Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bleeding/spotting

I am 6 weeks pregnant, since 8 days I have been spotting/bleeding. But no pain no cramps. I had my vaginal scan 3 days before and embory is in right place, but due to very early pregnancy, couldn't spot the baby heart beats. Is it normal or I have to really be worried. Hospital is going to again perform next week vaginal scan. But I am really worried, so want to ask is it normal to have spotting/bleeding. If yes how many days does it last for. Thank you for help in advance.

Replies

• Some women bleed throughout their pregnancy or just for a few days/weeks in early pregnancy. It can be completely normal and loads of babies are born healthy. It's good that the hospital are scanning you and there's an embryo. Fingers crossed you get more positive news x
  • Hi I bled for the first 10 weeks with my youngest. She’s almost 7 now. Good luck! X
  • Hi, I’ve just found out I’m pregnant and I’m bleeding abit, I think it’s implantation, I’m 7dpo well I think, I had positive opks all week last week snd took a test earlier and it was positive! My last period was the 4th Oct so it makes me 4 weeks today xx
  • congrats Ellie! X
  • Thank you! Xx
  • Chick231 said:
    I am 6 weeks pregnant, since 8 days I have been spotting/bleeding. But no pain no cramps. I had my vaginal scan 3 days before and embory is in right place, but due to very early pregnancy, couldn't spot the baby heart beats. Is it normal or I have to really be worried. Hospital is going to again perform next week vaginal scan. But I am really worried, so want to ask is it normal to have spotting/bleeding. If yes how many days does it last for. Thank you for help in advance.
    @Chick231 It’s really common to bleed around the six week mark, as this is when the placenta starts taking over life support.  As long as the bleeding isn’t heavy, red and painful, try not to worry yourself (but I know this is impossible!!!).

6 weeks is early and it’s very possible the embryo was just too small to have/show a heartbeat yet.  You may have implanted much later than you think, so may not even really be 6 weeks yet.  At this stage, a week or two can make a huge difference, so try and distract yourself as best you can until you can get in for that next scan!  Keeping everything crossed for you! X
  • Hi, I did a test yesterday that was positive, my first after two years of TTC. Today I've had bleeding but I have no idea what spotting should look like. Dr has booked me in for an early scan Thursday as I'll be 6 weeks then but the blood is worrying me. I don't have a constant flow but spotting seems to be a bit of an understatement.  Any advice would be appreciated x
  • @Sb40 congratulations, fingers crossed for you. I’m having spotting and it’s brown, no red snd only when I wipe. 

This is my 4th pregnancy but I only have 1 little girl and this has only happened when I got to 9 weeks and was miscarrying. So I’m not sure what to think at the minute. I haven’t rung the doctors, I think I will tomorrow and see if they can book me in when I’m 6 weeks to check things out xx
  • @Ellie34 thank you. Seems a bit surreal at the moment because we've been trying so long & this is my first positive test. I'm just so worried something is going wrong already.

Defo call your gp.

Fingers crossed for you too x
  • @sb40 spotting can be normal though so fingers crossed for us both 💖
    Mines seems to be stopping now. It’s been on and off since yesterday xx
  • @Ellie34 I'm glad yours is stopping now. Mine doesn't seem to be yet but I'm trying to stay positive, it's hard when you really have no idea what's happening in there though x
  • Hi Ellie I'm the same as u my last period was the 4th October I started light bleeding at 5 this morning but it has cleared up since. I don't no what to do
  • Hi, any more news? 
    My pregnancy texts are still light and not getting darker. I’m fearing the worst to be honest xx
  • Thank you everyone for the reply!! I had misscarraige last week😔 on 13day of spotting!!!!
  • So sorry to hear this xx
  • Post withdrawn