Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Fibroids??

Hello everyone so I had a scan last Tuesday at 6 weeks 6 days and saw little bean with a heartbeat! While she was scanning she saw that part of my uterus was ‘shadowed’ and she mentioned fibroids, showed her college then didn’t mention it again.. I don’t quite understand if she thought they was but wasn’t sure ect as she didn’t say anything after that, I do have endometriosis and adomenyosis too, will my endo and adomyosis, cause me problems in pregnancy as didn’t have any of these with my son, I’m just worrying just in case I do have fibroids but she wasn’t helpful and didn’t say Atall. Many thanks 

Replies

• Hi I had two fibroids before pregnancy and they grew quite large during it, you might need growth scans as they couldn’t measure my belly in the usual way as it would have included the fibroids, they didn’t cause any issue during pregnancy but they were high up if low down it may mean you need a section but it will be monitored and explained to you, also they didn’t mention it before but during labour they were expecting me to have a big bleed after birth because of them and prepared everything for that but it was fine absolutely normal I’m due for a scan in dec when I’ll be 4mths pp to see how they are doing now. Sorry for the long winded post in short they really didn’t affect my pregnancy at all x
  • Hi I had two fibroids before pregnancy and they grew quite large during it, you might need growth scans as they couldn’t measure my belly in the usual way as it would have included the fibroids, they didn’t cause any issue during pregnancy but they were high up if low down it may mean you need a section but it will be monitored and explained to you, also they didn’t mention it before but during labour they were expecting me to have a big bleed after birth because of them and prepared everything for that but it was fine absolutely normal I’m due for a scan in dec when I’ll be 4mths pp to see how they are doing now. Sorry for the long winded post in short they really didn’t affect my pregnancy at all x
    Thankyou so much for replying and I’m glad everything worked out for you! I’m more confused as she didn’t say wether I did or not! Just that I had a small shadow but I think If I had them she would have mentioned! X 
  • Was it at the hospital or a private scan? If you have they will definitely make a note of it at 12wks and keep an eye on it 
  • Was it at the hospital or a private scan? If you have they will definitely make a note of it at 12wks and keep an eye on it 
    It was at the early pregnancy unit, but she showed me the shadow then didn’t mention it again I think she wasn’t sure but I think if it was she would have said?? 
  • Yes I’m sure she would have said and put it in your notes 
  • Yes I’m sure she would have said and put it in your notes 
    That’s what I thought! X