Forum home Birth clubs Due in July 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anterior placenta??

Hello everyone I’ve had my 16 week appointment today and found out I’m having a little girl, also found out I have a anterior placenta? What does this mean for me, I did ask and she said I might not feel baby untill later in pregnancy but I’ve been feeling baby wriggle most days, am I imagining   the baby moving or am I a lucky one with a anterior placenta? Thankyou any advice would be amazing! 

Replies

• Anterior placenta just means the placenta is to the front of the womb. You'll still feel baby move, it's just harder to feel them at the front. I had an anterior placenta and felt baby move loads in my back and sides but couldn't really feel him when he was facing forward
  • Anterior placenta just means the placenta is to the front of the womb. You'll still feel baby move, it's just harder to feel them at the front. I had an anterior placenta and felt baby move loads in my back and sides but couldn't really feel him when he was facing forward
    Thankyou 
  • I have an anterior placenta and I am 24 weeks with second baby , I feel her moving since about 18 -19 weeks 
  • Benka96 said:
    I have an anterior placenta and I am 24 weeks with second baby , I feel her moving since about 18 -19 weeks 
    Thankyou, I’ve felt baby moving since about 13 weeks :) this is my second though 
  • I’m 36 weeks with anterior placenta (second pregnancy) I felt movement early, more around the sides, but this week I’m feeling stronger more frequent movements now at the front as baby is growing. Anterior placenta nothing to worry about I’m told!