Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

HSG test results

I got an HSG test today. During my test, my right Fallopian tube showed spillage but my left did not. My doctor said he thinks that my Fallopian tube had a spasm where it rejects the dye from going through. I asked if he thinks it’s blocked and he said likely not. He said it could be due to the fact I’ve never had a child and I’ve never had my uterus probed with dye before so my tube just reacted. He also said that my anatomy, uterine lining and medical history showed no reason for a blockage.

has anyone had this issue or this result during your HSG? I know I don’t have anything to worry about since he’s knew what he was talking about but I was confused when he said my tube blocked the dye.

Replies

• I had one last week and the dr advised if you feel pain during the HSG, they need to stop briefly, as likely a spasm. If you go into spasm then it can be difficult to continue with the scan (I’m pretty sure that’s what he said, I was so nervous). So I did have a spasm but he was able to continue once the pain passed. Sorry that’s not particularly helpful but it doesn’t sound like you have anything to worry about. 
  • Thank you!!! That makes me feel better. He said if I don’t get pregnant within the next 4 months we can repeat (but I’d rather not do that lol!)
  • Good luck, I hope it works for you! Wishing this was my month but feel as normal as any other month currently x