Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021

Due in February 2021 - Part 5

Replies

• @Emma63 hope all is OK, let us know how u get on xx
  • @GG18 hope you're OK too. At least she has stayed put for you. Have they said total rest for you? Are you almost 31 weeks now? So will it just be regular scans until labour or will they intervene? Xx
  • @Emma63 & @GG18

hope everything is ok for you both xx

Keep us updated ❤️

• ChelleH83 said:
    @Emma63 hope all is OK, let us know how u get on xx
    they didn't really say much, they were really nice though. they just said I was getting loads of tightenings and that babys heartbeat was really good they just wanted to see her move. I was there 2 hrs and she moved 3 times where as normally it would he endless. 

not sure what they are looking for in this scan 
  • Memza89x said:
    @Emma63 & @GG18

hope everything is ok for you both xx

Keep us updated ❤️

they didn't really say much, they were really nice though. they just said I was getting loads of tightenings and that babys heartbeat was really good they just wanted to see her move. I was there 2 hrs and she moved 3 times where as normally it would he endless. 

not sure what they are looking for in this scan
  • @emma perhaps they’ll be checking the same as what they’re looking for with me - that the baby is getting what she needs from the placenta, that the umbilical cord is working ok. When there is a problem with it, it can reduce the nutrients and oxygen they’re receiving. It’s good that they’re being cautious and having a better look at baby though. They really are good at checking you over so it’s good you went in - they don’t mind at all. let us know how you get on.

@ChelleH83 I asked the same thing yesterday. Basically, they’re checking a few things 1) how hard the placenta is having to work 2) if the flow continues to be “forward flowing” when the heart is relaxed, rather than absent or backwards 3) the fluid levels around baby and 4) baby’s growth. 

They’re ok with number 1 continuing to be high and just monitoring that with all these extra scans, providing the other elements are all ok still. If any of points 2, 3 or 4 changes they might have to intervene. I’m also having urine and BP checked every time. So it’s possible I could go to nearly full term, but they said they’d induce me before 40 weeks. So I’ll probably not have a 10th Feb baby. I’m 30+3 today.

Also the contractions could restart at any time and they’ve already said they probably wouldn’t intervene if it happened again, because I don’t think they can give me the drip again. So who knows if my baby will arrive in December, January or February!

I’m just resting yes. Been told I can “potter about” at home but not be on my feet too much. Not to anything heavy, no hoovering, shopping etc. Also not to walk more than a kilometre if I go out.

@Catlady220 If you’re referring to an epidural, I’d never say never because you just don’t know what situation will arise, but I’d rather avoid an epidural if possible. I’d rather do it with as little pain relief as possible and start with the lighter stuff and work my way up. Last time I used gas and air and that worked for me, but my labour was very short so I’m aware I could find I need more this time. Also, my friend’s baby was back to back and that made her labour really difficult. So something like that could happen which I know does generally lead to a longer and more challenging labour. 
  • Hope babies both stay well and cook some longer @GG18 and @Emma63
    its getting to a point where you would really notice reduce movements because they are so active. 
    @Catlady220 I’ve never wanted an epidural, always wanted as natural as possible. First baby was back to back and labour was horrendous and long. I ended up on a hormone drip and needed remefentanil which was fab. Never felt the need for an epidural though as managed with that pain relief and gas and air. To be honest it the thought of a catheter that freaks me out 😂🙈, would rather go to the loo myself haha. 
    Second birth was back to back but she turned and only needed water and gas and air. I think every birth is so different and it’s good just to be knowledgeable about my choices so I can make decisions on what I want as labour progresses. 
  • ChelleH83ChelleH83 Regular
    edited Dec 5, 2020 9:53AM
    Sorry for all the questions @GG18 🙈 I've never heard of it working too hard before, so was curious. 
  • Haha that’s ok @ChelleH83. My friend who I met on the NICU last time had her baby delivered for the same reason, and we are still in touch. It got to the point with her where the flow was absent on some scans and her baby wasn’t growing very well - she was the same weight when delivered at 32+6 as mine was at 29+1!
  • @Emma63 and @GG18 good that they are keeping a check on you. Hope all is growing fine with you and the babies. 

@Catlady220 yeah epidural is on my birth plan list as the last resort, if the labor is going too long, dilation is not progressing and baby needs to come out. Also epidural cannot be used after a certain stage of dilation. 
    I will depend on alternate pain relief first. Here in Netherlands, they also give laughing gas as mild pain relief. 

