Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Back from my holiday and have my dating scan letter!!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!! i have been on holiday for new year and come home to find my letter for my 1st scan, its next Monday!!!! I think i will only be 8 weeks by then going from my calculations..............will there be something to see at 8 weeks???????????xxxxxxxxxx

Newlook

Replies

• Options
    Hi Newlook, how you doing? Ive been on the sofa for the whole week with morning sickness, its awful, done absolutely nothing.

Its eased up a little today, so nice to have alittle relief from it, I didnt know how I was going to go to work on Monday.

Great stuff about your scan, will you get another one then at 12 weeks??

Cxx
  • Options
    Hi! I am ok, sickness has kicked in as well but mainly on a night. i think i have my scan soon bcoz my last af was 18 october so they will think i am further on? do u think its safe to tell people after scan next week even if they do say i am only 8 weeks?x
  • Options
    No sure really... Im having a private one at 9+2 but am still not going to tell anyone until I have had the 12 week one, although I did think the other day if my sickness continued I might have to.

Its up to you really, see what they say at the scan, I know once they see a HB the risks are greatly reduced.

Did you tell your family at christmas? x

• Options
    Hi newlook
    Tell people whenever you feel the time is right - I told everyone after my first scan, not very good at keeping secrets!! like you didn't think I was as far gone but turned out to be 13 weeks at scan!!
    Update us when you've been for your scan
    Shell
    29+6
  • Options
    My sickness seems to be on a night so tink i will be ok at work i just am bursting to tell people.claireclaired - are u 7 weeks now?
    Yeah we told our family they are over the moon all cried!!! lol

Pumba cat - how many weeks did u think u were when u went for your scan?xx
  • Options
    I thought first scan was between 11-13 weeks, so there would definitely be a baby shape to see. Unless this is a private scan? 8 weeks seems a bit early to me? I could be wrong. Mine is 29th Jan, I'll be 12+3 image xx
  • Options
    Glad your family were made up, its really nice isnt it!

I know what you mean about tellig people, Ive got a few friends that have children and it would be really nice to talk to them about symptoms and stuff but Im trying to hold out!

7 +1 today! Have started to feel alittle safer since the MS has kicked in despite how awful its been. I wish mine would just come at night, Ive had it all day everyday, it made me cry yesterday I was so fed up!! Havent actually been sick though so I guess thats something to be grateful for!

Did you have a nice holiday? x
  • Options
    hi mithical - i think so too but i think its bcoz my last af was 18 oct and had irregular cycles they prob think i am further on?? im excited but anxious incase its too early too see x
  • Options
    welcome back newlook - glad you had a nice break.
    good news about the scan!!
    im sure if you're only 8 weeks they'll bring you back for another one.
    let us know how you get on!!

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev232pr___.png

• Options
    Oooh how exciting!! bet you can't wait! Keep us posted with how it goes, looking forward to seeing some pics xx
  • Options
    im pretty anxious, if i am 8 weeks do u think they will give me another at 12 weeks??xx
  • Options
    Dont worry Newlook, everything will be fine xx
  • Options
    It must be really exciting having a scan, I can't wait! Ask at the scan if you will get another at 12 weeks.
  • Options
    Yes I'm sure if it turns out that you're not as far on as they thought that they will scan you again at 12 weeks, if there's a suggestion that they won't i would def push for it, but can't imagine that they wouldn't. Good luck for Monday xx
  • Options
    good luck for your scan. i am sure you will also have one around the 12 week mark. xxx
  • Options
    You will definitely see something, even if it's really only the flicker of the heartbeat! Still very exciting. If it's their mistake, they should definitely offer you another scan. xx
  • Options
    yeah i do hope so, if you were me and all is well on Monday but only 8 weeks would you tell people? work, friends etc? or would you still wait until 12 weeks?xxxxx
  • Options
    Most of the people I work with, now know I'm pregnant. I'm not too happy about it, as it got out rather than me telling people. Someone has a big mouth! :evil:

It's your choice hun. I feel ok really about people knowing at this stage. I haven't had any scares, and have some good signs such as nausea, horrid taste in my mouth and some cravings.

I guess it depends a little on what the scan actually dates you as. If it's 8 weeks, then I'd probably consider telling people. If it's less, I'd probably wait.

It's what you are comfortable with. There's no right or wrong. xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/LMFo0/.png

• Options
    Thanks Mithical, i think i will be defo 8 weeks minimum so will prob tell people, i look really bloated and think people will start guessing and whispering soon at work.
    cant believe it got out at your work i would be so mad xxx
  • Options
    Guess even though people say they won't tell, there are some people you just can't trust. I obviously picked the wrong person to trust! xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/LMFo0/.png