Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021

Due in August 2021

Replies

• @Scotsmama I'd say they were girl cravings they say sweet for a girl and savoury for a boy was right for all of mine with my two girls I loved haribo sweets and ice lollies with my boy it was chip shop chips crisps pies etc I'll be finding out again if I can I'm too impatient too wait plus I can can get colours ready for sleep suits x
  • @Sj83 same I need to know so I can prepare. It is still a surprise. Just gone through my sons old clothes and had so much neutral clothing which I didn’t realise I had kept. Have created a box just with anything that we could reuse. Found some really useful things that I am glad I kept. I have done too much today...I’m exhausted! Face has broken out to which didn’t happen with my DS and hairy really greasy and dull. Feel tight and not sleeping that great at night....especially with then during the night visits to the loo lol xxxx
  • @Scotsmama I dont have any baby clothes I'd already given them away put still have my pram and cot  I'm with you on toilet visits I think the oh thinks I'm crazy when were trying to watch a night time film and have to keep going to the toilet lol 
  • We’re definitely finding out. We did for our other two and we will for this one also.  I have DD and DS(biologically) and a DS that we’re adopting.  So it really doesn’t matter to me what we have.  My kids want it to be a girl.  I’m 9 weeks now, which is a milestone for me, bc I was 8 w5days when I had my miscarriage in April.  So as soon as we can find out, we are.
  • We will also be finding out. I'm far too impatient to wait 🤣 I don't mind what we have as I have one of each, and I still have enough baby clothes from both kids to warrant not buying anything else! I will need a new pram though, as my daughter will only be 17 months when this babe is born, so need to get a double. 

• @littlefig I take the unisom/b6 at night so it’s fine it is makes me tired 🙃

we were team green last time but will find out this time. We already have one of each. It was fun waiting until birth to find out, but I’m kinda glad my husband wants to find out this time
  • 9w5d and my morning sickness is kicking my ass. Yesterday I was so sick I broke down crying to my husband, telling him I wasn't sure how much longer I could keep doing this 😭😭 I ended up getting in the bath at 7pm and didn't get out until 10pm doing some online shopping to try and make myself feel better 🙊

I feel a bit better today but ARGHHHHHH I am so over feeling crap! I know there is likely only a few more weeks of this before the fog lifts but I swear these last 3 weeks have felt more like 3 months 😩
  • Awwww @lozzz bless you. I had awful morning sickness with my DS. This time I just feel nauseous but that has decreased a bit since yesterday. Just can’t sleep! Been wide awake since 430am. Plus I’m hungry already!! Craving toast with strawberry jam with a cuppa! May just get up and make it then try to get some sleep. Xxx
  • @lozzz I have felt that way too 😭 I hope it passes for you soon. I did too much yesterday and ended up feeling really bad. Don’t know how I will manage work today while doing virtual school with my daughter and trying to eat all day as well. Lord help us all

@Scotsmamai couldn’t sleep the other night either. I always have insomnia in early pregnancy, but it was long gone and just had a bad night. Hope you start sleeping better 
  • Hi ladies I got my scan date come through today 15th February 🥰
  • @Sj83 I called this morning and our first scan is 16th February and first midwife appointment is 5th Feb. So excited xxx
  • So exciting isn't it I self referred on boxing day not heard nothing about midwife app yet I'm surprised I got my scan through first all becoming so real :) 
  • @Sj83 I called NYE to our local Heath centre and she told me to call a number. So had to wait until they were open at 9am today as they have been closed since before I tried in NYE. Called this morning and straight away gave me my two appointments, then will send out confirmation in the post. Feeling real now. Sweet cravings again today...had to go to Tesco to pick up breakfast muffins and a jar of strawberry jam, with a cuppa of course. Going to make another in a few minutes. How are you feeling today? Haven’t told anyone yet, we are keeping it quiet. Thank god we are on lockdown so can rest for next few weeks during first trimester. Xxxx
  • I'll chase up the midwifes if I havnt heard by next week I've gone off hot drinks managed a tea this morning I normally love a cappuccino the smell makes me feel sick now my fav things is still any kind of potatoes going to have a chippy dinner  end of week cant wait 😋 we still havnt  told any one either will wait till first scan x
  • It does feel real once you have an appointment! I have my ultrasound on Thursday and my midwife will be coming over for my first appointment on January 19 😁 
  • Ohhh I haven't even got round to ringing the midwives yet, so busy with all of these school closures 😭 
    I'm only just 6 weeks though so will give them a call this week definitely.

Hope you're all doing well ladies, time seems to be going so quickly.
  • Sj83 said:
    I'll chase up the midwifes if I havnt heard by next week I've gone off hot drinks managed a tea this morning I normally love a cappuccino the smell makes me feel sick now my fav things is still any kind of potatoes going to have a chippy dinner  end of week cant wait 😋 we still havnt  told any one either will wait till first scan x
    Ohhhh I need a chippy dinner in my life... might just copy you this weekend 😁
  • What’s a chippy dinner? I might need one too 😅
  • I just scheduled my first ultrasound and midwife appointment for next week January 14th.  It’s going to take forever for next Thursday to get here....lol.
  • So exciting that we are all booking our scans and midwife appointments. Hope all goes well for everyone. Excited to see how you all get on. Feel that mine will drag...5th Feb for midwife and 16th Feb for my scan. Managed a wee nap this afternoon. Binged watched Netflix...again! Making the most of lockdown and taking time out. In Scotland we don’t start home schooling until 11th Jan. shattered just now as we are clearing out the garage and the spare room..condensing everything out and using the rule of if not worn or used in two years then throwing it out. Another trip to the tip tomorrow. Glad I have you ladies as we haven’t told anyone yet. Wearing baggy jumpers and joggers to hide the bloat and the huge boobs lol xxxxx