Forum home Product Tests Product tests

Gourmet Nature’s Creations: the feedback review thread

Hello. 

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the Gourmet Nature's Creations cat food as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

Please give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 6 questions and providing your pictures of your cat.

Everyone who leaves quality feedback by answering all 6 questions and providing pictures (and is part of our product test) will be entered into a draw to win the £300 Amazon voucher.

Feedback Questions

1. Please tell us whether you tested the oceanfish, poultry, or both varieties of the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food.
2. What did you think of Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food upon receiving it?
3. Please tell us how your cat responded to the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food.
4. Please share with us a picture of your cat eating the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘attach image’ button in the textbox toolbar)
5. At £5.59 for a box of 8 x 85g tins of food, do you think this is good value for money
6. Would you recommend the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food to other cat parents?

Thank you for providing your feedback and good luck.

Note: We may request to share your feedback comments and images with Nestle, the owners of the Purina Gourmet, for their future advertising and marketing material. See full Ts&Cs here.

Replies

• I gave my cat the tin of the poultry cat food tonight. I normally give my cat jack dried food and I sometimes give wet food for a treat. I personally don’t like the smell of most cat food so that’s why I try and stick to dry food. I liked the little tins they were a perfect portion size. On opening the smell wasn’t overbearing and the meat actually looked really pleasant nice big chunks. My cat is quite small and he wolfed down the tin!! He normally leaves something in his bowl but it was empty!  I like the fact there was no waste. I do think it’s quite expensive however I wouldn’t give my cat it every day it would be more of a once to twice a week treat so for that it’s not too bad. I prefer this to other wet cat foods so definitely would recommend. The picture is of jack fast asleep straight after eating as I couldn’t get a picture of him eating as he ate way to quickly! 
  • So we are now on day 2 of the trail and my two cats cannot get enough of it. Yesterday we tried the ocean fish and today the poultry. My cats are in heaven it’s just a shame this forum doesn’t let you upload videos to see how quickly they ate this food. I’ve never seen them this excited before.
    the box is fab it looks premium and tasty and it would definitely stand out on a display shelf however I have to say I wasn’t a fan of the tin style of food. I’ve always used pouches and find they are much easier you can push them out with your hand. With a tin you need a spoon to get it all out (although most did fall out tipping it upside down just needed a spoon for the last little bit) I found the portion size to be on the smaller side but that didn’t stop my cats licking their lips non stop after they finished it. The food didn’t smell like some cat foods which for me is a huge bonus and it looked liked nice thick good quality chunks of meat which is very important. 
    As mentioned my cats literally wolfed it down. The noises were another level and if you’d like the videos just shout and I can email them across they are funny. 
    The cost is in my opinion on the high side but you can’t argue with the quality, for sure. Would I buy this for my cats for every meal no I couldn’t afford to do so. Would I buy this more as a treat in between meals absolutely my cats loved it and if I could give it to them everyday I wouldn’t hesitate to do so and I would throughly recommend. 
  • 1. Please tell us whether you tested the oceanfish, poultry, or both varieties of the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food.
    We gave our cat, Luna, the poultry variety for the first time this morning. 

Although she knows full well that she's not allowed on the kitchen counters, she jumped straight up as soon as I opened the tin and took a very keen interest in the contents!

3. Please tell us how your cat responded to the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food.
    Luna couldn't get enough of the food. She doesn't normally eat much first thing in the morning, but wolfed down the bowlful.

4. Please share with us a picture of your cat eating the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food.

5. At £5.59 for a box of 8 x 85g tins of food, do you think this is good value for money?
    It's certainly more expensive than her usual wet food, so I think I'd probably buy it as a treat. Does it come in pouches? I thought the cans were a bit unwieldy and they'd take up a lot of room in the recycling if I used them regularly.

6. Would you recommend the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food to other cat parents?
    If your cat is anything like mine, Gourmet Nature's Creations will be a huge hit.
  • loki has now tried both varieties i am pleased to say he absolutely loved it his bowl was licked clean i think the price is amazing for a high quality product i will defiantly be buying in the future an will be recommending to everyone excuse the messy mat in the picture loki is a very messy eater 
  • 1. Please tell us whether you tested the oceanfish, poultry, or both varieties of the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food.

Both were tested. Gilbert loved both and eats the tin so quickly. Tuna seems the favourite 

The box is nicely presented but generally I would pick pouched food in the shops so as not to need to scrape the food out like is needed with a tin. I did like how the food didn't smell and is already cut up into small pieces. 