@AyeeshaB Ewan the dreamsheep looks so nice. I was thinking of buying Snuzpod white noise toy,Snuzcloud,that's also for same purpose. 
  • I have a snuz cloud that’s come free with my next to me crib snuz pod. It looks cute 😊 
  • How did today go @Emma63?
  • GG18 said:
    How did today go @Emma63?
    they didn't call me im still waiting for the call 
  • Hope babies both stay well and cook some longer @GG18 and @Emma63
    its getting to a point where you would really notice reduce movements because they are so active. 
    @Catlady220 I’ve never wanted an epidural, always wanted as natural as possible. First baby was back to back and labour was horrendous and long. I ended up on a hormone drip and needed remefentanil which was fab. Never felt the need for an epidural though as managed with that pain relief and gas and air. To be honest it the thought of a catheter that freaks me out 😂🙈, would rather go to the loo myself haha. 
    Second birth was back to back but she turned and only needed water and gas and air. I think every birth is so different and it’s good just to be knowledgeable about my choices so I can make decisions on what I want as labour progresses. 
    I could count  on one hand how many times she moved over last 3 days 
  • GG18 said:
    @emma perhaps they’ll be checking the same as what they’re looking for with me - that the baby is getting what she needs from the placenta, that the umbilical cord is working ok. When there is a problem with it, it can reduce the nutrients and oxygen they’re receiving. It’s good that they’re being cautious and having a better look at baby though. They really are good at checking you over so it’s good you went in - they don’t mind at all. let us know how you get on.

@ChelleH83 I asked the same thing yesterday. Basically, they’re checking a few things 1) how hard the placenta is having to work 2) if the flow continues to be “forward flowing” when the heart is relaxed, rather than absent or backwards 3) the fluid levels around baby and 4) baby’s growth. 

They’re ok with number 1 continuing to be high and just monitoring that with all these extra scans, providing the other elements are all ok still. If any of points 2, 3 or 4 changes they might have to intervene. I’m also having urine and BP checked every time. So it’s possible I could go to nearly full term, but they said they’d induce me before 40 weeks. So I’ll probably not have a 10th Feb baby. I’m 30+3 today.

Also the contractions could restart at any time and they’ve already said they probably wouldn’t intervene if it happened again, because I don’t think they can give me the drip again. So who knows if my baby will arrive in December, January or February!

I’m just resting yes. Been told I can “potter about” at home but not be on my feet too much. Not to anything heavy, no hoovering, shopping etc. Also not to walk more than a kilometre if I go out.

@Catlady220 If you’re referring to an epidural, I’d never say never because you just don’t know what situation will arise, but I’d rather avoid an epidural if possible. I’d rather do it with as little pain relief as possible and start with the lighter stuff and work my way up. Last time I used gas and air and that worked for me, but my labour was very short so I’m aware I could find I need more this time. Also, my friend’s baby was back to back and that made her labour really difficult. So something like that could happen which I know does generally lead to a longer and more challenging labour. 
    yeah they said her heartbeat and o2 was good but yeah I rekon its placenta and fluid etc x

they were soooooo good x
  • @Emma63 wait so have you been checked yet or not?
  • @GG18 thanks for the tips  on birth plans, i think  i will look into pain relief and see what would be best although  could change on the day. Which antenatal classes  are you going with? Glad to see your out of hospital and taking things slow and easy though. Hopefully little one stays wriggling around in there for as long as possible.

@Emma63 do you feel some sort of relief or still worried? I went to the hospital  for reduced movements at 28+5 where he wss quiet  for 4 days and then all of a sudden after i went to the hospital  and got checked out he started moving again.  Currently 29+4 days and hes non stop. I think they could be having little growth spurts now and again. But good you went and got checked.
  • Jas2020 said:
    @GG18 thanks for the tips  on birth plans, i think  i will look into pain relief and see what would be best although  could change on the day. Which antenatal classes  are you going with? Glad to see your out of hospital and taking things slow and easy though. Hopefully little one stays wriggling around in there for as long as possible.

@Emma63 do you feel some sort of relief or still worried? I went to the hospital  for reduced movements at 28+5 where he wss quiet  for 4 days and then all of a sudden after i went to the hospital  and got checked out he started moving again.  Currently 29+4 days and hes non stop. I think they could be having little growth spurts now and again. But good you went and got checked.
    I feel a little reassured but still haven't had scan and today she has been more active but now im getting stomach cramps like period pain cramps but there not painful just uncomfortable 
  • Memza89x said:
    @Emma63 wait so have you been checked yet or not?
    yes so i went to maternity triage yesterday night where they put me on a monitor and they were happy but not happy and said they would phone me with an apointment for an emergency scan which im still waiting for. 

now im getting mild period pain cramping its not painful but uncomfortable 
  • @Emma63 that’s ridiculous hun the fact they’ve called it an “emergency scan” and said they’re not happy will make you worry more. I would just phone back and keep trying until you get someone xx