Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021

Due in February 2021 - Part 5

Replies

• My scan was good today so they’ll just see me again next week for another scan. Just told me to keep resting and de-stress. Got to see the little lady’s face and saw her yawning too 💕

• Awww that’s great @GG18 and lovely to see her again!! 

It’s been like Xmas day today. My change bag, rocker and sterilizing kit and bottles have come today 😬😬
  • 😬😬
    starting to feel real 
  • Hello ladies, 
    hope were all doing well 😊. 
    I had my 28 weeks appointment last week and got a call to say my antibody screen has come back abnormal. 
    I’m rh neg so need anti d injections any way but this isn’t an anti d antibody apparently. I have been back to to midwife today to have them re checked so they can look into what antibodies I have developed and if they can harm baby. 
    I’m hoping it’s a false positive as apparently these can happen. 
    Anyone else with antibodies that have delveloped during pregnancy as my 10’week bloods were clear xx
  • Oo that’s exciting @AyeeshaB!! I’ve not heard of antibodies developing so not sure what they could be @Mummy246. At least it’s been picked up though and hopefully can get to the bottom of it quickly  
  • That's good to hear @GG18 make sure you take it easy. 

Oooh exciting times @AyeeshaB 😍 our crib is sat in our bedroom in the box 🙈 and I've filled half of Coopers wardrobe with baby H's clothes.

@Mummy246 I've not heard of this either, sorry.

My consultant called today, she's booking me a scan at 32 and 36 weeks because of the size of Cooper and the growth issues I had with him, more for peace of mind she said. She's mentioned clexane injections too, but only if my mobility slows with my back and hips. See my mw in 2 weeks so see what she says. I'm not as mobile as I was with the others, and I'm not working either. I'm managing day to day but after half an hour walking around I'm done in. 
  • @Mummy246 that’s odd isn’t it. You’ll have to keep us posted. I’m rh negative too. Hope all will be ok. 

My furniture doesn’t arrive until 21st Jan with the pram too. 
  • @Mummy246 : I had an antibodies test last week, but midwife hasn't come back, so I am assuming all is fine. But will check with them tomorrow maybe. Hope the retest of yours clarifies further so you have the next steps.

@GG18 glad to know things are normal with you now, take care.

@AyeeshaB exciting as the stuff starts coming in.
    We are expecting our baby cot this week. This weekend I am also picking up several other stuff, breast pump, sterlizer, baby sling.

• Aw that’s great that everything is looking good now @GG18! Hopefully your pregnancy goes smoothly from now on xx

Sorry @Mummy246 I haven’t heard of that either but as other have said at least they’ve picked it up and will hopefully get to the bottom of it! Fingers crossed it’s nothing that will affect baby. I’m sure it will be fine. Did you have your anti-d injection last week as well? I had mine last week
    and I was pleased it didn’t hurt as much as I remembered, definitely less painful than the flu jab 😂

Ooh @ayeesha so exiting getting all these deliveries! I ordered some more bits from Asda online the other night got a few wee outfits for like £1.50-£3 in the sale I was so chuffed! And stocked up on some more girly vests. 

With Luke I had a yummy mummy bag which I loved (grey owls) but now I’m trying to decide whether I need a new bag as have been looking at the backpack style ones I’ve heard they are great for using for more than one child for space and easiness. Just another thing to buy though which I definitely don’t need just maybe a want😂
  • @Memza89x no I have it next week at 30’weeks. Not looking forward to it 🙈. 
    I’ve done some google research which I wish I hadn’t . It’s all to do with the rhesus disease and causing jaundice and anemia in the baby before they are born. My midwife was great and said that’s only a few antibodies cause this and hopefully it’s non on those ones and even better if a false positive xx
  • Morning ladies how are you all doing? 

I've just collected one of the community birthing pools with all the accessories as they are struggling to find storage at the moment. There is 4 that they give out for a small donation that goes to the Baby unit at my local hospital. Feels incredibly real and I'm super excited! 
  • Wow great scan @GG18! Glad to hear things are settling down for you too.

Loving hearing about all this shopping, I still haven't had a splurge yet but a decent backpack will be on my list. My girlfriends have been asking what I need as a baby gift so might go for a bag, @AyeeshaB what brand did you go for?

Exciting about your pool @Butsie185 very real now!

I'm 30 weeks today, the 10 week (or 7 to 12 ish) countdown is on! Feeling baby moving loads again now, defo took a quiet turn from 28-29 weeks so don't worry if you notice similar, seems it was a phase. Feeling more emotional now, tearing up at sad songs and cute pictures etc haha, the fun changes of pregnancy!

Sorry @Mummy246 I can't help you with your questions, I still ddontt really understand the whole Rh+ thing even though I've looked it up a few times. Me and Cam are both O+ so I think that rules us out for a few things. Fingers crossed its all OK for you x

Hope everyone is well and ready for a weekend 🎉
  • I know most of you arent from the US but Happy Thanksgiving everyone <3 Im sure my baby is soooo full lmao
  • @Sophie2791 wow the 30 weeks mark. I forget how far in front you all are. I’m one at the back at 26+3 

I went for this bag it’s amazing. It has a changing mat too. 
    It says out of stock as they’ve just done a Black Friday sale but it comes and goes out of stock all the time. Also got my sling off their site. It’s amazing!! 

Happy thanksgiving @ca@Catlady220
  • Happy days about the negative test @Butsie185 and so exciting about the pool arriving! I’m really hoping for a water birth but I’m not brave enough for a home birth. We are quite far away from the hospital if anything were to go wrong and don’t think hubby could deal with the mess 😂. Dreading the idea of having to stay any length of time on the ward after giving birth. Going to ask midwife at my next appointment if the can discharge me straight from the labour suite (which they probably won’t as I’ll have to get my anti-d and had a lot of post partum bleeding last time. Anyone opting for a natural 3rd stage? I tried last time but bled too much and had to have the injection but hoping to try again this time.

glad you are getting plenty of rest @GG18 I’m sure you are exhausted.

• Happy days about the negative test @Butsie185 and so exciting about the pool arriving! I’m really hoping for a water birth but I’m not brave enough for a home birth. We are quite far away from the hospital if anything were to go wrong and don’t think hubby could deal with the mess 😂. Dreading the idea of having to stay any length of time on the ward after giving birth. Going to ask midwife at my next appointment if the can discharge me straight from the labour suite (which they probably won’t as I’ll have to get my anti-d and had a lot of post partum bleeding last time. Anyone opting for a natural 3rd stage? I tried last time but bled too much. Going to try again this time.

So happy to hear all is well @GG18

• @AyeeshaB thanks love <3

SO curious question.....how big is everyones hospital bag?
  • I was going to take a little hold all :) 
  • I have a gym bag size for me and then my changing bag for baby. But I am hoping for a 6 hour discharge again. I will have a second bag packed incase I stay in more than 24 hours. That bag is just back pack sized. 
  • @ChelleH83 im debating on what size :/