Loved it! Gilbert absolutely devoured the contents :) seemed to enjoy more than his regular brand and the portions are a little bigger than his normal meals so he was also very happy with that. Couldnt get him to pose nicely when eating as he was too busy!

4. Please share with us a picture of your cat eating the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘attach image’ button in the textbox toolbar)

Will send some videos too - Gilbert literally scoofed the meal so loudly. You can hear him chomping away

5. At £5.59 for a box of 8 x 85g tins of food, do you think this is good value for money

The price point is higher than his usual brand but would consider buying occassionally as a treat as he liked it so much

Yes definately :) big paws up from Gilbert 

• Athena was testing the poultry in these photos, and has tested out the oceanfish variety today, both of which she has thoroughly enjoyed, (and devoured), in the blink of an eye compared to her other foods she has previously enjoyed. 

I think the packaging is put together well. Most boxes are not easy to open, but these are. The tins are easy to open too. I prefer to buy tins to pouches as you don't always manage to get all the food out. As for the food itself, it looks great, just as it does on the outer packaging and tins. It's great to see there are no added colourants, artificial flavourings and preservatives too, as anything added such as these to pets diets can be worrisome.

Athena was excited to see I had something new for her to try and thrilled to test the new food! As soon as I opened the tin, she was leaping about and miaowing in anticipation, and almost knocked over the dish as I placed it on the unit for her! She dove in and started eating straight away, finding a large piece of meat that I didn't expect would be in the tin being the size it is! She was thrilled at her find and stole it from the dish, taking it to the floor to eat, then leapt back to finish her meal. 
    Once she had eaten every morsel, she thanked me for her new food, which is approval enough that she had enjoyed it. 

At £5.59 a box for 8 tins it works out at just over 69p a tin, so to me it's not too bad a value when you look at what you get in each tin and the fact that your cat thoroughly enjoys it's meal. 

I would most definitely recommend Gourmet Nature's Creations cat food to other cat parents. To Athena, it's purr~fect! 

my cats tried both of them I have never known them to eat a cat food so quick lol x ❤️😻

I loved the design of the box and it looked very friendly and ideal for my cats ❤️😻

as soon as I opened the tin they were very vocal and keen to try and would each try and get to the tin first to eat quickly ❤️😻

4. Please share with us a picture of your cat eating the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘attach image’ button in the textbox toolbar)❤️😻

At £5.59 for a box of 8 x 85g tins of food, do you think this is good value for money
    The tins are really cute and it’s great for a treat and my cats really really enjoyed this brand but I don’t think worth the money as it would be difficult for people like myself to purchase on a low income.

my beautiful cats really enjoyed trying this brand so yes I would highly recommend ❤️😻

Hello. I have 3 cats. This is Day 2 of testing. Yesterday my cats tried the poultry, today they had the fish. Both times, they completely cleared their bowls.
     I like the packaging. Handy little tins. Good portion size, not too much and not too little. As soon as i opened the tins i had 3 kitties purring and meowing rather loudly around my ankles. Must say, the poultry in particular, actually smells really good! 😍
    My cats tend to be rather fussy when it comes to trying new foods but they all took really well to the Gourmet cat food. They ate everything, not a drop left in there bowls. Safe to say they most definitely love it! They ate it all rather quickly too! They also started fighting over the bowl so i had to feed them individually 🤣 They did not want to share this one!
    I will attach picture of my kitty enjoying the food.🐱🐈‍⬛
    I think its great value for money. I have paid more, for less😓! And they didnt even eat that! I think i have now found my cats new food. Will definitely make regular purchases. Anything to make our kitties happy, right? 😊
    I have already recommended to a few of my friends and family who have cats. Two friends have already bought Gourmet cat food and seem rather pleased so far. 
    We tested both varieties and i am so glad we did as the one i thought she wouldnt be as keen on was actually her favourite! 

The boxes are nice and compact for easy storage due to the tins being nice and small, a well measured portion for one cat. 

Being a prodominantly store brand dry food fussy cat i didnt have much hope that she would enjoy such a high quality food, especially a wet food but she surprised me! The first tin we tried was the one i was most dubious about, poultry, and the bowl was licked clean within seconds. The ocean seafood flavour is less of a favourite much to my surprise but if i mix in a small handfull of her tuna dry food again she will demolish the lot! 

Struggled to get a photo of her actually eating because as soon as i sat down she was more interested in getting attention 😂

I think it would depend on how much your cat seems to enjoy it compared to alternatives. If your cat loves wet food then this is clearly very high quality. The meat looks good enough for human consumption and is packed in, compared to other wet foods that tend to pad out the packaging with flavoured jelly and little meat. The product itself is well worth the money, but depending on the cats preference you would need to decide if its really worth it. Personally i would buy the poultry tins again as they went down a treat and you could see she really enjoyed them! 

