Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021

Due in February 2021 - Part 5

Replies

• Still waiting for a few of your numbers if you want to join the chat ladies @Emma63 @GG18 @MrsRodgers416 @Catlady220 forgive me if I’ve missed anyone!
  • Just sent mine @Memza89x

I am feeling huge tonight! Definitely struggling with a squashed feeling more haha. I think I’m going to get a birthing ball pumped up to sit on a bit more

• @GG18 I'm 31 weeks and a FTM and haven't had any cramping. The only period like pain I get is a deep constant ache in my very lower back. It's my usual day 1 and 2 period pain but I have had it a handful of times in pregnancy but not for hours at a time.

I hope you feel more comfortable soon. 
  • Hi everyone, just a reminder that once all the babies are born, we will create you all a new thread on the baby forum, where you can all carry on chatting. 

For you own safety and privacy, and a MFM guideline, please do not share on this forum your phone numbers or private social media accounts. Sorry if that sounds a bit fierce but, like most other parenting forums, we don't really allow folks to post about other groups. Obviously, we're not saying you can't be in another group (we're not that crazy!) but we do have to draw the line at posting on MadeForMums threads about them.

You see, we love having you all here, posting and supporting each other through pregnancy, and beyond once the babies are here, and we don't want you to go anywhere else! Plus, this has been the most wonderful birth club to date, long may it continue to becoming a baby group too. 
  • @GG18 how u feeling today? 
  • @ChelleH83 not had any more cramps or tightenings really, just achey. I do think I’m losing my mucus plug though. I first noticed some jelly like mucus 2 weeks ago and I’ve seen more in the last couple of days. I know it doesn't
    necessarily mean labour is imminent but I’m not sure you’d usually see it 10 weeks ahead of labour?
  • Oh gosh. Your girls certainly like to keep you on your toes.
    Tbh I didn't think it was common, but I'm on another due in Feb and loads on there have lost theirs. 
    It's good the pains have stopped though. Plenty of rest. 
  • Anyone else’s bump nearly disappear when lying down? The bit sticking up is just excess fat too 🙈. 
    This is pretty much my position today - shattered!! 2 year old has croup and her coughing has me up all night on tender hooks that we will end up at doctor on call. Had to get her and my 4 year old COVID tested at the weekend because of coughing but thankfully they are negative. 

I lost my mucus plug a couple of weeks before labour first and just before labour with my second. 

• @MrsRodgers416 sorry to hear about your little ones, sounds awful 🙁 hope they’re feeling better soon. Glad they tested negative for covid though.

My urine sample showed possible infection today so they’ve sent that off. They also put me on the monitor and there were a couple of contractions but nothing too concerning so just need to keep an eye on them for now. They did a swab as well due to change in discharge and do think there’s something so should find out by Wednesday. 

My scan showed readings still high so back again Thursday! Full time job keeping pregnant this time round haha.

@Emma63 have you had your scan?
  • GG18 said:
    @MrsRodgers416 sorry to hear about your little ones, sounds awful 🙁 hope they’re feeling better soon. Glad they tested negative for covid though.

My urine sample showed possible infection today so they’ve sent that off. They also put me on the monitor and there were a couple of contractions but nothing too concerning so just need to keep an eye on them for now. They did a swab as well due to change in discharge and do think there’s something so should find out by Wednesday. 

My scan showed readings still high so back again Thursday! Full time job keeping pregnant this time round haha.

@Emma63 have you had your scan?
    nope there was a huge mess up they don't do scans over the weekend and now I got to wait till tomorrow to have it :( and im away so got to head 2hrs home for it 
  • Sorry everyone....for some reason it wouldnt let me log in the past 2 days....idk y.....

@ChelleH83 yes an epidural ....lol sorry some ppl call it an epi here

@GG18 I was gonna try natural at first but with COVID being a thing my mom isnt allowed to be there :( i honestly dont think I can fight thru the pain without her and i have really bad anxiety and idk if they do this in the UK but apparently if they cant get your anxiety under control then they tell u that u should get the epidural bc the extra stress is bad on baby :/ ..............................AND i havent had cramps yet but i am a first time mom......i get sharp pains and have had braxton hicks for over a month now.......AND boy is your little one keeping you on your toes <3

@MrsRodgers416 i think you only have to get a catheter if you cant stand or walk.....some ppl can still walk with an epidural....im not sure though.....i been watching a lot of birth vlogs 

@Timefoebaby2020 i honestly think im just gonna get it bc i worry if i want it later itll b too late

@Timefoebaby2020 and @AyeeshaB we got a projection white noise machine that has like 20 different noises to choose from and 4 sets of ulternating projections....it also has a timer which is nice......i also got a remote control night light so when baby is crying i can turn on the light from the bed b4 i get up

@Emma63 whats "happy but not happy" i dont understand y they would tell u that....would freak me out more........i hope all is well with the little one.....that sucks about the mix up

@Butsie185 i love this idea <3

@Memza89x i pmed you
  • @Catlady220
    Yes, it can't be administered later in the labour. So if you think you must, go for it. Peace of mind and remaining stress free is more important 👍🏻
  • @Timefoebaby2020 the thing that helped me was a girl on a different thread told me theres no prize or trophy for doing it without the epi
  • Sorry everyone....for some reason it wouldnt let me log in the past 2 days....idk y.....

