
    26+4. xxx
  • Hi! The only symptom I even had was bad sickness (seemed to bypass all the others, even sore boobs which is really common) and it went almost completely at 10 weeks. I went from throwing up most mornings and feeling yuck throughout the day to feeling absolutely fine.

I wouldn't keep doing the tests because it is a waste of money, and even if you had a miscarriage they would still show positive! xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/Akv50/.png

• oh believe me pink, I was not confident at lall, I had the odd day when I thought my baby had gone and I am still not having the greatest of times now so the comment about it being great to be as confident as me can be taken back thanks coz I never said I was I just sad i thought it was madness because as has been said you would still get a positive readng anyway and it's not like tests are cheap.

I am sorry but I am of the opinon once you have had a positive test then you are pregnant till you either bleed or you get told otherwise. All the tests in the world won't keep a baby there. If it is going to go then it is going to go.

And yes before you say it, I have had mscarraiges so I know exactly what it is like to be told you have lost a very much wanted child.
  • I think it might have been the way you came across in your other posts Elsbeth, you certainly made me feel like you were laughing at us for being so paranoid :cry:

And maybe tests do still come up as positive if mc happens but ignorance is bliss isn't it? I'm not expecting to mc like I doubt any of us are, but it's still nice to see the lines appear
  • If i am honest I was kinda laughing because all people seem to do nowadays is worry.
    Stress can cause miscarraiges ladies and if you read all the crap that says what you can and can't do and go by the boook then you will work yourself up into a tizz and that alone can cause problems.
    I haven't had a test with this one where I have seen the lines appear, all I had was a nurse in the EPU tell me I was pregnant.
    I dunno, maybe it is coz it is my 3rd but seriously testing every week is just plain neurotic IMO.
    Once a month maybe I could understand but blimey...
  • If i am honest I was kinda laughing because all people seem to do nowadays is worry.
    Stress can cause miscarraiges ladies and if you read all the crap that says what you can and can't do and go by the boook then you will work yourself up into a tizz and that alone can cause problems.
    I haven't had a test with this one where I have seen the lines appear, all I had was a nurse in the EPU tell me I was pregnant.
    I dunno, maybe it is coz it is my 3rd but seriously testing every week is just plain neurotic IMO.
    Once a month maybe I could understand but blimey...

My pregnancy was confirmed by blood test, I didn't test myself untill 2 weeks later. Of course people are going to worry, it's natural. I have endometrosis (although very mild) and was told I may have problems conceiving but now I'm pregnant - what happens if I lose this baby and may not concieve again?!

My SIL miscarried at 5 months in Janurary, read my other post and you might understand why I'm so scared, paranoid and absolutely terrified....

Each to their own, I'm not hurting anyone if I do a test and the only person who knows is my hubby and if it gives me a peace of mind whats the big deal?
  • thought everyone could do with a laugh so BOGIES.

It's hard not to worry, but you just have to try and then hope that everything is fine, which 99 times out of 100 it will be.

Hope y'all are doing ok xxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev287pf___.png

• I never said you shouldn't do it, and I have read the other post about your SIL so I do understand why you are doing it, I just said in my mind it is a touch neurotic doing a test weekly.

Ya not harming me or anyone else like you say so carry on if it helps. I was simply expressing an opinion on the matter.