Yes 100%! The quality it outstanding so its well worth investing in a box to trial and see if the cats enjoy it. I imagine there are some far greedier cats who could easily demolish two cans in one sitting so perhaps different size portions might be a good thing to offer too. 

We tested both varieties of the Gourmet Nature's Creations Cat Food including the Ocean Fish and Tuna and Chicken and Turkey

On receiving Gourmet Nature's Creations Cat Food one of the boxes was partially damaged on arrival, but we loved the construction of the box and the compartmentation for the different tins and the clean and sleek design. Our only suggestion would be to  make the box a little sturdier.

The tins were a good sized portion and easy to open, but it was difficult to determine which flavour was which on the tin without looking at the box for guidance, even with the different coloured labels. It would be great to have the name of the cat food clearer on the tin.

The cat food itself looked and smelt delicious in comparison to other cat food and we were really happy that it offered natural ingredients and no added colourants, artificial flavourings or preservatives.

Originally, we were only going to test the food on our non-fussy feline Leia, but once we had opened the tin the food was so irresistible that our other cat Obi who is very fussy also wanted to try the food.

Both our cats absolutely loved the food and ate it all in one sitting, licking their bowls clean and the tin! Usually they always leave food in their bowls, but the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food was demolished within seconds.

Personally for us it it is slightly pricey especially with two cats to feed. Usually we pay roughly £4.49 for 12 pouches of food with 100g per portion. However, the quality of the ingredients in the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food is good value for money, so it would be something we would treat the cats to or would buy if on offer.

Yes I would 100% recommend the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food, although it is slightly pricey, the quality of the food is second to none and I would definitely recommend to any cat lover as a treat for their cat or as a permanent dish for any fussy felines.

Our cat Luna has now had the chance to test both varieties. She loves them equally, I'd say.

We were impressed by the look of the tin and the appearance of the product. Our usual wet cat food definitely doesn't look as appetising. 

Luna loved the ocean fish variety, which she tried second. Once again, she jumped up on the kitchen counter as soon as it was opened and she finished off every morsel.

4. Please share with us a picture of your cat eating the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food. 

I think it would be more of an occasional treat. It's great quality, though, and worth the money.

Absolutely. We have one very happy cat!

Both 

I liked the packaging and the way it opened easily into 2, easy to access the e tins in the cupboard. 

He is normally a bit fussy with new food but he ate all of every flavour served in one go! He loved it. 

Yes, and especially if they were on offer in a supermarket I would definitely buy them. 

Yes, the tins are easy to store and open, great for getting little ones involved in feeding the animals! 
  • 1: I have tried all the flavours I received for them to get an idea on what they thought of them.
    2: I thought it looked great to be honest as it looked fresher than other foods I have given them and there was a lot of meaty chunks within it and some of the cat foods that I have purchased previously had quite a strong overpowering smell , but I didn't find that the case with this food.
    3: My cats absolutely loved them all and I couldn't believe it to be honest as normally there is usually one or two flavours that they don't like but they loved all of these so I was delighted and as soon as they knew I was serving it up they were meowing at me for it.

5: I think it is quite expensive but to be honest my cats love it, so I am prepared to pay more for a food that I know my cats enjoy knowing none of it would be going to waste.
    6: 100% I would recommend it , my cats absolutely love it because it is such high quality and I have several friends who are cat owners and I know that they have already purchased this food and their cats absolutely love the food as well.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to take part in this test I know my cats are very appreciative as am I 🐱 🐱.

We tested both, oceanfish and poultry.

I really liked the packaging and the size of the cans. The quality surprised me in comparsion to other foods that we tried.

My cat was and still is ecstatic about this food. She loves both flavours and literally screams every time when she sees a can (it got a little bit annoying, because that's the only thing that she begs for to eat and follows us around the house demanding it). Usually she eats Orijen dry cat food combined with Royal canin wet food, but now she doesn't care for those anymore. Gourmet is her thing at the moment.

5. At £5.59 for a box of 8 x 85g tins of food,do you think this is good value for money
    It's definitely a good value for money. I was pleasantly surprised with the price.

A lot of my friends are the cat owners and I will for sure recommend Gourmet Nature's Creations cat food to them.

We tried out the poultry variety of Gourmet Natures Creations cat food. 

