Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021

Due in February 2021 - Part 5

Replies

• When it came to hospital bags, we were given some really good advice, and that was to have one bag for the baby and one for myself that would last us 24 hours. Then we had a second bag packed in the car which would last a few more days if we needed it. It was a great bit of advice as it meant we didn't have to carry around too much. 

I also put all the babys stuff in clear zip lock bags and wrote on the front of them so my hubby knew exactly what was in it so he didn't need to hunt around for bits. 
  • @ChelleH83 im debating on what size :/

Mine is about 24inches by12 I think 
    Baby bag is either rucksack changing bag or my skip hop one which is huge.

My 2nd back isnt too big, just a generic Nike backpack. 

I believe though that in the states you guys get given more than us, we literally have to take everything, nappies, wipes/cotton wool, dummy, clothes, towels, toiletries, sanitary wear, milk, bottles. 

• @Butsie185 i plan on packing one for me for 2-3 days bc usually while you are in labor u wear a gown n most ppl r in labor for alot of the first day so ill prob only pack an outfit for home n 2 night gowns ......i packed 4 outfits of nb and 0-3 months each for the little bubba......a couple swaddles his vital octopus and stuff for pics.....but i dont think ill need anything else for his bag bc they provide everything......i was thinking a small suitcase for me n hubby bc he will just need clothes and snacks and i will just need clothes and then pack some of our sundries .....but i cant think of anything else we would need ?
  • Happy thanksgiving @Catlady220 ! Hope you’ve had a lovely day ☺️

Wow that’s exciting @Butsie185 bet that feels like a biggie! It’s all getting very real now. Got our click & collect from Asda today and so chuffed so have another wee stash of clothes for little lady!

Also had my first leaky boob of this pregnancy this morning so that was interesting. Been a while 😂

Re:hospital bag I will probably be doing similar with packing a bag each then having a back up. The hospital as like a 5 min drive away so not a huge deal if we forget anything. With Luke I took a cabin bag and a changing bag but then my mum and hubby brought carrier bags of stuff in as well food etc and while in observation the midwife was like this is far too much stuff you’ve not got enough room😂🙈

I’m 95% sure I’m going to be having an
    elective section so I don’t know what procedure is for how long I will need to stay in. Obviously different this time round having Luke at home. I was quite happy staying in for a few days with him for the BF support etc but I don’t want to spend too much time away from my first baby. Will see what the consultant says on my telephone appointment 🙄
  • I would say for those of you having boys especially maybe pack a couple of extra bits of baby clothes - Luke had a habit of peeing all over himself I lost count of how many times I had to change him before learning to master to catching of pee. He peed on his head a few times 🤣
  • I ordered a nice nursing nightie for the hospital on Asda website last night also it’s worth a wee look they’ve got a few new bits on. The one I ordered has a 2nd layer rather than just button up which is nice as I often felt like I was just sitting with my boobs out and people would just stroll in the room!

also if any of you are still needing a replacement next to me mattress it’s down to £26.95 on Amazon xx

• @Memza89x yes i have 2 nursing nighties im taking with me

• If anyone is interested in The Positive Birth company digital pack, its currently half price in Black Friday so only £20! BARGAIN 
  • Oh no I must have missed the sale 
  • hey how is everyone doing? 
  • @Butsie185 excited that you got the birthing pool. So the hospital where I am planning to give birth has new labour and maternity rooms now, with water bath facilities.
    Next week I have a discussion with my midwife to discuss about water birth if everything is going normal. 

Catching up now on the shopping bit. Crib/cot is arriving on Monday.

The nursery wall is getting ready with wallpaper, stickers and stuff.
    Today I also collected some pre-loved items - 
    Medela swing breast pump (I have received the complete swt, but I will still buy new accessories, at least breast shield and the pipe). 
    Baby sling wrap - for initial 6 months, I plan to use the cloth one instead of Ergo carrier 
    Diaper genie equivalent 
    Feeding pillow

Still a whole list to order. 

• got a baby med gift bag today <3 was very pleased with all that was in it for my bubba <3

• 2 to 7 months ✨💕

Thanks for the bag info @AyeeshaB
    And belated happy thanks giving to those who celebrate. 

Treated myself to a small glass of red as we put up the Xmas tree yesterday, feeling lovely and festive at the moment and not quite December yet!

I hope you're all keeping well xx
  • Wow @Sophie2791 that dress is still going strong :) you look fab!! I had a small baileys yesterday trimming up. It’s tradition :) 
  • so just went for a walk around my road takes about 20mins, omg the stitches and cramping i was getting I had to stop twice. im home now and absolutely fine. I remembered when I could run that haha. 

anyone else experience this?? 
  • I’ve got 2 dogs so walk quite a bit. Other month though I walked 8 mile at the seaside and up a huge hill and ended up going to hospital with stabbing pains day after. All was ok just did too much. Maybe you’ve done too much? 
  • @Emma63 i get these when i overdue it at work......i work in retail so it can happen often......my dr just told me to sit down for a few minutes and relax then take it easy the rest of the day
  • I love the progress photos @Sophie2791 !!! Your bump is so lovely and neat!  Might have a wee glass of Prosecco at Xmas - can’t wait haha. 
    @Emma63 when I walk any distance it feels like my hips are going to come apart at the seams. 
    My emotions are all over the place today. I usually keep my shit together quite well - stupid hormones. 
  • @Emma63 i get these when i overdue it at work......i work in retail so it can happen often......my dr just told me to sit down for a few minutes and relax then take it easy the rest of the day
    yeah see mine was just walking round the block at a very slow pace. its crazy I've had 3 days off work so it can't be that I've over done it, but can't walk anywhere now without getting stitches or cramping. minute I got home I was fine x
  • I love the progress photos @Sophie2791 !!! Your bump is so lovely and neat!  Might have a wee glass of Prosecco at Xmas - can’t wait haha. 
    @Emma63 when I walk any distance it feels like my hips are going to come apart at the seams. 
    My emotions are all over the place today. I usually keep my shit together quite well - stupid hormones. 
    ouch sounds painful. mine was just mild cramping and stitches. and it was a very slow 20min walk lol