Forum home Babies Baby

December 2020 Babies

Replies

• @NJR wow!!! That sounds like a traumatic but amazing story. Well done for getting through it and getting your baby here all by yourself, superwoman!

I hope everyone is doing OK?

@winter2020 sorry to hear you're struggling with PND. I had some wobbly moments where I was concerned about my mental health but after some sleep and rest I've felt much better. I hope you get some great care and start to feel better soon. X
  • @winter2020 Hugs and take good care! 

I am still fighting fever, was diagnosed with an uterus infection. Apparently 1 our 100 tends to get it after a vaginal birth, lucky me. Usually it starts immediately after labour but mine started several weeks later.. Night feedings and fever chills is not an fun combo. Luckily I was allowed to stay at home, I really didn't want to be treated in the hospital. 

Hugs to all and take good care of yourselves.  Being a mother is the hardest and the most wonderful thing!!♥️
  • @SIAI oh no! What were your symptoms of infection? I'm still bleeding (albeit lightly) 4 weeks later with some occasional cramping, I feel OK generally though but do find I'm quite sweaty at night. That could be the hormones though!

• Hi ladies hope you all had a nice time over the festive period and everyone's babies are all doing well? 
    Sadly Layth is in Hospital.
    He has been sniffly since birth but professionals always said it was fine.
    It has been getting worse and he started not feeding right
    Had spoken to Gmeds twice. GP at my practice gave me a phone consultation and HV came to see him.
    was told reflux (he's never sick) but given gaviscon. 
    Also given carobel which I never used, it seemed pointless and lastly told maybe he had a dairy intolerance so had been on a dairy free diet.
    Yesterday however his breathing was worse and his skin was all mottled so I called the surgery and luckily the Dr who rang me back wanted to see him, got there and was put straight to hospital.
    He has a respiratory infection and has been on oxygen, been suctioned and had 4 failed lumbar punctures.
    he is on IV fluids and if he doesn't pick up ok his feeding an NG tube is being passed down so he will be fed my milk through that.
    Am raging nobody cared to properly check him over sooner. 
    Ladies I hope none of you ever have to but get your babies seen, demand it if your ever worried about something.
    I know covid is out there and has changed things but there isn't an excuse for not seeing a baby.
  • @NJR
    Wowsers! I love your birth story. 
    Your my hero well done x
  • Omg @NJR what a birth story go you! 

@SIAI how are you feeling lovely?

@MissM2203 I'm so sorry to hear Layth is in hospital. How is he doing? I hope he improves quickly. I'm sending you loads of love and hugs x
  • Sorry to hear about your son @MissM2203. My little boy has always been sniffly and I think his nostrils look swollen. I am a bit worried now, I might mention it to my health visitor. I just keep getting told it's normal for babies to be sniffly but he is coming up 6 weeks old now xx
  • LouTTC83 said:
    Sorry to hear about your son @MissM2203. My little boy has always been sniffly and I think his nostrils look swollen. I am a bit worried now, I might mention it to my health visitor. I just keep getting told it's normal for babies to be sniffly but he is coming up 6 weeks old now xx
    Please do mention it. 
    I was told the exact same but his feeding started to go wrong and I knew it was connected to his sniffly nose. 
    He was well to look at to start with but his body just couldn't keep fighting as hard and it hit him worse yesterday. 
    Hopefully it is just sniffles with your little man but definitely get him checked properly. 
    Babies can hide being unwell. 
    How are you doing? xx
  • @winter2020
    Thank you love.
    Sorry your a wee bit down just now.
    Hopefully you feel better soon.
    Hope your wee one is doing great xx
  • @winter2020 How are you feeling? And the baby?
    I am much better thanks, the antibiotics worked! 
  • How is Layth @MissM2203? Hope you’re both doing ok xx

@winter2020 how did your appointment go?

Has anyone had thrush on/in their nipples? I’m wondering if I do. Slightly white tips of both nipples and often feel like they’re burning. Ralph’s lips have a line of white around them also. I’ll call the GP in the morning I think 
  • Hey , ladies,  @MissM2203sorry your lil man is unwell, hope he gets better soon. @winter2020 hope u get the support u need right now.  Hope all the other ladies n babies r doing well . My girl is doing okay, just a lil rash n cradle cap irritating her skin . I'm yet to have my postnatal check but worried I may have a slight prolapse   :#
  • Hi girls, had my appointment and have been put back on medication I was on before so here's hoping it helps. Baby has had his formula changed to a thicker one and he's thriving now. He's fuller for longer, not in as much pain or anywhere near as gassy and is sleeping in his basket for two hours at a time 😅 so happy we're finally getting on track!

@Siai happy to hear you're feeling better!

@RememberToBreathe oh no I hope it's not thrush. My mum's best friend got that with her youngest 😞 hopefully it turns out okay love and the burning goes away soon!

@Vey what makes you think you have a prolapse? Hopefully you don't have one darling!
  • @Vey totally feels like I have this too. Like something is poking out!? I’ve been doing my pelvic floor exercises but I don’t feel like it’s improved at all 😬 I’ve got my GP check up on 3 February 
  • Hi ladies, 
    How long did it take for your bleeding to stop? I'm over 4 weeks pp now and it's kinda turned clearish but with pink bloody streaks still... Just wondering if this is normal? It seems to come and go and I get the odd feeling of period cramps occasionally. 
    I've also been having issues with oversupply of milk and a strong let down which was causing Dylan some serious has issues, I've been engorged constantly so trying to block feed and express a tiny bit before he feeds. It's been tough but we're getting there. 

@winter2020 glad you're feeling better and baby is thriving now!

• @Emmy012 my bleeding only just stopped on Friday. I still get the odd bit of brown tinged discharge but even that's stopping. I'm sure yours will stop soon but if you have any worries maybe call your gp?

@MissM2203 how's Layth doing Hun?
  • Hi ladies,
    Thank you all for asking about Layth.
    we are still currently in hospital.
    Just waiting for the green light to get discharged today.
    He had a bit of an episode with choking/colour change but he is so congested at times it's hard for him to be on his back and he was at the time it happened.
    His chest is more crackly again than it was yesterday but he's hydrated, tone is good and he's been feeding better. All
    his obs are good and he's been off antibiotics for 36hrs and no IV drip since Sun.
    I have been told he may take weeks to recover properly from this but that is normal! 
    Hope everyone else is doing well and all your lovely babies are doing fab x
  • @MissM2203 sending you huge love lady ❤️
  • Emmy012 said:
    @SIAI oh no! What were your symptoms of infection? I'm still bleeding (albeit lightly) 4 weeks later with some occasional cramping, I feel OK generally though but do find I'm quite sweaty at night. That could be the hormones though!

Sorry for a delayed answer just saw your message today. 
    I had high fever, yellow smelly discharge, increase in bleeding. The belly is supposed to be painful too but I only felt discomfort when the doctor pressed it hard. 
    Once I was on antibiotics, the fever was down 2 days later and I felt much better.
    I think what you have could indeed be all related to hormones.