The packaging was very appealing and it looked very appetising. It had clear healthy ingredients. The tins were easily opened and all could be recycled.

We had a couple of extra cats stay with us for a while so we had 3 testers. One of the cats was notoriously fussy when it came to cat food. They all loved the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food. The ate every last scrap in their bowls then came begging for more. Another one of the cats has a sensitive stomach but this cat food didn’t upset it at all.  

5. At £5.59 for a box of 8 x 85g tins of food, do you think this is good value for money. 

I feel this is good value for money as this is very top quality cat food that my cats enjoy very much. 

I would happily recommend this cat food to other cat mummies- especially those with fussy eaters. 
  •  Please tell us whether you tested the oceanfish, poultry, or both varieties of the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food.
    Both varieties.

Looked really good quality food. Lovely packaging too. Really impressed with the appearance.

As soon as I opened a tin , she was keen and began miaowing , jumping up on her back legs..very keen to try for her breakfast ! She ate it faster than I've ever seen her eat anything! There wasn't any left over!

Please see photos below.

It definitely looks gourmet and worth paying a bit more for but I think it could do to be slightly cheaper. 

Absolutely would recommend, our cat loved it and she might get a gourmet treat every now and again in the future too! 

• I just wanted to follow up from my previous post now as we have finished all the food this evening. My cats have genuinely throughly enjoyed every last meal. They quite literally lick the bowl when they are finished and im just wondering if they are missing the last 15g as their normal food is 100g. My two biggest concerns are that and the fact its in a tin ive had to spoon it out which is extra work with washing up and not something im used to. I much prefer packets as i can squeeze it out and just throw away no washing up.
    Apart from these two things. Ebony and Lenny seemed to enjoy both flavours the same. They couldnt wait to get stuck in on each and every meal.
    The look of the food is good it looks and feels like really good quality and definitely has changed my view on premium cat food. I always maintained it wasnt worth the extra but now after this period ive really changed my mind so thank you.
    My cats are purring at my legs each morning waiting for their daily dose of yummyness. Whats going to happen tomorrow eeeeek!
    In conclusion and following on from my post previously i would 100% recommend this product and we are officially converts. I have two very happy content cats thank you.
  • Mowgli and Yoda both tried the oceanfish and poultry flavours of Gourmets Nature's creations. They really enjoyed both flavoured but loved the ocean fish! As soon as we opened the tin they were trying to get into it before it had even been served! They wolfed down both varieties and didn't leave any leftovers!

We liked the tins and we also thought that the food itself didn't smell offensive, which is often the case with wet tinned catfood. Our only criticism is that we struggled to read the information on the tins as the text is so small. 

The price per kilo of Gourmet Nature's Creations is about the same as Mowgli and Yoda's usual food but that is prescription food so this may be slightly overpriced in our opinion. However, we would definitely recommend it to other cat parents who are looking for a tasty treat for their fur babies.
    Bear and Logan were lucky enough to try both varieties - ocean fish & poultry!

The boxes they came in were of good quality, nice and sturdy and could be recycled. 
    The tins were a nice compact size and very stackable. Much better than the pouches to fit them into a small space for storage. The tins were easy to open and even though the tins look small, there is a surprising amount of food in each one! The food inside was very high quality, more meat than fat and filler than you find in other brand/varieties. You can definitely tell it is of very high quality. 

We normally give our boys dry food as their main food, with wet food being a treat every few days. Well, when they saw their bowls for this treat they were beside themselves and absolutely loved every mouthful. Their bowls were empty in seconds. Now whenever they see their treat is coming from the Gourmet Nature's collection, they go crazy! By far their favourite food. 

At £5.59 I would find this adequate value for money. It is not a bargain, but it is definitely much higher quality than the other cheaper brands, so I would probably get these for the boys as a special treat or if the boxes were on offer (say, 2 boxes for £8/£9). 

I would absolutely recommend this cat food to other cat parents, especially for fussy felines. The contents are all high quality and not just filler to make up the weight. You can see actual meat, carbohydrates and veggies. 
  • Simon had both varieties of cat food to try. 

The packaging was of good quality and the tins were a nice size that were easy to store and stack. 

Simon enjoyed this food that much that when our other cat, Stitch, approached him whilst he was eating, he tried to growl and eat at the same time causing him to make a “nom, nom, nom” sound!

the price of the cat food is a little too steep for me to buy regularly but would definitely buy if on offer or as a treat. 

I would recommend this food for other cat owners. Especially if they have Persians as Simon seemed to find it easier to eat this, with his face being so squashed and flat. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions