Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Early scan - baby measuring less weeks

Hi ladies 

So I had an early private scan today, thought I would be around 6 weeks 4 days at the least but she said She thought I was around 5 1/2 weeks and couldn’t do the measurements, to be sure . 

There was a nice healthy heart beat on the scan and she didn’t seem concerned, said I probably ovulated later than what I thought . 

However I did temping the month I got pregnant so know exactly when it happened.
Do you think it’s anything to be concerned about ? I’ve just got a little bit of doubt in my mind now that everything’s not as it should be . 
She did also say I maybe what I think I am and baby’s just growing slow and will catch up by the next scan . 

Any advice or experiences please x

Replies

• Hi I’d try not to worry they usually give you the date by the measurements and some babies are bigger or smaller and some grow faster and slower. The main thing is there was a heartbeat so please try not to stress about it. Congrats and good luck for a happy and healthy 9 months x
  • Lh8609 said:
    Hi I’d try not to worry they usually give you the date by the measurements and some babies are bigger or smaller and some grow faster and slower. The main thing is there was a heartbeat so please try not to stress about it. Congrats and good luck for a happy and healthy 9 months x
    Thank you so much for your comment !
     It was only after the scan, and looking back when I had my first positive test, I thought I can’t be only 5 1/2 weeks . I had a 2-3 weeks on a digital over 2 weeks a go ! 
    I’ll try not to stress thank you x 
  • I’m sure it will all be ok, if they weren’t concerned then that’s a good thing. Not long till yourv12 week scan and you’ll probably find baby had had a spurt and caught up a little x
  • Lh8609 said:
    I’m sure it will all be ok, if they weren’t concerned then that’s a good thing. Not long till yourv12 week scan and you’ll probably find baby had had a spurt and caught up a little x
    Yes I’ve got the 12 week one 4th January. Seems a while away, but I know Christmas and things coming up it should go quick ! Thankful for your replies x