Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

Partner has cheated what do I do??

I have recently had my 2nd child 7 weeks ago, I thought she was the cherry on top of the icing on the cake in my life, everything WAS perfect. I have found out a couple of days ago that during the pregnancy my partner slept with a girl he met at work 4 times, he said he just did it for sex and she means nothing and the last time they slept together was 3 months ago. This has ruined me, I don’t know what to do I love my family but can a couple actually get past cheating ???? Please help.

Replies

• Sorry to hear you are going through this, it’s hard enough with a newborn without added relationship problems.

I think only you know if you can forgive and move on from this. Is he regretful about it and has he assured you it’s over? Do you feel like you could trust him again? 
  • I wish I could help you. This happened to me many years ago. I found out my husband had cheated when my daughter was 3 weeks old. I was devastated. I stayed for a while as we had 4 girls under the age of 4. However I did leave and an so glad I did. For me leaving was right and I am so happy now. Looking back I thought I was happy but there were cracks in the relationship. Don't let anyone make you feel like you have to stay or leave. There is no correct decision. It's up to you. There is no shame in staying and forgiving and moving on. People make mistakes. You need to be able to forget though as bringing it up all the time will never work. Good luck to you. Hope you find your happy place again. X
  • So I know this is an old post, but honestly....personally I would never be able to get over this. It takes a special kind of person to cheat on their partner whilst they are pregnant, especially multiple times. 

I've been in a relationship before when my partner cheated, and I forgave him and we stayed together, but the trust was never regained and our relationship was toxic as hell after that. In the end he cheated again anyway, which wasn't surprising. 🙄

I'm not sure what the dynamics of your relationship are, or what his reasoning was, but you have to seriously ask yourself whether or not you will ever trust him again. Especially given he works with this woman. A relationship is nothing without trust, and once it is broken it is extremely hard (and sometimes impossible) to repair. 

Either way, I hope whatever decision you make is one that makes you feel happy and confident going forward. Good luck!