Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

somethings wrong!! sorry v long.

Hi
i'm really worried and just wondered if anyone else has had this.

yesterday when i woke up i had what i thought was a little bit of brown spotting so this paniced me instantly but when i went to the loo again there was nothing. i then went on my driving test so i was sat for 2 hours in the car and stressing. when i got home i popped to the loo and there was bright red blood on the tissue. i went straight to the docs and he booked me for an early scan this morning.

so after a stressful night of no sleep i went for my scan and they couldn't find anything just a tiny sac with nothing in it the lady said it looked about 5 wks but she couldn't say it was a pregnancy because she couldn't see anything inside it
but i've been heving symptoms for 4 wks? can that happen?
i then spoke a nurse and she took blood for my HCG levels and told me to go back on sat morning for more blood.
i don't understand whats happening! the doc i saw last wed told me i was 8 wks which i wasn't so sure of but just 5 weeks and nothing in it! can that be normal

i'm so sorry to you all for rambling on i'm just very worried and not sure what to think
any replies will be helpfull x
thanks lis x x x x x x

Hi me again didn't want to post again
does anyone know what the HCG levels are supposed to be for 5 weeks or there abouts or is it different per person. just carn't seem to stop worrying x x x x x

[Modified by: bubbynumber2 on 01 May 2008 16:44:41 ]

Replies

• honey, take a deep breath and calm down (try a cup of de-caffinated tea)

Right, the spotting is normal(been there last week), apparantly it is lo embedding in the womd lining and getting comfy, as long as there is no pain.

I've just seen my mw today as I have a history of eptopics and she said that they won't scan me til 6-8 weeks as al that will be visable on the scan is the start of a sac. LO is only 3-6mm long at 5 weeks and that's very tiny to see on a fussy screen when they're trying to look through skin etc!! As for dates, day one of pregnancy is the first day of your last period.

Keep us posted but I'm sure you'll be fine and I hoe you passed your driving test after all that!!!!

-x-

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev363pss__.png

• hi im kelly and i should be 7+2 weeks pg i had light piock spotting last wednessday and it turn intored so i went doc she booked me in 4 a scan it stoped on sunday/monday and my scan is 4 2moz morning so i wont know till then? hope your ok lots of sticky baby glue 4 u and me
  • hi im kelly and i should be 7+2 weeks pg i had light piock spotting last wednessday and it turn intored so i went doc she booked me in 4 a scan it stoped on sunday/monday and my scan is 4 2moz morning so i wont know till then? hope your ok lots of sticky baby glue 4 u and me
  • thanks everyone i've calmed down slightly!
    its just so worrying as with my first everything was ok all the way through til 30 wks when i got pre-eclempsia.
    all my tests have been positive so i'm taking that as a good sign! i just hope alls ok on saturday as they give you the results that afternoon. my dear BF keeps telling me to be positive! how sweet

kelly - good luck for tomorrow keep me posted! x

thanks again everyone i'm so glad i found this site i'd go mad without you all!
    and yes i passed my driving test woo hoo 3rd time lucky but i wasn't happy for long image
    thanks girls x x x x
  • hi when i thought i was 8 weeks (going by my period dates) i had some pain and had an early scan and they found the same as with you, i was to go back in 2 weeks for another scan.. turned out i was just less preg than i thought (dont really understand the maths of it all) but they said at the first scan i was prob only about 5 weeks not 8 which is why they couldnt see much.

as someone else said the bleeding is normal and very common. i know you prob wont stop worrying til you see your baby but please try not to worry. take care x

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png

• thanks lauragcam thats really reassuring my BF has just been reading over my shoulder and has just said SEE SEE stop worrying!
    i just want to say thanks again to everone i don't know what i'd without you all
    x x x x
  • hi

i know it is easyer said then done but try not to worry. at 7 wks i had brown spotting went to bed got up red blood had a scan and all was ok. the same thing happened at 9wks and 11wks brown discharge and then red blood i am now almost 14 wks and touch wood all is ok had a 4d scan and looked great. i am thinking off you and hope all is well.

suzy
  • Before I found out I was pregnant-must have been about 3 or 4 weeks to be honest. I had some spotting and then a big bleed. Thought it was my period at first, but it all came at once and then stopped. Im not sure if this is the same as what you've just had but Im 27 weeks now and everything seems fine.
    The problem with early scans is that they cant always pick things up, in fact its very rare that they do-babies that small that its extremely hard.
    I hope everythings ok hun, all my thoughts are with you xxxxx

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/1;10051;28/st/20080729/dt/5/k/9e45/preg.png

• Hi hun try not to worry although I know you wont be able to relax until you've seen your baby, at 5 weeks the baby is absolutley teeny weeny and its hard for them to see on a fuzzy screen through skin and flesh and everything else. Try and relax, will be keeping everything crossed for you.
    xxx