@ChelleH83 yes an epidural ....lol sorry some ppl call it an epi here

@GG18 I was gonna try natural at first but with COVID being a thing my mom isnt allowed to be there :( i honestly dont think I can fight thru the pain without her and i have really bad anxiety and idk if they do this in the UK but apparently if they cant get your anxiety under control then they tell u that u should get the epidural bc the extra stress is bad on baby :/ ..............................AND i havent had cramps yet but i am a first time mom......i get sharp pains and have had braxton hicks for over a month now.......AND boy is your little one keeping you on your toes <3

@MrsRodgers416 i think you only have to get a catheter if you cant stand or walk.....some ppl can still walk with an epidural....im not sure though.....i been watching a lot of birth vlogs 

@Timefoebaby2020 i honestly think im just gonna get it bc i worry if i want it later itll b too late

@Timefoebaby2020 and @AyeeshaB we got a projection white noise machine that has like 20 different noises to choose from and 4 sets of ulternating projections....it also has a timer which is nice......i also got a remote control night light so when baby is crying i can turn on the light from the bed b4 i get up

@Emma63 whats "happy but not happy" i dont understand y they would tell u that....would freak me out more........i hope all is well with the little one.....that sucks about the mix up

@Butsie185 i love this idea <3

@Memza89x i pmed you
    basically they were happy with her heartbeat but not happy as she wasn't moving and I was having loads of tightenings within the hour of me being there. got my scan at 2 20 today but means I have to travel back home which is nearly 2hrs from where I am staying atm as I am away on holiday 
  • Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought an epidural was a complete block, waist down numb, so no walking.
    @Catlady220 you do what you feel is best. I have managed 4 births without one so hoping to do it this time without too. I had pethidine with my first but it slowed everything down. Tried it again with my second when I was in early labour at 37 weeks and it stopped it again. My other 2 have been so quick I have only had time for gas  and air. 
  • Oh @Emma63 that's a nuisance. But better to be checked though. Is she still not moving as much? 
  • ChelleH83 said:
    Oh @Emma63 that's a nuisance. But better to be checked though. Is she still not moving as much? 
    she is actuve again i still wouldn't sat 100% but alot more than what she was 
  • I’ve been reading about pain relief in “what to expect when you’re expecting” ... this is what I’ve discovered:

With an epidural, a catheter tube is inserted into your back and taped down so you can move side to side. The medication numbs the nerves in the entire lower part of the body, making in hard to feel any contractions. Foetal monitoring is usually required because an epidural can sometimes be associated with the slowing of the baby’s heartbeat. This may limit your movements too.

In some hospitals a catheter is inserted into your bladder too since you may not feel the urge to pee. In other hospitals, the bladder is drained with a catheter as needed.

Apparently there’s a “combined spinal epidural” aka the “walking epidural” which not all hospitals offer, but uses a smaller amount of medicine. With this one, you’ll still be able to feel and use the muscles in your legs. It does say though, that while it’s called a walking epidural, you may only be able to move your legs but they’ll probably feel weak so it’s unlikely
    you’ll actually want to walk around.

then there’s a spinal block which is given like an epidural but, unlike the epidural, there is no catheter left in place and it’s given as a one off injection.

I think I also read somewhere that the epidural can be removed at any time if needed, so I believe it’s a constant drip into the catheter in your back.
  • @Emma63 hopefully your scan will give you some more reassurance today, and it’s good that she’s being more active again. Have you been having any more tightenings since? If they haven’t got more intense/regular than it’s probably normal. Below are 3 of my charts for comparison - the bottom two are where I was having proper contractions and you can see them on the bottom line where they’re spiking really high. The top photo is an example of smaller, irregular tightenings, possibly braxton hicks. They weren’t worried about these ones and sent me home at this point, even with my history. 

• @Emma63 they do always say though, that if you think the tightenings get worse or more regular then you can always go back in. They told me not to worry if I only got to the car park, or half way home(!) and I was just to go straight back if I needed.