Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Noro virus gastroenteritis

Hi anyone else had this? I've also posted this in the Sept 09 forum.

I started with it 2nd Jan, got better for just under a week and been suffering with it since 7th jan. 4am 7th Jan my DH rushed me into A&E as I couldn't stand it anymore after being very ill all night.

On top of regular morning sickness, metallic taste and period pain type twinges, I have been sick to the point of blacking out and worst still chronic diarrhoea - which has been so bad I have passed loads of blood rectally that its more like stool in my blood than blood in my stool (Sorry TMI for most I know!)

Needless to say I have been feeling absolutely awful and off work since 7th jan. Thankfully I am at home, but I am constantly tired, no energy and thirsty all the time - probably dehydrated despite drinking lots of water and lucozade (at hospitals advice).

My doctor and midwife said that there shouldn't be any harm to the baby - thank god.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has been in this situation - pregnant or not.
Feeling very sorry for myself at the moment.

Thanks
M

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev242pr___.png

Replies

• Options
    My OH had this, he almost fainted and ripped the door off the bathroom cabinet stopping himself from falling! It was awful and his temperature was really high for days! Fortunately I managed to avoid it, 7 years of working in childcare and I am immune to everything!