Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

please help with weaning my baby on to solids - he just wants milk

Kmarie88Kmarie88 New
edited Sep 3, 2020 11:57AM in Weaning
Hello. How do i help wean my baby. He just won't eat solids and only now and then he will eat the purified baby food. He just wants milk. Its easier to say keep trying but when he's screaming so much it's easier to give in sometimes. He also wants feeding every two hours. Am I doing something wrong? He's on 4 to 5 bottles a day as well as some food as he's constantly hungry. I want what's best for him but it's a tad hard when he's just always hungry. 

Replies

• It sounds like your little one know what they want!! How old are they? 
    Most babies will prefer to have milk first at the start of weaning, because that’s what they know and love. And you’re right, it’s really hard to feed food to a baby that is screaming hungry. I found that offering food after having some milk meant that my little one was a bit more interested in trying it. 
    I would give food when I was eating breakfast or lunch so that they could see me eating and enjoying food, and it would encourage them to try some too. It did take quite some time for my little one to get used to food, so don’t be disheartened! Milk is so important when they are very little and food is just for fun flavours!