Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021

Nub theory: Boy or Girl? (12 wks scan)

Hi all, I’d like to get your input on the following 12 wks ultrasound scan. However the sonographer said that the baby measures more like 13+1 weeks

Replies

• That looks very similar to my eldests scan it almost looks on the rise a bit however I thought boy and we had a girl. So I’m gona say girl x
  • Hey guys, what do you think I’m having. Had my 12 week scan yesterday. Girl or boy? 
  • I would be inclined to say girl also. Both nubs look very much like my eldests, almost on the rise but not quite. Congrats! X
  • Aww thanks for letting me know. I’m really hoping for a girl I have a boy already 🙈

• thanks thanks for your reply @Lh8609. My hubby was hoping for a boy. Has any1 had an ultrasound scan that looked like mine & it turned out to be a boy?
  • I’ve seen a few that looked like that and were boys, it literally could go either way. Are you finding out what you’re having? X
  • Thanks @Lh8609. I’m waiting for my 20 wks scan in early January. The suspense is killing me! Lol...it could go either way indeed. Early on in the pregnancy, I had a dream where my mum & my dad (who is now deceased; he passed away 1 wk before I gave birth to my son last year) were in the clinic/hospital waiting room while the obgyn said that he could see the crown of the baby & it was a girl. I read that some mums-to-be accurately dream of the gender of their baby. I don’t know if it was a premonition or I should just take it with a grain of salt. Needless to say this pregnancy is bringing up a lot of emotions & all the bottled up grief that I still carry on from losing my dad. I never let myself fall apart or grieve him fully because I had to be strong for my son. Anyway, I’ll keep you posted. As I said before I don’t mind the gender of the baby as long as he/she is healthy & I will love him/her either way. It’s mostly hubby who’s going to be disappointed. X
  • Aww I really hope and pray yours is a boy Clara. I know how you must feel. I honestly want a girl as I have two boys. Your can be a boy as the previous girl
    Commented can go either way. But as you guys said main thing is baby is healthy that’s all that matters. There people out there who have so much difficulty so we should really feel blessed ☺️
  • This is my sons scan pic at 12 weeks I find both this one and the one now are so similar 
  • See my first daughters scan at 12 weeks the nub was slightly more raised than that, I was convinced it was a boy but it wasn’t. Mad isnt it x
  • Send pic I can’t view it 

• My youngest daughters scan x
  • Ahh yeh it is raised but she’s also not on her back so little hard to tell. Her spine isn’t flat so not sure if that’s why it looks more raised but it does have a rise to it 
  • I hope you both get what you’re hoping for 🥰 x
  • Thanks a lot for your kind words ladies. We’ll see in a few weeks. I reckon that at 12 wks male & female foetuses look alike and it’s hard to fully sex them. I read that if your scan is closer to 13 weeks it becomes a little bit easier to identify a boy/girl. A baby is a God’s blessing & as long as he/she is healthy that’s all that matters. Hubby will have to deal with his gender disappointment lol 😄

Zoet2807 said:
    Aww I really hope and pray yours is a boy Clara. I know how you must feel. I honestly want a girl as I have two boys. Your can be a boy as the previous girl
    Commented can go either way. But as you guys said main thing is baby is healthy that’s all that matters. There people out there who have so much difficulty so we should really feel blessed ☺️

• @Lh8609 & @Zoet2807, our 3 scans look quite similar as expected of 12 weeks scans. However, the sonographer dated my baby @ 13+1 weeks which does not corroborate with my LMP or date of conception. That left me puzzled. Did this happen to you as well ladies? X
  • I think I was a few days out with mine. My 2nd was a c-sec but my first she came 10 days early at a healthy 7lb 2oz so maybe she was on time and I was way out, I guess I’ll never know x
  • Lh8609 said:
    I think I was a few days out with mine. My 2nd was a c-sec but my first she came 10 days early at a healthy 7lb 2oz so maybe she was on time and I was way out, I guess I’ll never know x
    Thanks for your reply @Lh8609. I read somewhere that if at 12+2 wks CRL > 55 mm then it’s probably a boy. My baby’s crl was 69 mm (which is why the sonographer dated the scan at 13+1 wks instead).
  • @Clara_pope hey hun, did you end up finding out the gender? Let me know. Mines on Friday. Nervous but I know deep down it’s going to be a boy again 😩
  • Clara_pope said:    
    Hi all, I’d like to get your input on the following 12 wks ultrasound scan. However the sonographer said that the baby measures more like 13+1 weeks

Hi.  @Clara_pope What did you end up having? I am curious, because mine looks exactly the came