Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

How much water do you drink?

Hi girls
Just wondering how much water we're supposed to drink and how much your drinking? Also, how many pints in 2 litres?
xxx

Replies

• Hiya!!

I find myself drinking an awful lot of water (all be it with some cordial) Probably about 4 pints at work and then at least another 3 after work. (I pay for it by visiting the loo ALOT)

There is just over 3 pints in two litres xxx
  • Hiya!!

I find myself drinking an awful lot of water (all be it with some cordial) Probably about 4 pints at work and then at least another 3 after work. (I pay for it by visiting the loo ALOT)

There is just over 3 pints in two litres xxx
  • im terrible, i hardly drink anything. i have two cups of coffee in the morning. 1 small glass of juice at lunch and then nothing til 6 or 7 ish then ill take a glass of cordial to bed with me and pee a million times.
  • I drink about 1 - 2 litres at work during the day, a glass in the morning with brekkie and a few in the evening, usually a can of pop with dinner too - i have worn the carpet out walking to and from the loo image xx
  • I so dont drink enough of it prob about 3-4 large glasses a day.
  • I drink quite a lot, but then always have. Probably around 4-5 litres a day.

Top tip: When you first start drinking larger quantities of water you will run backwards and forwards to the loo like your incontinent, but if you keep it up, your bladder gets used to larger quantities - well til little one bounces on it!
  • Hi, i've been drinking loads of water since being pregnant, i just find that is the only drink that will quench my thrist and god i'm always thristy at the mo.
    I have a bottle of mineral water besiddes my bed some nights (to drink while i'm reading) and omg the amount of times i go to the toilet during the night..hehe.

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev316pr___.png

[Modified by: Kezzie79 on May 21, 2008 05:13 PM]

• i don't drink enough, i will have 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning, some fruit juice, and then i drink diet coke...so naughty! making a real effort to drink more water at the mo though xxxxx
  • I'm the same, I drink about 6 or 7 pints during the day and then probably another 2 during the night. I pee literally all day long, I cant go an hour without going to the loo!
    xxx
  • I'm the same - pay for all this drinking by continuously being on the loo - I was bad enough with my weak bladder before, but this is ridiculous - I get so bad tempered having to get up to go to the loo of a nightime cos it takes so long to get out of bed!

I drink about 3 litres a day - but have to confess mostly Vimto cos I'm addicted to the stuff!

Karenxx
    2 weeks today til section
  • I drink it almost constantly through the day. Probably about 3 litres of just water plus tea and the odd can of pop. I do go the loo a lot but im just always thirsty. I think it may have something to do with the air con being on full blast at work too.
  • I seem to drink loads of water at the moment and each glass has to have at least a full tray of ice cubes in it too! When I not drinking water then I am crunching my way through loads and loads of ice pops! Must agree with Zoey that tap water is full of crap, we are lucky enough that our water actually comes direct from a spring so its really fresh with nothing added to it. Midwife also confirms how good it must be as my vit & min are very high for someone who is pregnant. Tammi xxx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev165pf___.png

• hi i've always been a big water drinker but it does seem to have increased since getting pregnant, i get through at least 2 ltrs at work and then have between 2 and 4 pints when i get home, it's no wonder i spend so much time on the toilet! x
  • im not drinking as much as i should. i have about 1litre of water a day and some lucozade.

http://bd.lilypie.com/eswup1/.png

• Hi all
    I drink 2 litres or water when i'm at work and then a few large glasses after! Also have the odd coffee and fizzy pop! I don't mind drinking water, but i know plenty of people who think its boring so a bit of squash with it is good!
    Sarah xx
  • I'm addicted to diet coke at the moment, firstly because I love it and secondly because it gets my lazy baby moving!
    xxx
  • i drink so much water, im actually feeling guilty if i dnt drink lts lol 4 sum reason! im always going wee lol xx
  • I'm trying to drink plenty of water, but even that gives me heartburn. So I'm drinking fizzy flavoured water and at least a pint of milk a day.
    Funny I used to love diet coke but it is the one thing that I absolutely cannot make myself drink right now, yeuch ! s x