Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

False positive test?

Florence30Florence30 Regular
edited Jan 22, 2021 1:22PM in Trying to conceive
Hello!
3 days ago I took 3 PT, one of them had a very faint second line showing and the rest are negative. Yesterday and today I decided to take another 3 tests and they are both negative.
According to one app I use I should be around 11DPO, and on a different app I use 13 DPO. My period is pretty irregular, 32-37 days, so I am supposed to get my af in a couple of days . Sorry if TMI: A week ago I had what I first thought my af, but it lasted only for 2 days, it was only spotting in the 1st day and light bleeding in the next one. I Should mention that I didn't had any cramps those days. I also should mention that I am feeling a pulling sensation in my lower abdomen and I am feeling more tired than usual.
Has anyone of you had 1 faint postive test and in the next couple of days negatives? All tests were done using FMU.
Thank you in advance!

Replies

• It's hard to say when your period is so irregular, so you could be anywhere between 5-10 days before your period, right? Most early test don't work until 5 days before your period is due. So it might be still too early. Try again in a couple of days! 
  • Bundaberg said:
    It's hard to say when your period is so irregular, so you could be anywhere between 5-10 days before your period, right? Most early test don't work until 5 days before your period is due. So it might be still too early. Try again in a couple of days! 
    According to one app I use my af should come tomorrow and I have another application saying  in 3 days. I will keep testing , but until now only one faint, all the rest negatives 
     :neutral:
    Thank you!🥰
  • Don't lose your hope just yet. My friend just told me yesterday that her early response test showed a negative, but she was still pregnant. 
  • Bundaberg said:
    Don't lose your hope just yet. My friend just told me yesterday that her early response test showed a negative, but she was still pregnant. 
    Oh, wow! Congratulations 👏! I was starting to lose my mind already. But thank you! I will keep on testing 😍
  • I was the same last month, and she told me better not to use the early response test because it's not accurate enough. Makes sense!